Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reportedly 8K resolutions are already being used in some IMAX theaters (70mm film) so there's a good use for 8K.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Reportedly 8K resolutions are already being used in some IMAX theaters (70mm film) so there's a good use for 8K.
    Last I heard, they're still converting Imax theatres to make use of 4k movie footage. Then there's the issue that almost all film's visual effects/post effects are created/edited in 2k res max. The time and cost of rendering things in 4k pretty much triples the effective SFX budget and time required. If anything, they'll just be aiming at upscaling 4k to 8k screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Last I heard, they're still converting Imax theatres to make use of 4k movie footage. Then there's the issue that almost all film's visual effects/post effects are created/edited in 2k res max. The time and cost of rendering things in 4k pretty much triples the effective SFX budget and time required. If anything, they'll just be aiming at upscaling 4k to 8k screens.
    I was under the impression that a bunch of films already have been mastered in 4K, I believe someone linked an article about it in a thread a few weeks ago.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I was under the impression that a bunch of films already have been mastered in 4K, I believe someone linked an article about it in a thread a few weeks ago.
    I've already covered the majority of this a couple of pages back in this thread.

http://www.funkykit.com/audio-and-vi...-support-.html

4K HDMI cables, only 30Hz though.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeewwwww.

Well, it's a start. Let me know when they will do it at 60Hz. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    4K HDMI cables, only 30Hz though.
    Eeeewwwww.

Well, it's a start. Let me know when they will do it at 60Hz. :P
    Don't really matter for movies, as The Hobbit is only thing filmed at over 30fps.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't really matter for movies, as The Hobbit is only thing filmed at over 30fps.
    isn't avatar 48 fps, or is that only the 3d version, i know james cameron wants movies shot at higher framerates and given the popularity of 240Hz tvs we could see an increase in higher fps movies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    isn't avatar 48 fps, or is that only the 3d version, i know james cameron wants movies shot at higher framerates and given the popularity of 240Hz tvs we could see an increase in higher fps movies
    Bleh.

We have a 240Hz, honestly, it's alright, but I've seen 120Hz TVs that seem to be much better/more fluid.

The one I have is the Sony Bravia NX46 or something like that. It's a couple years old, so it's a bit older tech, however we only got it less than a year ago discounted at good ol' Costco. I do wonder though whether in normal mode it is showing 60Hz or 120Hz.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Isn't 240Hz LCD and 600Hz plasma just interpolated marketing BS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't 240Hz LCD and 600Hz plasma just interpolated marketing BS?
    I think it is with 600Hz, but I think 240Hz is when you use the 3D function and it has two images going at 120Hz, however I'm likely very very wrong.
    "A flower.

I think it is with 600Hz, but I think 240Hz is when you use the 3D function and it has two images going at 120Hz, however I'm likely very very wrong.
    Interpolated. 3D BluRay movies are saved at 48fps, 24fps for both eyes, so for that use the 30hz 4k cable is not enough. But whole 3D is annoying gimmick anyway (bothered me much more than HFR on Hobbit).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interpolated. 3D BluRay movies are saved at 48fps, 24fps for both eyes, so for that use the 30hz 4k cable is not enough. But whole 3D is annoying gimmick anyway (bothered me much more than HFR on Hobbit).
    Yeah, I honestly only saw it in 2D, though I wish there had been a way to see it in true 48 fps or even 60, but not 3D. I don't give a shit, tbqh, about all this 3D bullshit, except for maybe some certain games, but even still, it's too young and really does a number on your eyes.

Got to experience one of the Asus 120Hz 3D displays with glasses at a LAN party a few months back just for like a cinematic type of scene and it was bugging my eyes.
    "A flower.

Oh please don't talk about Hobbit 3D HFR, it was the first 3D movie I've seen at it messed my head up completely. I tried to watch without the glasses but it was just as bad. The movie it self was very good but I will not go to see another 3D movie in a long time. Can't wait to see Hobbit in just HFR though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please don't talk about Hobbit 3D HFR, it was the first 3D movie I've seen at it messed my head up completely. I tried to watch without the glasses but it was just as bad. The movie it self was very good but I will not go to see another 3D movie in a long time. Can't wait to see Hobbit in just HFR though.
    Wait, are they going to make that available after all?
    "A flower.

Wait, are they going to make that available after all?
    I was pretty sure that I read about it, but I can't actually find any info about it now, perhaps it was just a dream. F*ck.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty sure that I read about it, but I can't actually find any info about it now, perhaps it was just a dream. F*ck.
    Atleast in finland they do shows 2d, 2d hfr, 3d and 3d hfr.