Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I was rading and being disrespectfull and only got two warnings in over one year, one of them for setting a quote as signature?

Its hard to take screenshots when you are not informed why you were banned and your posts are deleted without you even knowing it, should i have to take srceenshots of evry post i make in every single forum from now on?

Whatever, i just wanted to warn everyone that it is happening (you can ee in the reddit page and in other forums that there are more people with this same problem, a lot more).

Take the warning and do with it whatever you guys see fit.
    Say what you will but we really can't believe you if you've got nothing.

Deleted
    Is this game worth a shot? Can I have a reasonable amount of fun without spending any money? my friend is offering to level a character with me and I'm already trying to gear a character on D3, is this worth the time? it looks ok from the footage I've seen, I suppose my main question is, does it feel as good as Diablo combat?

Deleted
    No, but D3 combat is reaaaally good. MH is ok and it's free, try it and see for yourself. Though I stopped playing because of poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Is this game worth a shot? Can I have a reasonable amount of fun without spending any money? my friend is offering to level a character with me and I'm already trying to gear a character on D3, is this worth the time? it looks ok from the footage I've seen, I suppose my main question is, does it feel as good as Diablo combat?
    Yeah, give a shot. Can't lose if it's F2P and I think you'll have fun. You may have to juggle the lone STASH slot you'll have (I think they give you store currency to buy another, been a while) if you don't want to spend money.

To your main question, the combat is just as fast or if not, faster than D3 (at least to me).

I like it. They've expanded the free hero roster from where they started at launch, so there are plenty of different styles to choose from. However, make sure you read up on the available heroes so you don't pick one you might hate.

Deleted
    Seems good enough to me, downloading now.

The game is good, specialyl considering its free.

You can play it almost for free, although i doubt you can play it for long without being forced to buy more stash space. Besides that, you can get the heroes without paying.

If you dont have a very good computer you will have performance problems when you get to boss fights in public areas and such things.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Just wanted to put this here before it starts again. Let's please keep all discussion of how they ban, warn, and the reasons why out of the discussion. It doesn't help further the discussion of the game. Plus it's all speculation as there is essentially no way to prove how they do things so lets not try to start an argument in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The game is good, specialyl considering its free.

You can play it almost for free, although i doubt you can play it for long without being forced to buy more stash space. Besides that, you can get the heroes without paying.

If you dont have a very good computer you will have performance problems when you get to boss fights in public areas and such things.
    Even with a good computer, you can have issues. While your lag/fps may not drop out from under you, there's so much shit going on that it can be very difficult to see where the boss is. However, the game is pretty well optimized. Especially when I think back to beta and having more than 4 people fighting Venom. Oh the lag.

You can definitely get away with spending zero money. It takes some creative juggling, but if you're donating anything you don't need, you can get around it. The real problem comes in the form of runes and crafting mats. They're a bitch. But Gazillion has been good to their customers, so it's hard to complain and I didn't mind handing them another $20 even though they made Black Panther free after I already paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Even with a good computer, you can have issues. While your lag/fps may not drop out from under you, there's so much shit going on that it can be very difficult to see where the boss is. However, the game is pretty well optimized. Especially when I think back to beta and having more than 4 people fighting Venom. Oh the lag.

You can definitely get away with spending zero money. It takes some creative juggling, but if you're donating anything you don't need, you can get around it. The real problem comes in the form of runes and crafting mats. They're a bitch. But Gazillion has been good to their customers, so it's hard to complain and I didn't mind handing them another $20 even though they made Black Panther free after I already paid for him.
    Well...even though Black Panther is on the free rotation that doesn't mean you would've got him. (You might understand this already, but some don't). I remember when I started it was Thing, Daredevil and someone else. So I went with Thing and slowly trudged through it. Waiting on his review to see if he'll be better.

As for performance, there's several things going on. From what I've heard the Unreal engine itself has a lot of leaks and performance issues in itself. So they have to go through and patch all the buggy code, double check it doesn't break something and etc. But you are right, performance has gone a long way from when Venom would spawn he'd 1 shot the server and disconnect everyone. Now granted it's still drops major fps for me but this last patch of performance fixes helped ease some of that. Midtown was a slideshow on bosses for me. This past week I've been able to go through and actually dps and move and not have issues.

As for paying (for the other posts) you can get by as others have said without spending a dime. You just have to decide what you want to keep and not keep. If you like storing things then you might want to invest in a stash and wait till next years anniversary event as they may give away another stash. Though for a free to play game, in my opinion it does a really good job as they have a patch every week fixes bugs sometimes adding stuff and the big patch of the month has a new hero, level 52 rework of a hero and sometimes just more content. Plus each week they usually hold some type of event. Like this week is 50% Special Item Find, Rare Item Find and XP buff on the server side. Recently they had where you could collect drops and turn them in for items. So they usually have something going on which is nice because you don't see many free to play games always having events / frequently updating. This is why most people don't mind dropping $5 on a stash or buying some other things.

