Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

15+ Year Old Account
    After all the leaked footage and people saying its a technical mess on the level of bethesda games, def gonna wait a long time before i play it

Its about cybernetic people, ofcourse there are bugs, its a feature nabs.

10900k + 3080, lets hope its enough for 1080p with RTX.
    -

All the reviews are without the last two patches. We dont know how big the day1 will be, but the other one is 43GB. Call me optimistic but i think 90% of those bug will be solved with these patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    All the reviews are without the last two patches. We dont know how big the day1 will be, but the other one is 43GB. Call me optimistic but i think 90% of those bug will be solved with these patches.
    Sauce on that? Usually if there's a day 1 patch it goes out before the game launches and media are in the loop on it so they can factor changes from the patch into their review. Makes sense why they'd keep media/influencers to broll only if not, but doesn't make sense they'd have reviews go live before launch on an unpatched version of the game >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact people still bum fuck CDPR like they are this holy grail of game development is beyond me.

Meanwhile over at Supergiant.

https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/1...-off-per-year/

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have a stupid question: Does prepayment allow you to also pre-download? Is it possible that downloading will be difficult at launch night?
    I bought it awhile ago and as of today I can preload it, hard to say what launch night will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce on that? Usually if there's a day 1 patch it goes out before the game launches and media are in the loop on it so they can factor changes from the patch into their review. Makes sense why they'd keep media/influencers to broll only if not, but doesn't make sense they'd have reviews go live before launch on an unpatched version of the game >.>
    The 43GB patch went online only recently, so i wouldnt really think the reviewers replayed the dozens hours long game again with it, and they most definitely havent just finished the game and wrote these reviews today. Also, if the day1 patch would be in a state to be issuable already, they would just release it now.

Also source on the patches: https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Meanwhile over at some dev that only makes pleb 2d games that are only 20 hours or less.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, reviewers got a patch (but not the patch we get on day 1) partway through their playthrough. So with the day 1 patch we'll get less bugs/glitches (assuming it doesn't break more than it fixes) but it remains to be seen how much less.

Gamespot gave it a 7 lol.

I'm pretty worried about this game - the leaked footage has not been looking good.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/cyb.../1900-6417622/

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The fact people still bum fuck CDPR like they are this holy grail of game development is beyond me.

https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/1...-off-per-year/
    You know it's bad when your employees taking 20 days off a year is newsworthy.

"There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous
    Superficial and often "edgy" aesthetic choices often have no real purpose, which makes them grating rather than adding anything relevant to the world
    The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive"

So the game isnt woke enough by Gamespot standards..

A few months ago, I was like "This gameplay looks kinda shallow..." and this thread was all like "NO WAY DUDE!"

Maybe. Maybe, MMO Champion Video Game Discussion Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Too many talking about glitches and bugs...this is not good for a game that has been pushed back so often...
    idk what people expect tho, it's not like witcher did not have a LOT of bugs when it was released.
    Open world games in general are often buggy at release...thats why I decided to keep playing shadowlands and other stuff and just wait until we get a GOTY edition with all of the dlcs.
    Did that with witcher 3 and it was the best decision since I had a much improved version of the game, plus dlcs, plus a lot of awesome mods.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair though GOG still takes a store cut from developers. It is just in this case the cut they take is going to the same company that develops Cyberpunk 2077. So it isn't some awesome nice gesture for the developer just using the in-house platform. Still cool to do and will definitely factor in for some.
    So do valve and epic ... Your point is?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    So do valve and epic ... Your point is?
    To emphasis, for those that don't know, that GOG still takes store cuts and it not taking one for this title is because it is in-house. It isn't something special it is just in-house development. And if people are doing it for the "social justice" aspect of giving the developers a bigger cut then the store cut might not figure in to that count
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    To be fair, it's likely I got way more quality playtime out of Hades than I will (would) out of yet another game promising "open world adventure!" or whatever.

Smaller budgets and less flashy graphics and whatnot, sure. But they still make quality stuff.
    And I've gotten way more quality playtime out of even unfinished open world survival/adventure games than I have out of polished gimmicky 2d stuff. It's all just preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Smaller budgets and less flashy graphics and whatnot, sure. But they still make quality stuff.
    Yeah, it was really just a jab at ease of development and small-time companies delivering a very specific product that isn't super ambitions, but well executed. I can appreciate that their intended market loves them to death and that they've done well because of it. I just hate that particular genre/style.

CDPR is probably the best AAA game maker we have with the least amount of missteps and the least predatory pricing practices. FROMSOFTWARE is also really good IMO.

bethesda, bioware, blizzard (I'm seeing a trend here) can all go fuck themselves.

I've gotten 500+ hours out of every single player open world RPG that is worth a damn fwiw. Fallout series/Skyrim/Dank Souls series.