Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am wondering if some achievements are bugged on Steam. I did the detonate grenade achievement so many times on my Street Kid and never got the achievement. But when I did it once on my Corpo I immediately got the achievement.
    Quite possibly, it seems that "all activities" achiev in pacifica is bugged for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Be kind of curious what their first major DLC is going to be, just some random new type of stuff or are they going to at some point let you play out what happens after doing The Stars ending which is the only ending worth a shit
    A speculation I have seen is that each major DLC/expansion will focus on a different character each that comes from one of the 3 different backgrounds (in other words, no more V). It might be wishful thinking of people on the internet, but it would make sense imo. For the minor DLCs, ideally they will enhance and flesh out some of the systems they have in place, along with a few quests with some of the more interesting secondary characters. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the max amount of mod slots you have seen on legendary gear? It's four for me, on inner and outer torso. I'm curious as to if four is max for all slots or just those two. I'm trying to craft the legendary version of Johnny's shoes, but after more than a dozen reloads I can't get higher than two slots.
    Four. I think that is the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    A speculation I have seen is that each major DLC/expansion will focus on a different character each that comes from one of the 3 different backgrounds (in other words, no more V). It might be wishful thinking of people on the internet, but it would make sense imo. For the minor DLCs, ideally they will enhance and flesh out some of the systems they have in place, along with a few quests with some of the more interesting secondary characters. Time will tell I guess.
    They need to fix most of the issues with game first before releasing the DLC.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Just reached the ending. Technical issues aside, it's a solid game. Not nearly as good as I had hoped though. Can't even be bothered to start a 2nd playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Requiring you to select a specific ending to play a DLC doesn't seem like something that is likely, and given how different the endings are I would wager any new DLC will be more things to do before said endings, I'd expect more side-quests of panams level.
    Well, they could always do what Fallout 3 did and change the endings. Maybe the DLC involve V tracking down new leads to help with his problem, and this time they actually CAN help, and clearing the DLC means you can choose an ending that lets you play after the main story.

Yeah, it's a solid 3/5 for me. I don't regret the money I spent on it, but it's a shadow of what was promised. Considering CDPR is a big company now I don't think we'll see a No Man's Sky type scenario. They don't really care about their customer anymore like, for example, prothesiswriter.com does. It's a shame, but what can you do, eh?
    Last edited by FKemp; 2021-01-05 at 03:43 AM.

If Cyberpunk went the route of No Man's Sky, it would be tremendous. NMS received some of the best and most expansive updates of any game I have seen. They made a ho-hum barebones game into a phenomenal work post-launch and there is no reason CDPR could not do the same with Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Fallout, skyrim, dous sex and other gaems feels like chinese bootlegs of CP2077
    bruh, dex is sick
    Last edited by metzger84; 2021-01-02 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    bruh
    Cyberpunk 2077 sadly lacks any compelling Moves/ and Takedowns like other games. In Deus Ex it matters if you kill or go non-lethal, there's absolutely reason to go non-lethal or Lethal in CP2077.

Comparing Deus Ex to CP2077 shows how underdeveloped and half-baked CP2077 is and how underrated Deus Ex Mankind Divided was.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 sadly lacks any compelling Moves/ and Takedowns like other games. In Deus Ex it matters if you kill or go non-lethal, there's absolutely reason to go non-lethal or Lethal in CP2077.

Comparing Deus Ex to CP2077 shows how underdeveloped and half-baked CP2077 is and how underrated Deus Ex Mankind Divided was.
    I also "love" how when you complete Cyberpsychos the quest-giver tells you to use non-lethal, but it doesn't even matter since I just sniped them in the head with my very non-non-lethal sniper rifle and they lost consciousness instead of dying. But who knows, maybe it was one of the many bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by FKemp View Post
    I also "love" how when you complete Cyberpsychos the quest-giver tells you to use non-lethal, but it doesn't even matter since I just sniped them in the head with my very non-non-lethal sniper rifle and they lost consciousness instead of dying. But who knows, maybe it was one of the many bugs.
    I'm not entirely certain how the system works but I've ones shotted base thugs with gorilla arms to full death, you can see if you downed someone non lethally by looking at their body and see a red cross hair which means they are still alive.

My guess is that enemies have a double health bar, one normal and one after they are defeated non lethal does reduced damage to the latter but you can still kill them, while lethal weapons do full dmg to both (and any limb loss is instant death). Psychos due to how the quest wants them all alive seemingly has a very big second health bar allowing even lethal weapons to be non lethal unless you maybe run around with 500k damage comrade pistol.

no doubt
    /chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 is an amazing plot buried in a half assed game.

About the endings: I'm kinda bummed that every ending, besides gun suicide one, doesn't have the original V going through it anymore.