For instance, I save myself the trouble of worrying if I'll have enough splinters for a new hero/team-up so I just buy the bundles when they are on sale. The hero stash tab and extra costume are nice. Granted I have like 1700 splinters at the moment so I might buy the last 5 heroes I need or start buying ultimate upgrades if I could decide who I like more. Iron Man I enjoy and Storm is ok but both are squishy. Then I have Moon Knight, Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange that I'm considering. Too many choices! ><

Also, don't forget if you buy a Hero Stash (or get one from a bundle) you can also store Uru's, Rings and Insignias in there that aren't bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has it changed at all? What I mean is can you still get characters/skins without ever needing to spend a dime? I remember back in their early days of development they said you had the choice between buying the characters/skins or earning them through playing, albeit a little slower.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    So has it changed at all? What I mean is can you still get characters/skins without ever needing to spend a dime? I remember back in their early days of development they said you had the choice between buying the characters/skins or earning them through playing, albeit a little slower.
    The only change to champions from beta is that they don't drop via tokens anymore but you have to earn Eternity Shard via gameplay. Either risk the random hero box or save up for a specific character.

Skins are VERY rare to drop unless you prestige to get them, otherwise you're going to have a buy them if you want to change.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    As Asur mentioned, hero tokens no longer drop (and thankfully). Instead you get Eternity Splinters roughly every 8 minutes. You then turn them in for the following:

• 175 Random Hero Box (Could contain any hero)
    • 200 Cost Heroes
    • 400 Cost Heroes
    • 600 Cost Heroes

So if you don't want to buy hero's then you can spend a few days grinding splinters. There's also a new thing called the Login Rewards where some days will give you 10 Eternity Splinters. So far if you play for 100 days then they start offering Random Hero Boxes.

As for Costumes they are still a drop mainly because that's a source of money for them to keep the game going. The drops are rare, but at the same time they also do sales like 25% off costumes or BoGo (Buy One Get One Random Free). So if you wanted a certain one you could do that. Also, if you prestige a character, level it to 60 and then restart back at 1, you get another default costume and then after that you can use 3 costumes on the crafter and it crafts a random hero as well.

Hope that helps!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing it again this weekend (for the first time since it was barely out of beta), it's more entertaining now than I remember it being back then. Also a lot of long-term goals (Omega points, Synergies, legendaries, etc) but I dunno how far I'll get with all that.

I do kind of wish I had Ms. Marvel's Captain Marvel costume, since I like that one more than the default, but it could've been worse.

PS. Egads, Midtown Patrol is like a constant explosion of loot.

Also keep an eye out for codes, i got a free random hero because of SDCC. Havent checked what it is yet.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Also keep an eye out for codes, i got a free random hero because of SDCC. Havent checked what it is yet.
    Here is this weekend's code: GUARDIANS

Just make sure once you get a code you enter it in as they are only good for a few days. Also, here is a good site to check out for codes as they update pretty quickly. You can also subscribe to their email newsletters which usually contains the weekend code.

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Started playing it again this weekend (for the first time since it was barely out of beta), it's more entertaining now than I remember it being back then. Also a lot of long-term goals (Omega points, Synergies, legendaries, etc) but I dunno how far I'll get with all that.

I do kind of wish I had Ms. Marvel's Captain Marvel costume, since I like that one more than the default, but it could've been worse.

PS. Egads, Midtown Patrol is like a constant explosion of loot.
    If you played Beta/Launch and playing it now you'll notice it's almost a brand new game. The performance is better and the drop system/hero obtain system is a lot better I think. As for the costume if you feel like spending money they are having a BoGo till Monday so you can buy that one and get one random one free.

Right now everything is buffed 50% SiF (Special Item Find), RiF (Rare Item Find), XP bonus on the server side so it won't display on your stat sheet. Also yea, they buffed the bosses in Midtown to drop more loot because when there wasn't an event there you'd only get like 3-4 items so they noticed it felt underwhelming because an event would result in 3x-4x loot so it was a big explosion.

Overall, as you mentioned it's a lot better since launch.

I dont know if this still works, i dont have Ironman.

Gets you Heartbreaker for Ironman IM3HRTBREAKER

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Is it possible to do all content and get best items etc in this game solo or do you need to group up?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Is it possible to do all content and get best items etc in this game solo or do you need to group up?
    You can solo if you want as the drops are all the same. Just some content has a higher drop chance. There's X-Defense where you are "grouped" but don't need a group as well as Holo-Sim. You can queue solo and say don't find other players, but it's harder. The system will also group through and find people for you. Those have a decent drop rate.

Then there are Cosmic Terminals where you can solo, but the system has it checked in the menu to find other players if they are in there. So if you leave it checked sometimes you'll get a person or two in your group. But you can also disable it.

There's also the raid they just released (haven't tried it) and I think a few uniques are exclusive to it. Though they just released an upgrade system where you can get items from the daily shared quest (once per day) and some daily login bonuses. They are also adding more solo ways of getting.

So there are plenty of ways to get geared solo'ing or you can use the system and it autogroups you, but you aren't in a party so you don't have party chat going or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    I dont know if this still works, i dont have Ironman.

Gets you Heartbreaker for Ironman IM3HRTBREAKER
    Think it expired last month when they added Heartbreaker to the store. I managed to redeem it earlier so I didn't have to get it.

Sounds good, any tips on what Hero I should start as?