Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Last I checked I didn't randomly t-pose when drinking a Pepsi.
    That can happen in any game, and likely has. I have not seen it in CP 2077 though.

You can get away with over the top marketing when your product actually works
    Doesn't seem to fit the marketing though- it's not, Pepsi the taste of realistic animations.

So is it indeed the taste of a new generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The post you linked is word for word what I said to a friend of mine after that first "quest mission" trailer they released a while back. Just out of curiosity and only for the purpose of a friendly exchange, what is it to you that makes it shallow and pedan... no hold on that's family guy... shallow and simplistic.
    I wrote that a while ago and it was based on the impression I got from the video CDPR was releasing at the time.

Now 25.5 hours into the actual game, it's a bit generic really. I would say there are some interesting builds possible and I like the overall framework of character in the game. But none of it matters so far- stealth, guns blazing, dialogue choices, handling a job one way or another. It all seems to end up the same with no real consequence to any of it at all so far.

A lot of it is a pain in the ass really. Trying to quick hack, stealth through areas, do things non-lethal. It's all more work than spray & pray and so far pumping lead across these streets is highly profitable. I am loaded and super-rich just because I destroyed everything and looted it all.

As with many other games; I shoot stuff, collect the BITS O' SCRAP, and go from checkpoint to checkpoint. Pretty ho-hum all in all.

I like the story and think many of the main characters are interesting so far. The world looks cool. The soundtrack and sound design are 10/10; one of the best I ever heard in a game.

There isn't much consequence to your actions, build, or choices, however. It's a role-playing game in the sense there are stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That can happen in any game, and likely has. I have not seen it in CP 2077 though.

Doesn't seem to fit the marketing though- it's not, Pepsi the taste of realistic animations.

So is it indeed the taste of a new generation?

I wrote that a while ago and it was based on the impression I got from the video CDPR was releasing at the time.

Now 25.5 hours into the actual game, it's a bit generic really. I would say there are some interesting builds possible and I like the overall framework of character in the game. But none of it matters so far- stealth, guns blazing, dialogue choices, handling a job one way or another. It all seems to end up the same with no real consequence to any of it at all so far.

A lot of it is a pain in the ass really. Trying to quick hack, stealth through areas, do things non-lethal. It's all more work than spray & pray and so far pumping lead across these streets is highly profitable. I am loaded and super-rich just because I destroyed everything and looted it all.

As with many other games; I shoot stuff, collect the BITS O' SCRAP, and go from checkpoint to checkpoint. Pretty ho-hum all in all.

I like the story and think many of the main characters are interesting so far. The world looks cool. The soundtrack and sound design are 10/10; one of the best I ever heard in a game.

There isn't much consequence to your actions, build, or choices, however. It's a role-playing game in the sense there are stats.
    How disingenuous can you get. The t-pose bug is widely reported issue so because you haven't experienced it what I said isn't valid? Even the developers themselves are not denying these issues like you seem to be

And taste of a genetion is clearly a slogan. Taste is literally subjective what is your point

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it won't be forgotten don't be silly.
    Well it's not really "redefining The way we see open world adventures" that's for sure.

I can forgive bugs. I can't forgive terrible AI, and Cyberpunk AI is actually trash tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    If you have a pc that can run it, why wouldn't you get it for pc in the first place?
    I have a shiny new PS5 that I want to get use out of and I prefer gaming on console when I can.

How disingenuous can you get. The t-pose bug is widely reported issue so because you haven't experienced it what I said isn't valid? Even the developers themselves are not denying these issues like you seem to be

And taste of a genetion is clearly a slogan. Taste is literally subjective what is your point
    You're right in saying there's a difference between "this game will change the way you see Open World Adventures" and "taste of a generation". Cyberpunk's claim is very specific.

You're right in saying there's a difference between "this game will change the way you see Open World Adventures" and "taste of a generation". Cyberpunk's claim is very specific.
    Also the irony of using Pepsi as an example who were rightfully grilled over insensitive marketing in recent years

Come on guys, pretty lame you're suggesting throwing more money at it to fix the problem. That is what they call the sunk cost fallacy.

Lets see how they handle changes first before talking about more money.

Im hoping to finish off my run in 2021 when they have the game of the year (lol.) edition that has all the changes we can only dream happen with errors of this scale.
    Im getting only minor graphical issues and only ever 1 crash with over 20hours played, the game runs great on my 5 year old PC and i have a friend with a 3080 and has it running great also. This game is leagues above GTA games and their previous games the witcher.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im getting only minor graphical issues and only ever 1 crash with over 20hours played, the game runs great on my 5 year old PC and i have a friend with a 3080 and has it running great also. This game is leagues above GTA games and their previous games the witcher.
    GTA 5 came out in 2013 so you would surely hope so. And I dont even agree with that because of the amount of millions of hours people played online and its one of the most successful games of all time.

