Cutting for Bieber

I didn't know if I should post this here or in the music section, so I thought I would put it here for starters.

So this started yesterday, apparently from 4chan. However some are saying it started from 9gag. Anyway its a hoax over Justin Bieber smoking pot. They created fake twitter accounts, posting pictures of them "cutting" themselves until JB stops smoking pot. However among all the tweets its hard to tell which is part of the hoax and which people who are actually stupid enough to do something like this. I do admit however, there is some pretty funny parody pictures that have sprung up from it.

How do you guys feel about the whole situation and what are your thoughts on it?

My personal feelings and thoughts is somewhat on the fence. I tip my hat off to whoever started the hoax, but however I can't believe some people are stupid enough to believe it and to actually do something like this to their body over something a pop-star is doing in their private life. Some are somewhat thankful that Darwinism is working at its finest, and perhaps we are better off without such stupid people in our society. However at the same time I do feel quite concerned for anyone's mental health that would believe this and do something like this. Maybe they are attention seekers, or maybe they really do need help. Or perhaps these hoax's are starting to cross a line? Maybe they should have learned from the whole "Bald for Bieber".

Here are some links down below. I am going to link KYM stuff, which generally links to the original content if you are not happy with KYM as a source. I do suggest taking a look at some of the parody pictures as they are quite funny.

Here is the BaldforBieber hoax if you never heard of it, which is where this hoax, CuttingforBieber started.
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people...#baldforbieber

Here is information on cuttingforbieber hoax.
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/cuttingforbieber

And here is some of the hashtags from twitter:
    #cutsforbieber
    #cuts4bieber
    #cuttingforbieber

10+ Year Old Account
    This did not start yesterday. Mostly old images from 4chan where they trolled people into cutting themselves over Beiber, I believe.

Deleted
    There was about two threads of this yesterday, both closed for obvious reasons, so I'm not going to allow this one to say up, sorry.