Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I could easily see them nerf Invocation mana returned by 50%. Their goal was to make it less maintenancy for Fire/Frost.
    Then the question is this: Why do Mages require an entire tier of talents revolving around mana regeneration when only 1 spec cares about mana regeneration, and is designed so the passive regeneration provided by Rune of Power will always be the superior choice?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Arcane is built around mana mangement. Its mastery is linked to mana. The entire lv 90 row of talents is arcane-centric.
    Myth. Arcane's slated playstyle heavily favors Rune of Power for its consistent passive mana return as opposed to DPS interruptions and subsequent loss of passive regen through Invocation or the utter failure of a talent that is Incanter's Ward.

Honestly at this point I'm starting to think Rune of Power could just be made baseline for Arcane.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    He once said himself that mana shouldn't really matter anymore for dps specs, but only for healers. So Arcane shouldn't have to care about it either.
    No, it should; Mana is Arcane's resource, equivalent to Energy, Focus, Holy Power, Soul Shards, etc.

There is no issue with Arcane relying on management of the blue bar to maximize DPS. The issue is when baseline talents and abilities are designed with it in mind that impact Fire and Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Why is so much focus being put on mages? There are so many other classes that need nerfing and processing much more than mages. Arcane in its current state is fine. Buff us up, leave us alone, and watch the fireworks. Go nerf classes with 10 million abilities like DK's, shadow priests, paladins, Monks, etc... Keep your dirty, filthy hands off my mage. If you want to play a fanboy class, go with a druid, dk, or a monk. Leave mages alone.

Then the question is this: Why do Mages require an entire tier of talents revolving around mana regeneration when only 1 spec cares about mana regeneration, and is designed so the passive regeneration provided by Rune of Power will always be the superior choice?
    This. To make people use them, they made mana management abilities into buff management abilities. And they are surprised they became maintenancey.....Add to it the fact that it double penalizes us when we have to move (lower damage nuke + loss of damage buff).

They really need to just wipe the tier. Make invocate or rune base line, removing the damage buff component and backing it into our spells. A glyph could be offered to switch between invocate and rune depending on which they made base. We wouldn't have to root ourselves then to maintain a buff. Mana could be managed, as mana management. Evocate early, stop it early, delay it a bit and use a mana gem, etc, etc based on encounter mechanics. Then it becomes actual management based on need, not stop and channel every X number of seconds to maintain a buff.

A new level 90 tier, even if it was extremely situational, would be vastly superior. I would even take a tier like the DK lvl 90 (useless in most situations, but fun in the right ones) over what we have.