Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So...finally encountered Panam.

My first impression is "Fan Service". She has very nice jeans. And I'll leave it at that for now. ;D
    That jeans took 8 months of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That jeans took 8 months of development time.
    Well, if you're gonna do fan service, that's the way to do it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2021-01-10 at 06:28 PM.

has any real impact here other than to maybe appease some of the more vocal activists.
    Not sure why a decision to have a character have defined preferences just has to be to appease activists, and oh I dunno, cause that's what the writers wanted for the story - defined characters with defined traits. A sight better than the "playersexual" characters that popped up in RPGs for a few years.

That being said, since the lines do exist, modders can mold the experience to suit different options so in this case everyone wins. Writers/creators have their defined characters, players can mod in additional options.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Not sure why a decision to have a character have defined preferences just has to be to appease activists, and oh I dunno, cause that's what the writers wanted for the story - defined characters with defined traits. A sight better than the "playersexual" characters that popped up in RPGs for a few years.

That being said, since the lines do exist, modders can mold the experience to suit different options so in this case everyone wins. Writers/creators have their defined characters, players can mod in additional options.
    Except that July is not defined by being a lesbian, at all.
    I played a female V that romanced her and I didn't even know she was lesbian (rather then bi) until after I finished the game and someone mentioned they couldn't romance her as a Male.
    I don't think its ever brought up in game, and if it was then I sure missed it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's one of the many instances of obviously cut content I'm hoping we see fixed in future dlc. There's no way that situation is just supposed to end in your character shrugging and moving on.
    I just shoot him then escape the cops.

10+ Year Old Account

Its always a negative reason when gamers don't get their way. 'SJWs! Pandering! Agenda!'

God forbid they just tried to make a character with a defined story and history. Nope, it was to appease activists.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's definitely not as deep as we were all lead to believe.

I was thinking about this at work today, and I've come to the conclusion that Cyberpunk only barely technically even qualifies as an RPG. There are no classes per se. You don't really get to make any significant choices within the character creation outside of physical appearance. And there's only two voices, which REALLY powerfully define how your character behaves within the game.

Cyberpunk is honestly more of a visual novel with some basic RPG mechanics, set in a FPS engine. At least from what I've seen so far. Maybe it picks up with branching choices more in the later part of the game? I don't know.
    The technical niveau of combat, movement/controls and crafting are definitely not state of the art. Also weak surround sound mixing imho. Stories and characters are ok, but far away from top notch. I am not really connected to V, the decision of removing all the cut scence with V was a bad idea imho.

The main quest and some side quests are definitely worth playing, but for completionists this will be a very very very very very boring experience.

I didn't say it had to. I said "I'm not sure" and "maybe it was to appease". Don't make the mistake of assuming something I never intended.

But since you brought it up, the Win/Win was my thought as well. Devs/writers get to claim a vision, but while also letting modders do whatever. It's actually a pretty smart move by CDPR.

There's always a canon storyline to games like these. Just like there's always modders and players who want to have the freedom to tell their own story instead of being constrained.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its always a negative reason when gamers don't get their way. 'SJWs! Pandering! Agenda!'

God forbid they just tried to make a character with a defined story and history. Nope, it was to appease activists.
    Please read what I said to Berethos. Don't leap to conclusions.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2021-01-10 at 07:35 PM.

I've been wondering, if you play with mismatched body and voice, can you romance anyone? All the guides I've seen always mention you need to have both aligned to follow any of the 4 romances.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I've been wondering, if you play with mismatched body and voice, can you romance anyone? All the guides I've seen always mention you need to have both aligned to romance.
    From what I've read online, you can. From what I saw in the discussion of the mod, in the case of Judy it doesn't even matter what's going on below the belt as long as V has a female body type and voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    I am not really connected to V,
    I think that nails it for me. I haven't been able to put my finger on it for most of the game so far, and you just tipped my brain off to the reason why.

With there not being any real big decisions, and with the voice and mannerisms of V being preset....it's just not MY character. It's not MY story.

