Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really do hope you guys clean your showers well.

A friend of mine recently moved into an apartment where the previous tenant had been living for several years (10+), and the tenant's son had obviously been used to peeing in the shower.

When my friend moved in and began cleaning the place it took her nearly three hours to get rid of the urine smell and stains from the shower walls and floor (the previous tenant hadn't been much of a housekeeper). It was probably the grossest thing either of us has ever come across, and we're both countryside girls born and bred.

So even if urine is sterile when it leaves the body, it does leave a smelly reminder if one's not too keen on cleaning up after themselves.

That said, when I was younger (10-12), I sometimes peed in the shower when I really had to go before the shower but after going to the sauna. Very rarely however and I was never really comfortable doing that.

Holy crap Porcell, people pee 6 times a day?

Not sure why people don't like the idea of it, because it's "icky" or whatever. Urine is sterile, when it comes out it gets contaminated sure... But you're washing that area anyway, what's the difference?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Not sure why people don't like the idea of it, because it's "icky" or whatever. Urine is sterile, when it comes out it gets contaminated sure... But you're washing that area anyway, what's the difference?

well the simple solution is dont pee on your feet.. its not hard to aim at the drain is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I never said it was rational. I just don't want it touching me in the least.
    I wont argue your personal preferences. They are valid for you and ought to have that respect.
    Just want to point out that especially morning urine is used for different therapeutic reasons, which includes even drinking it.
    Could I do that? Hell no...

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well the simple solution is dont pee on your feet.. its not hard to aim at the drain is it.
    Idd. Not to mention if you're in the shower it would wash straight off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it a point to pee in the shower. If I have to wiz, and I know I'm going to shower, I will hold off on the wiz till I get into the shower. That's just how I roll.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I make it a point to pee in the shower. If I have to wiz, and I know I'm going to shower, I will hold off on the wiz till I get into the shower. That's just how I roll.
    I make it a point to piss at the same spots on the bike trail every time. Because that's just how I roll.

For we are men, the world is our urinal.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap Porcell, people pee 6 times a day?
    I'm just going by the stated usage (36L) and the amount of water consumed while flushed (~6L). I have no other analysis or source for how often the average person pees. Personally, I pee / deuce in the morning, pee maybe once or twice during the day at work (sometimes during the work day, and usually before leaving to go home), and I could see myself peeing / deucing once or twice in the evenings, and sometimes in the middle of the night.

So yeah, I'd say average bathroom uses during the day would range from 4-6.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    No this is not a joke. This is an idea that a dutch politician came up with.

On a daily basis, you flush 36l of clean drinking water, when you shower, you use +/- 40l.
    By combining those 2 you can save a lot of drinking water, needless to say this has a lot of ecological and economical benefits.
    Also the argument its dirty is not true, because urine is sterile.

My question is, do you already pee while showering and would you consider putting this in practice considering the benefits?

I personal never saw anything wrong with this, I've been doing it as long as I can remember (when you suddenly have to pee in the shower, you won't go out just to pee would you?)

Been peeing in the shower for quite a long time, you are washing yourself so whats the problem. (and that warm water....)

There are systems actually that direct shower water to a reservoir which in turn fills toilet, quite efficient i would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that there are people who don't pee in the shower. It seems so obvious to me...

I really don't understand peoples "disgust" with showering and peeing even if it does get on them. Do people not use soap when showering anymore or something? People are commenting about how urine is sterile (it is) and then talking about how it gets contaminated quickly as if .5 seconds after it hits the air wherever and whatever urine touched blows up with all sorts of diseases and bacteria.

The fact of the matter is (on a global level) if people did pee when in the shower, we would be saving a massive amount of not only water but everything else that's needed to "purify" waste water to be potable again.

Great... now I gotta pee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Been peeing in the shower for quite a long time, you are washing yourself so whats the problem. (and that warm water....)

There are systems actually that direct shower water to a reservoir which in turn fills toilet, quite efficient i would say.
    Never heard of that before but that is pretty niffy. Makes a hell of a lot of sense too.

Deleted
    From a threat 2 years ago: Do you pee in the shower?

The majority already does

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I really don't understand peoples "disgust" with showering and peeing even if it does get on them. Do people not use soap when showering anymore or something? People are commenting about how urine is sterile (it is) and then talking about how it gets contaminated quickly as if .5 seconds after it hits the air wherever and whatever urine touched blows up with all sorts of diseases and bacteria.
    It gets contaminated from your urethra, not the air. So as I said above, it's already "on" you and I'm pretty sure people go down there anyway, so not sure why people get bothered by it.

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.
    Kind of a rule for environmentally conscious people that helps to avoid the wasting of water.

If it causes an undesirable odor I suggest buying one of those vanish/lysol/clorox drop-ins

There's plenty of options for infinite water supply, they are just really expensive and people aren't willing/ready to pay for that yet. Desalinization, and hauling ice bergs come to mind first.

Deleted
    Reminds me of the first sketch in this video XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it a point to piss at the same spots on the bike trail every time. Because that's just how I roll.

For we are men, the world is our urinal.
    I approve of this. Just know that if you roll up on one of your piss zones, and another male is pissing there, you have to fight to the death.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.