Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 is definately a very divisive game but i think we can agree on one thing - PonPon Shit is the best song.
    Assuming that is that weird Japanese song? Nah I insta-change that one. Annoying high pitched voices aren't my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i made a refund on GOG like 3 weeks ago already. it stuck halfway after they asked some things and its quiet now. anyone have a same problem?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In world where with one click you can SEE someone playing, video game reviews are a relict.
    This is a misunderstanding of the point of review and the legacy of how the gaming press has viewed and used critical reviews borrowed from other mediums to apply to video games.

Reviews are not intended to be a consumer recommendation engine. That is corruption.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-01-06 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Assuming that is that weird Japanese song? Nah I insta-change that one. Annoying high pitched voices aren't my thing.
    Kind of the opposite for me. Every time I get in a car, I flip to that station to see if it is on, if it isn't I switch away. Shame that station is garbage EXCEPT for PonPon Shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all the blue events on the map/ gigs before doing the main story... followed it up to the point where the floats are and you get the 3 snipers...after that i just skipped every bit of talking from there to the end as i realised nothing i did made any difference to the story just to get it over and make the 50 previous hours of side stuff worth while...

Never done that in an RPG before...even loved mass effect andromida and listened to every conversation and read everything....this however just was dull and it didn't give me any reason what so ever to even try to put effort in.

Welp, after 96 hours of gameplay I have finally hit the "point of no return" end sequence of missions, and I'm not sure if I should start it up. I've done every side quest, gig, and police thing in the game... except Delamain, because Delamain is bugged. Two Delamains appear in the video window when he calls to alert me about a car, he no longer picks up my phone calls to him, and trying to turn in any of his cars results in an even bigger phone bug that makes the game borderline unplayable until I bang a joytoy (no joke). But... I'd really like to go into that last main mission with everything complete. Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Welp, after 96 hours of gameplay I have finally hit the "point of no return" end sequence of missions, and I'm not sure if I should start it up. I've done every side quest, gig, and police thing in the game... except Delamain, because Delamain is bugged. Two Delamains appear in the video window when he calls to alert me about a car, he no longer picks up my phone calls to him, and trying to turn in any of his cars results in an even bigger phone bug that makes the game borderline unplayable until I bang a joytoy (no joke). But... I'd really like to go into that last main mission with everything complete. Damn it.
    If it helps at all, when you beat the game they return you right at the point before you walk into Embers. So you can continue to play after seeing the ending. You even get a little bonus after going through the ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    after that i just skipped every bit of talking from there to the end as i realised nothing i did made any difference to the story just to get it over and make the 50 previous hours of side stuff worth while...
    IT matters in your relationship with Johnny but after that mission is the series of main mission is where your choices start to determine the ending actually. So you started skipping the parts that matter.

Most of it doesn't up till you finish the parade mission and fight you-know-who.

The only issue so far, and probably biggest one is this ridiculously overpowered sniper rifle. overwatch / SPT32 GRAD it's so ridiculously overpowered that makes literally all other weapons combined - a trash.

Don't read this if you didn't know before
    It penetrates everything and anything, walls don't exist for this weapon, 50cm solid iron pillar? like butter. Multiple cars, concrete wall, anything in between target? like air.

Unfortunately it is probably programmed this way, judging from description.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-01-07 at 04:54 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    The only issue so far, and probably biggest one is this ridiculously overpowered sniper rifle. overwatch / SPT32 GRAD it's so ridiculously overpowered that makes literally all other weapons combined - a trash.

Don't read this if you didn't know before
    It penetrates everything and anything, walls don't exist for this weapon, 50cm solid iron pillar? like butter. Multiple cars, concrete wall, anything in between target? like air.

Unfortunately it is probably programmed this way, judging from description.
    There is a perk that increases penetration for tech weapons which seems useless, my guess is that the calculations for penetration is bugged as it doesn't seem to have a limit, I had npcs shoot me through a thin metal sheet but if i take cover against another wall they can't hurt me. Regardless the weapon isn't really that OP as by the time i had one I was basically immortal and almost any other weapon I used, specced into or not could kill baddies quicker then said sniper rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    There is a perk that increases penetration for tech weapons which seems useless, my guess is that the calculations for penetration is bugged as it doesn't seem to have a limit, I had npcs shoot me through a thin metal sheet but if i take cover against another wall they can't hurt me. Regardless the weapon isn't really that OP as by the time i had one I was basically immortal and almost any other weapon I used, specced into or not could kill baddies quicker then said sniper rifle.
    Its a problem of only this weapon. Only this. No other power weapon nor tech weapon can do that.
    Penetration calculations are there, it can be verified by shooting thru some thin walls (damage fall off) with other weapons.

However this sniper rifle is the only weapon in game, capable of shootting bad guys from ANOTHER Building while being inside of it, like it has no limits and no damage fall of at all.

That weapon is more op than being immortal and killing enemies quicker. Simply because you can be naked low level and enemies will be sitting ducks ready to be shot.

Hell, im wearing some uber garbage armor and basically any hit one-shots me. Still no problem because of this weapon. Because I don't get hit.

sit in next building ->
    Ping -> wallhack ->
    proceed to one shot everyone no matter how far and where they stand ->
    nobody has a faintest clue where the fuck you are.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-01-07 at 03:55 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

There will be a savegame created automatically when you start that mission, so you can always go back to experience all the other stuff.