Which is odd, because I thought one of the main reasons for the 1st person restriction was to increase immersion. Or am I misquoting that part? Why set things up to increase immersion that way, but then not support it with deeper options and decisions for players to make the character their own?

Lotta mixed signals with this game.

From what I've read online, you can. From what I saw in the discussion of the mod, in the case of Judy it doesn't even matter what's going on below the belt as long as V has a female body type and voice.
    That's what I mean, everyone says you need body and voice. What if you have a mismatch here, can you romance anyone?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that nails it for me. I haven't been able to put my finger on it for most of the game so far, and you just tipped my brain off to the reason why.

With there not being any real big decisions, and with the voice and mannerisms of V being preset....it's just not MY character. It's not MY story.

Which is odd, because I thought one of the main reasons for the 1st person restriction was to increase immersion. Or am I misquoting that part? Why set things up to increase immersion that way, but then not support it with deeper options and decisions for players to make the character their own?

Lotta mixed signals with this game.
    Which V you playing? I found the female voice to be slightly more immersive than the male one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Which V you playing? I found the female voice to be slightly more immersive than the male one.
    So far the female V. Hacking as the primary playstyle.

Don't get me wrong, there have been a few moments of genuine emotion and super good acting. But they're kind of outweighed by what appears to me to be the writing/VA trying too hard to be sassy.

I know it would have been a metric tonne of recording, but I really wish they'd have given each origin its own VA, or at least different tones and character to the way they talk. Corpo should have been more smooth and cold. Nomad more laid back and maybe even a bit rustic. And keep street kid as it is now in the live game.

Oh well. Can't have everything I guess.

I know it would have been a metric tonne of recording, but I really wish they'd have given each origin its own VA, or at least different tones and character to the way they talk. Corpo should have been more smooth and cold. Nomad more laid back and maybe even a bit rustic. And keep street kid as it is now in the live game.
    Agreed. It felt like my corpo char was more a street kid tbh, as it didn't seem like my char was behaving snobby at all.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I am actually one of those people who usually believes that. My interpretation is that CDPR at one point had intended to make characters all bi, but at some point decided to scrap that for whatever reason. But ultimately it turned out well the way they implemented it, I like Judy's story and frankly the whole concept of character romances in a video game is kinda dumb in my opinion.

Agreed. It felt like my corpo char was more a street kid tbh, as it didn't seem like my char was behaving snobby at all.
    It's my impression that 'street kid' was once the only origin with perhaps some variances within it instead, the 6month cutscene feels like a straight continuation of the street kid intro (that is supposedly to some extent playable but cut content) along with many other things pointing towards the game having been more of a rags to riches story originally then what we got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well everything that made V a corpo snob is forcibly ripped away from him/her 10 minutes in, why would they continue to carry on in that manner?

Would be like a rich person going broke and losing everything, but still carrying on like a wealthy jerk while working at McDonalds. It wouldn't make any sense in any context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The female VO actor is much, much better in the emotional moments like correcting the Clouds joytoy about what name to call them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well everything that made V a corpo snob is forcibly ripped away from him/her 10 minutes in, why would they continue to carry on in that manner?

Would be like a rich person going broke and losing everything, but still carrying on like a wealthy jerk while working at McDonalds. It wouldn't make any sense in any context.

V always struck me as hardenened and probably still doing shady stuff even if you go less crazy routes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    It's my impression that 'street kid' was once the only origin with perhaps some variances within it instead, the 6month cutscene feels like a straight continuation of the street kid intro (that is supposedly to some extent playable but cut content) along with many other things pointing towards the game having been more of a rags to riches story originally then what we got.
    I have to say, I agree with this. The street kid intro feels more canon than the others, however odd that sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    V always struck me as hardenened and probably still doing shady stuff even if you go less crazy routes.
    Yeah, I got that vibe as well.

I think it makes sense, even as a Corpo you're basically part of the wetworks team of the guy in charge of a local branch, not a higher up by any means, and you already have contacts in the streets as evidenced by Jackie already being a friend which suggests the PC already doesn't spend all their time in Arasaka's ivory towers. Plus, 6 months of living in the streets will change the demeanor of anyone.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.