Alt tells you straight up that the engrams are just copies and that the Soul Killer does exactly what the name implies, it permanently destroys the original. Even when they talk about putting V back into his body, it is just a copy. All the conversations with Alt and Johnny during the endings happen to the newly copied V. The real V is dead at that point.

I would have liked an ending where V acknowledges this.
    I wasn't in love with the ending I got either (Arasaka). The whole post-intro game sends you chasing a way to save V's life and then 50, 60, etc hours later you get to the end and its like 'oh by the way, you can't actually save V's life. Sorry!'

Enjoyed the game despite the bugs and quirks (both of which are plentiful) but the endings sucked IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Enjoyed the game despite the bugs and quirks (both of which are plentiful) but the endings sucked IMO.
    i'm with you there, finished the game a few hours ago, and to say that the ending left a bitter taste in my mouth would be an understatement. still enjoyed the ride, especially the (mostly) witty writing and characters. there were some legit laugh-out-loud moments. if the game didn't have that going for it, i probably wouldn't have finished it, cause the rest of the game is kinda basic, as people have already mentioned. what i didn't like the most was the illusion of choice. that and not being able to "jack into" judy as male v
    Last edited by metzger84; 2021-01-02 at 11:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FKemp View Post
    Do you have the non-lethal mod? There is one for gun and one you can get at a ripper that is universal. The only draw back is smart bullets prefer limbs over headshots but it doesn't actually matter if you get a head shot or not. Some quests seem to still kill if it is scripted that way though and there was one where I guess "don't kill them" from a monk really was "use stealth" rather then non-lethal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

While it rarely matters there are some cases like the cyberpsycho missions where it's part of the objective. Deus Ex for example has the really patronizing pg13 attitude that it condems any killing at all (similar for dishonored, sometimes more directly, sometimes more indirectly), except for the boss fights where they forgot about that. The same would just be laughable in CP2077 considering the setting and how little a human life is worth. Though personally I would find it nice if there were more reactions to the way you solve missions, not to mention more differentiation between stealthy and full on ghost gameplay.

I know you can do many of the hit job side quests by knocking the target out and extracting them via car's trunk, but it would also be nice if you could neutralize a whole area and get the police to clean up the now empty gang hideout. Sadly that is the part where they clearly didn't finish the game, as it's clear that stuff like the various net news could have been used to get more after-the-fact perspectives of the public in regards to your characters actions. The game lacks in this regard in general, as you can't really role play your character at all. Even in the witcher games you could make way more character descisions for Geralt (a firmly defined character) than you can actually do in CP2077 (a nobody with flexible backstory), which is a crying shame, as I kinda had hoped I could RP as a stone cold professional, but sadly V seems to always remain a street kid (even with corpo background) with a fixed personality. I would have traded in the shlong length option (and all the other sex specific sliders) for something as basic as the Dragon Age dialogue options. It's not like you can see or utlize them outside of the menues anyway (the chest slider actually always gets set to "default" when wearing clothes, making it utterly pointless unless you oggle the character naked in the menus), they should have scrapped that nonsense feature if they don't want to commit to it and just write 2-3 more lines for some interactions...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm pretty sure the cyberpsychosis bosses are scripted to pass out after their health hits 0. I certainly do not use non-lethal weapons and generally "execute" them with Synapse Burnout when their health is low. They don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you have the non-lethal mod? There is one for gun and one you can get at a ripper that is universal. The only draw back is smart bullets prefer limbs over headshots but it doesn't actually matter if you get a head shot or not. Some quests seem to still kill if it is scripted that way though and there was one where I guess "don't kill them" from a monk really was "use stealth" rather then non-lethal.
    The monk one requires you to pick a certain option at the first monk. I had issues with that just today, because I took them out via choking (and confirmed that all 5 were alive and writing in pain) yet the monk would always blow up in my face (wish I could have hit him as well tbh..). Tried it a couple of times but always the same result. Loaded an earlier save and picked the first option that sounded the least agressive and then it suddenly worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I'm pretty sure the cyberpsychosis bosses are scripted to pass out after their health hits 0. I certainly do not use non-lethal weapons and generally "execute" them with Synapse Burnout when their health is low. They don't die.
    Man, if I had know that then I would have saved myself soo much trouble .
    But then you also had to go out of you way to kill the shady fatso during Judy's mission, because he would always end up as scriped unconcous, even if he blew his own brain out.

Doesn't surprise me though. Hiding an unconcious boldy also counts as a kill for some reason. The system has alot of issues.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I killed every cyberpscho I fought and Regina was pissed at me for doing so. But it made no difference as far as I could tell if I beat them unconscious or ripped them apart with a submachine gun.