And if you wanna compare it to red dead redemption 2 it doesnt even come close to licking Arthur's sweaty leather boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Please tell me we get the option to consistently tell Johnny Silverhand to get lost?

I can't stand him so far. The only reason I bought the game was because it fooled me into thinking I'd be able to play a ruthless, efficient corpo loyalist who was content with the status quo and wanted to get ahead at any cost. With a touch of 'jerk with a heart of gold' to ensure that my V wasn't straight up evil. If I'd known we'd effectively be forced to play a street rat and help a terrorist, I wouldn't have bought the game.

Do I get the ability to side with Arasaka or am I railroaded into opposing them?
    Yeah you do. Silverhand is an ass, and the game knows it. He has a sort of character arc and gets a bit better, but his Arasaka vendetta doesn't go away. V can constantly tell him to fuck off and even gets pills to shut him up. You don't really get to work 'with' the corps, since Corpo V is exiled in his prologue. You can help out individuals within the corps, which Silverhand constantly tells you not to, and you can of course tell him to shove it. And one of the game's endings involves trusting a big Arasaka exec to help you with your chip.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly one of my favorite story 'twists' is that Silverhand's memories are sort of realistic in the fact that it is from HIS perspective, and he might not remember things 100% accurately. Meaning that all the memories where he storms Arasaka blasting corpo soldiers with thousands of damage is just his ego showing.

GTA 5 came out in 2013 so you would surely hope so. And I dont even agree with that because of the amount of millions of hours people played online and its one of the most successful games of all time.

And if you wanna compare it to red dead redemption 2 it doesnt even come close to licking Arthur's sweaty leather boots.
    Im talking about story, the RDR2 story is boring tbh i cant even be bothered to get past 24% and i bought the game on release, at least cyberpunk makes many of the side missions actually interesting little bits of extra story.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

not sure if posted, use at your own risk

https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk

"This plugin fixes some Cyberpunk 2077 issues."

Configuration

All configurations are booleans, setting to true means that you enable the patch!

avx: Some people encounter a crash due to AVX, if you encounter the crash, set this to true. (default: false)

smt: This fixes a bug with AMD CPUs causing the game to use only half the CPU. (default: true)

spectre: Spectre is a hardware security flaw that can leak a process' memory, the mitigation for spectre has a performance impact. The mitigation doesn't make sense for a game, a spectre exploit is very hard to pull off and there is nothing in Cyberpunk's memory that is sensitive. This patch removes part of the mitigation to get back that lost performance. (default: true).

virtual_input: Not performance related, fixes the input so you can use Steam controllers. (default: true)

memory_pool: This will override the default memory pool settings, it gives a decent boost of performance for some users and none for others. (default: true)

unlock_menu: Unlocks the debug menu, use at your own risk! (default: false)

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I can forgive bugs. I can't forgive terrible AI, and Cyberpunk AI is actually trash tier.
    That's really my only complaint about the game, the AI. The game is still incredibly fun, and it's so many games strung together that it's not that surprising that one part fell flat on its face.

Im talking about story, the RDR2 story is boring tbh i cant even be bothered to get past 24% and i bought the game on release, at least cyberpunk makes many of the side missions actually interesting little bits of extra story.
    Well i cant comment on story because I havent completed cyberpunk yet. You may be right, the story of RDR2 is rather straight forward. But the characters of RDR2 are far more interesting. Arthur > V by a LONG shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Yeah you do. Silverhand is an ass, and the game knows it. He has a sort of character arc and gets a bit better, but his Arasaka vendetta doesn't go away. V can constantly tell him to fuck off and even gets pills to shut him up. You don't really get to work 'with' the corps, since Corpo V is exiled in his prologue. You can help out individuals within the corps, which Silverhand constantly tells you not to, and you can of course tell him to shove it. And one of the game's endings involves trusting a big Arasaka exec to help you with your chip.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly one of my favorite story 'twists' is that Silverhand's memories are sort of realistic in the fact that it is from HIS perspective, and he might not remember things 100% accurately. Meaning that all the memories where he storms Arasaka blasting corpo soldiers with thousands of damage is just his ego showing.
    Oh, thanks. That encourages me to push on, then!

If you're on PC make sure you change the memory allocations file, got like 50+ fps out of that trick.

Runs fantastic on my Series S.

Sorry to old gen plebs.

Agree, I've forced myself to play RDR2 many times because it is a really well made game, great world, but the story is so fuckin boring. Loving the main quests and most side quests in Cyberpunk so far.

10+ Year Old Account

"Ok kids, remember where we parked."
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well it's not really "redefining The way we see open world adventures" that's for sure.
    From my perspective, I'd have to strongly disagree.

The nuance and detail in the open world design in this game is leaps and bounds anything else I've seen and played - that includes anything Rockstar has produced. The attention to detail, the world-building, the outstanding characters. This game was like a book I couldn't put down. Poured 60 hours into this game already since release and am already playing through it again.