Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    how about fixing the serious lag ?:P
    You do realize that's a large part of the reason for having a large open beta before launch right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You do realize that's a large part of the reason for having a large open beta before launch right?
    You do realize that I already realized that long before you told me to realize it, right? Of course you do, you just wanted to express an even emptier statement than the one I expressed.

Bottomline is, lag doesn't get solved by going into open beta, it gets solved by adding more servers. As far as I'm aware, this is the last open beta weekend. Open Beta. Not closed beta. Is it that strange to wonder when it will get solved?

Rhetorically speaking obviously.

You do realize that I already realized that long before you told me to realize it, right? Of course you do, you just wanted to express an even emptier statement than the one I expressed.

Bottomline is, lag doesn't get solved by going into open beta, it gets solved by adding more servers. As far as I'm aware, this is the last open beta weekend. Open Beta. Not closed beta. Is it that strange to wonder when it will get solved?

You obviously don't realize it since you're commenting on it. Open betas before launch are always stress tests to determine what needs to be done to reduce lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    was tempted to try the steam free weekend but i just couldnt be bothered to make yet another game account

You obviously don't realize it since you're commenting on it. Open betas before launch are always stress tests to determine what needs to be done to reduce lag.
    No, what you fail to understand is that it's called irony and not directly linked to any actual desire or expectation. It simply lags and needs to be fixed. Whatever phase we are in, is irrelevant. Whether it happens is irrelevant. Stating that it lags, is nothing other than truth and quite extremely so. The fact that I realize how beta's are handled doesn't mean I can't comment on the lag, even though you believe that to be the case.

Beta's have been handled like this for decades, I don't see how you can even begin to expect to be the "messiah of beta".

No, what you fail to understand is that it's called irony and not directly linked to any actual desire or expectation. It simply lags and needs to be fixed. Whatever phase we are in, is irrelevant. Whether it happens is irrelevant. Stating that it lags, is nothing other than truth and quite extremely so. The fact that I realize how beta's are handled doesn't mean I can't comment on the lag, even though you believe that to be the case.

Beta's have been handled like this for decades, I don't see how you can even begin to expect to be the "messiah of beta".
    I'm not sure what you're talking about with the "messiah of beta". You're the one saying that they need to get rid of the lag like that isn't the whole point of having a stress test. My point is that's an obvious statement like "The sky is blue" or "Grass is green."

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the "messiah of beta". You're the one saying that they need to get rid of the lag like that isn't the whole point of having a stress test. My point is that's an obvious statement like "The sky is blue" or "Grass is green."
    And finally you have gotten to the core. Fix the lag, the sky is blue. I'm happy you understood. They are both "duh". Now all that remains is for you to scroll back one page and read how someone comments that currently, the abilities are its primary glaring issue and how I comment that; no actually the lag is currently its primary glaring issue.

Beta or no beta, lag can happen, my comment wasn't meant in the most serious of serious faces. It's an issue, they will fix it, but my comment was an ironical response to how serious the issues with abilities are and since I just spent the last 4 hours hardly seeing my abilities, or opponents for that matter, it's quite obvious the lag should have their attention first. That is what it implies, but as I said, hardly serious.

Anyone else getting this message when you attempt to log in via the steam client for Marvel Heroes,

"Sorry, we couldn't log you in. Please try again later."

Edit: Nevermind, found my own answer. Apparently it is limited access. *shrug*
    Last edited by Gigapants; 2013-05-12 at 03:30 AM.

Open beta has been extended until tomorrow (Tuesday) due to connection issues they had during the weekend.
    I'm still thinking about it...

This games great. I dont get why so many people are complaining but it is beta weekend and lag is part of it. If this happens during launch then you can.

Anyways loved the game so far. Tons of characters/World events/crafting system is great and its a MMO with constant updates.

Endgame patch out this week so lets see how that looks. If thats any good then this games going to quite possible the best arpg game.

how about fixing the serious lag ?:P
    what lag? get a better computer...

It's a good game. Bought the Human Torch founder pack only to be told later that he won't be in at launch. I'll play it, but I really do hope they fix the lag.

other than the first day, there has been no lag for the rest of the open beta. For me and my friends whom are from all over the US/CA

15+ Year Old Account
    They're on the final major content patch (the endgame patch) and this is what we have right now.