Can we please talk about how awesome the score of this game is? It contributes immensely to the immersion and atmosphere. My pulse went up when listening to these.

What are your favourite pieces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I still do have some problems with the gamespot review's text but I do have to respect it SO MUCH MORE now just because of how reviews seem to have so easily rolled with the tide of consumer sentiment, it is hard not to respect a real opinion given early about the game, no matter what it is.

I remember a certain Twilight Princess review like it was yesterday. I'm not saying that reviewers shouldn't be intimidated of the angry crowd(I certainly would be), I'm just saying that it really puts a damper on the legitimacy of metadata that is so easily influenced by general consumer sentiment...and well anything really that isn't directly a part of the game.
    Its pretty sad that 'must contend with angry idiot gamers' is basically a job requirement of reviewing video games these days.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 75 hours in and have completed pretty much everything besides the main missions. Level 50, 50 street cred, etc... I have a maxed out (can't be upgraded anymore) legendary Asura smart tech sniper rifle that I don't have to aim, just point in the general direction and pull the trigger. Highest damage I've seen is 700k or 800K from a crit head shot.

Overall opinion is still the game is 'OK' for me, maybe too much filler, I kinda feel burnt out of it. Now that I'm working through the main quest I find my self skipping a lot of the conversations just to get through it. Frankly, I'm just done with the game, and want to move on.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-01-07 at 04:11 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If it helps at all, when you beat the game they return you right at the point before you walk into Embers. So you can continue to play after seeing the ending. You even get a little bonus after going through the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There will be a savegame created automatically when you start that mission, so you can always go back to experience all the other stuff.
    Yeah, I'm debating just going through it, and coming back for Delamain if he gets fixed. My feelings will be hurt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Overall opinion is still the game is 'OK' for me, maybe too much filler, I kinda feel burnt out of it. Now that I'm working through the main quest I find my self skipping a lot of the conversations just to get through it. Frankly, I'm just done with the game, and want to move on.
    There is definitely way too much filler. I think police gigs could have been replaced with a random generator so that you could do a few for flavor, then opt out without feeling like you're losing completion points. Same for a lot of the side jobs, too. Out of all the cyberpsychos, maybe only 3 of them were more unique than "go to location and neutralize person."

Yeah, I'm debating just going through it, and coming back for Delamain if he gets fixed. My feelings will be hurt though.

There is definitely way too much filler. I think police gigs could have been replaced with a random generator so that you could do a few for flavor, then opt out without feeling like you're losing completion points. Same for a lot of the side jobs, too. Out of all the cyberpsychos, maybe only 3 of them were more unique than "go to location and neutralize person."
    So, I pretty much just did the main story quests and the more impactful side quests involving the Aldecados - and it was perfect in terms of length. After beating the game, that's when I started working on the filler content. Felt like it was the best way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'm about 75 hours in and have completed pretty much everything besides the main missions. Level 50, 50 street cred, etc... I have a maxed out (can't be upgraded anymore) legendary Asura smart tech sniper rifle that I don't have to aim, just point in the general direction and pull the trigger. Highest damage I've seen is 700k or 800K from a crit head shot.

Lmao, you filled up on sides, and are mad you can't eat your steak.

Good job.

yeah the trick with games like this trying to judge when to stop doing side content and just end the game before burnout sets in.

I did all the side stories because there is some actual story there and skipped the gigs for the most part. But then it turned out the secret ending needs you to be (almost) 50 rather then 37 orso that I actually was, fortunately a bit of cheat engine came in to help when I ran out of quests to do at 47...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What are your favourite pieces?
    I like the one that plays when you enter Mikoshi. Don't know the name, and I think it's a recurring musical theme, but the version there is so epic with the strings, very moody and fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I like the one that plays when you enter Mikoshi. Don't know the name, and I think it's a recurring musical theme, but the version there is so epic with the strings, very moody and fitting.
    Should be this

Spoiler Act 2 Characters

Working on act 2. I am feeling really bad for V. Seems like everyone he knows is dead. Outside of Johnny, who seems to gather lifeforce from being a edgelord.

T-Bug died by having all her Nerves Fried.

Jackie died in Vs arms. I even replayed the mission to try to save him. Complete stealth, he did not even get a scratch outside of the cutscene.

Evelyn commited suicide. Even tough you and Judy did everytthing you could to save her. Now it seems like Judy started smoking again. I fully expect her to die next from losing the person she loved.

Even Dex is dead. Hell, I can even forgive him for trying to kill you because you just put his head on the chopping block, instead of doing something smart, you run right to him with probably the whole Arishoka tower chasing you.

I am afraid to go on, out of fear that Misty, Vick or Jackies Mother are next to be killed off.

On the plus side. Atleast the Women you save from the Scavs with Jackie seems to be alive. Seems a bit paranoid tough with all those gun turrets in her Apartment.
    The Militech Women from Act 1 is also alive and seems to be flirting with V via telephone. So she has not been killed off yet by her Corporation. Guess thats another one saved.