Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame the game isn't working correctly on the main consoles they were advertised for. Guess the Witcher 3 success went over the devs head or something. Game's all propaganda, the substance simply isn't on par.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Oddly enough the best way to play the game is Google Stadia, over PC or console.
    Google needed a win for Stadia and it looks like they got one.
    Oh ye, because anyone even remembers this dead-on-arrival thing. Such win indeed.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Well that would depend on the retailer. Restock fees exist. And I have returned many games for a full refund. Far more than I ever have for hardware.
    Outside of Steam? Yeah right dude

And Steam only offers it because they were sued in Europe over not offering refunds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Despite they released a broken product and pride themselves on crunching their workers to death.
    Didn't hear anything about being proud (in contrary to like, Rockstar).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think it is just terrible. Unarmed combat is just weird in the game. At least for some of the quests like the cyber psychos you can use the mod that makes all attacks non-lethal so you don't have to box. A lot easier to unload with a machine gun (I have one that removes horizontal recoil so its easy to stay on target if I aim low to account for the vertical movement) that way because you get a lot of attacks in a short period of time. Even the ones that have the super speed are easy because they pause to recharge every once in a while.
    Yeah, I never even tried to do melee outside of the boxing, my first toon is a shooty guy. Glad I'm not the only one who finds it clunky though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

CDPR shouldn't. If you go to the PSN store and look at the Cyberpunk 2077 entry. The video footage of the gameplay isn't from the PS4, it's from the PC and no where in the ad does it state that.

Heck even every single video game journalist has stated the game is completely broken on the consoles and unplayable.

i am just disappointed. I also laugh because how many times did it get delayed and it still released in a crap state.

honest it probably would have been smarter to delay it until 2021.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know what else didn't get reviewed until release day? The entire generation of PC hardware that just got released. That doesn't really mean much of anything beyond that's when they set their embargo for. The game may not be all that well optimized for last gen consoles, but if it runs on them(even at low quality) that's all that was advertised.
    What happened here is more like if Nvidia sent a graphics card to a tech site to publish previews, but then prohibited them from publishing benchmarks with the card actually in use.

When an embargo specifically prohibits reviewers from using footage from the game they captured themselves, it's because they have something to hide, and lo and behold, it runs like ass when not on PC or the console generation after the one it was designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So demanding it looks far worse then other last gen games like GoT, TLOU2 or RDR2 that are mostly a locked 30 fps on those systems. There is nothing special about this game graphically on those systems to have such terrible performance on them.
    I don't think those are fair comparisons, because 2077 has to cram a lot more into a smaller space.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am just disappointed. I also laugh because how many times did it get delayed and it still released in a crap state.

honest it probably would have been smarter to delay it until 2021.
    Exactly, they should of just cancelled the PS4/XBone versions and just held off till next year to release the PS5/XSX versions instead.

But they gave into greed and misled the public for the Xmas sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, they should of just cancelled the PS4/XBone versions and just held off till next year to release the PS5/XSX versions instead.

Or for some complete other reason, not every person that coded this game is an evil greedy monster. @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

and now you have lost me.
    they should have just cancelled the game completely and taken a hard loss.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. But that is true for consoles as well. We even have consoles released last generation that had a little newer hardware then the base. But it doesn't matter if you can upgrade a PC or not because it still has minimum requirements from 2013. So why is it that it is acceptable for that 2013 computer to barely run the game but it is unacceptable for a 2013 console to barely run the game?

This isn't taking blame away from CDPR since they made certain statements in press coverage that made it seem like it wouldn't be an issue. But there always seems to be this expectation from console games that they will run perfectly no matter what simple because it is a a console game. And that if the same thing were to happen on PC perfect performance isn't expected because people have the view you are stating of "PC's can be upgraded".

So of course a game that pushes the boundaries of the hardware won't run perfectly console or PC. Just because you can't upgrade a console doesn't magically change the limitations of the hardware. Which is why they can "brute force" better performance on current gen consoles prior to the real release for those consoles. Because better hardware allows better performance regardless of what platform.
    I'll have one more try but I think you may be unable to grasp this so I'll let it go.

Imagine that a game has been hyped up for ages and the developer has released the recommended specs for the PC version. You have the recommended specs in your rig and are looking forward to playing, but when you get the game it runs horribly despite you having the exact components that were recommended. You then find out to run it properly you need to buy some brand new parts that will cost £500 and that their version of "recommended specs" is that bare minimum.

That's the situation old gen consoles owners are in at the moment. They were told the game was coming for their system, they were given an expectation the game would be decent on their system but then found out it was severely substandard on their system - the system with the recommended configuration for this version of the game - and to run it decently they need to spend nearly £500 on an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

There is one humongous difference. With consoles the developer knows exactly what hardware they are dealing with so if they want to release a decent product that version of the game should be optimised for that hardware. If they release a game that runs like crap on the system it should be optimised for then it is a shit product.
    The hardware is YEARS old. No amount of magic is going to make that as good a s a brand new PC.
    Deal with it and buy a new system.

The product is not shit, your hardware is.

and now you have lost me.
    they should have just cancelled the game completely and taken a hard loss.
    Not cancel the game completely, just the PS4 and XBone versions of the game since the older consoles can't run it in a playable state.

They should of just released the PC version of the game for now. Then release the PS5 and XSX versions when they're ready.

Outside of Steam? Yeah right dude

And Steam only offers it because they were sued in Europe over not offering refunds.
    EA were offering refunds long before Steam did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The hardware is YEARS old. No amount of magic is going to make that as good a s a brand new PC.

It isn't the fault of users that CDPR willingly put out a version of their game on a system that can't handle it properly, instead of aiming that effort towards getting the PS5/Series X specific versions out earlier.

The product is shit alongside the hardware being shit.

Cyberpunk was teased and advertised AND in development before PS4 and Xbox were even released, they had so many years to do it right yet GTA 5 on freaking Xbox 360 runs better and LOOKS just the same. If you don't have the know how to actually have a game properly stream textures on the consoles despite it's limitation, you dont deserve it even sell it in the store.

Why can TLOU2, RDR and GTA 5 run on the current hardware and look better, but CDPR has to "hide" their embarassment and not deliver review copies because it's utter garbage.

"Yeah but it's still technically playable so you're just stupid for playing it on a older system"
    So what is the breaking point? 2 fps? 1 fps? picture book page turning? Technically the game is still running
    Last edited by Radisss; 2020-12-12 at 08:14 PM.

Not cancel the game completely, just the PS4 and XBone versions of the game since the older consoles can't run it in a playable state.

They should of just released the PC version of the game for now. Then release the PS5 and XSX versions when they're ready.
    no cancel the whole game.
    or do you want to buy everyone a good pc or next gen console?

If a product says "this is designed to run on the PlayStation 4" but runs like shit on the PlayStation 4 then it is a shit product.

If they didn't want to release a shit product they should have put in the work to make it run decently on the PS4 or scrapped that version and only released it on new-gen consoles.

no cancel the whole game.
    Sounds awful, means I wouldn't be able to play it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found