-No Human Torch at launch to add to Emma Frost, Nova, Squirrel Girl, and Luke Cage
    -Maximum level is 60. You will finish the storyline on one playthrough around level 25.
    -End game consists of daily missions, survival challenges (basically think of it as Hyjal style, with waves of mobs on timers and a boss), group challenges (a dungeon that likely cannot be completed solo), and PvP.
    -Doop will randomly appear on maps. If you can find him and defeat him, you will get a random reward.
    -The Stash is now added, in part, to the microtransaction list alongside characters, costumes, and power-ups. However, just like these other items, you can randomly earn Stash tabs from items that drop in-game.
    -Non-combat pets have been added. Only one of the current four is purchase restrictive.
    -There is now a crafting option to add a different look to your current costume. I have not tried this to see what exactly it does, but will do so at some point today (have not had much beta time due to raid schedule).
    -Each hero gets an Ultimate Power at level 30. Most do massive damage, while some are incredibly beneficial to team play and can even revive dead heroes. Ultimate Powers have a 20 minute cooldown.
    -You can form a guild. I will be doing this on release. I have not decided what it will be named yet.
    -You will now get TWO of the five starter heroes. Upon completion of the prologue quest chain, you are rewarded one of the four remaining starters at random. Everyone gets a free alt!

The STASH is getting the biggest attention from the beta players in terms of feedback, as well as balancing of heroes and mobs (of which the latter is addressed by the "purples", or devs).
    Last edited by Fenixdown; 2013-05-17 at 02:32 PM.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been curious, the website says "Marvel Heroes was built from the ground up to be a free-to-play game. Players will be able to get nearly ALL Heroes and Costumes in the game for free, just by playing.", which implies you can't earn *every* hero in-game without paying. Which ones are obtained purely through paying, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I've been curious, the website says "Marvel Heroes was built from the ground up to be a free-to-play game. Players will be able to get nearly ALL Heroes and Costumes in the game for free, just by playing.", which implies you can't earn *every* hero in-game without paying. Which ones are obtained purely through paying, then?
    Founders edition stuff I think.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Founders edition stuff I think.
    The black costume spiderman I believe is one of them (if not the only one).

Fenix, thank you for patch notes.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I'm really concerned about the story only taking you through barely half the game's levels, and them relying on you to re-run a lot of repeated content from there. If they couldn't even take the story that far, maybe they should have either 1) sped up XP, or 2) not have you run 60 levels..

It's especially bad when they dropped this on everyone at the end of beta/right near early access, after they'd already received the large portion of preorders from those who got into free weekends and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The only things that I know of that are obtained only through paying are the three costumes unique to the Ultimate Pack - Symbiote costume for Spider-man, Maestro Hulk costume, and Weapon X costume for Wolverine. All the others can drop in-game, as can a token for any and all heroes in their default costume. There will even be costumes that only drop from enemies/bosses and can't be bought in the store - Hawkeye's Ronin costume, for example.

Fenix - the "different look" addition to the costume are artifacts that add a visual effect of some sort to your current costume like a cloud of mist or a glow, things like that. I've seen three so far - a cloud-like mist, a kind of very slight sparkles effect, and something that made the person's head appear like it was on fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    I'm really concerned about the story only taking you through barely half the game's levels, and them relying on you to re-run a lot of repeated content from there. If they couldn't even take the story that far, maybe they should have either 1) sped up XP, or 2) not have you run 60 levels..

It's especially bad when they dropped this on everyone at the end of beta/right near early access, after they'd already received the large portion of preorders from those who got into free weekends and such.
    No portion of the Diablo series took you to maximum level before completion, either. The repeatable challenges all are higher difficulties and reap higher rewards.

Also, the PvP is sort of AV style, where there are NPC's you need to kill to win while duking it out with each other.

I'm also hoping this patch gives us a clearer indication of what character and costume droprates will look more like in live. In the previous build, characters were dropping like crazy for me. I'm just waiting for the servers to come up.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present