Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    RDR2 and GTAV manage to do just this.

I'm fine with their vision for the game being strictly first person, but lets not make excuses like you can't have both options when many games do including ones with insane production values like RDR2 and GTAV which are similar in scope.
    Oh please, the 1st person in GTA5 is shit and feels tacked on and unpolished, like 3rd person is in any bethesda game. The game is obviously meant to be played in 3rd person.

And to people saying you can't see your character, this isn't the 90s where you are only a camera, the body is there, if you look down you can see it, you aren't just floating hands. Just like in real life. And you can have peripheral vision, just increase the field of vision.

Edit: I forgot to check who I was replying to, the mmo-c resident contrarian.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2020-06-27 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I do indeed think it's silly to expect this feature in every game you see (just because it's AAA), expecting it to work just as well, especially if you have hardly any idea about how the game will play out.
    I have over 20 years experience playing video games. I can tell a lot from watching game play. FF7 remake for example. Watching the trailers you could see the world still retained a bit of that corridor feeling they havent shaken off in awhile. But the combat look interesting enough to play the game. And sure enough, combat was great and exploring the world felt rather flat.

I can tell watching the gameplay on this game its gonna be fun because visual/audio and the narrative all look extremely engaging. But combat looks rather life less and flashy over substance of the interactions and depth of the combat systems. Shooters are VERY limited in this regard, even with melee aspects. It takes something special like Doom eternal where they put the focus on the enemy and have to react to them and your environment in a micro tight fashion. Cyberpunk doesnt look to have something like that going on
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Oh please, the 1st person in GTA5 is shit and feels tacked on and unpolished, like 3rd person is in any bethesda game. The game is obviously meant to be played in 3rd person.
    Knowing from what I know from Witcher 3 I would wager the gameplay in GTAV and RDR2 in fps plays better then CP2077 lmfao. Smooth, polished gameplay is not exactly what CDPR is known for.

That's a crazy goal post shift from claiming it isn't possible lmao.
    Uhh... no? What claim are you talking about
    You think Witcher 3 is possible to play with first person and you'd have "fun" with it?

Or don't you think Witcher 3 wouldn't be Witcher 3 if they made it with first person in mind?
    You think Division 2 would play the same if I could switch into first person and move around like that?
    You think GTFO would work as a third person game?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-27 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Red dead redemption 2 managed it just fine.

But I guess expecting options from a massively hyped developer is silly?
    Its beyond silly to expect Cyberpunk to look and play like a Western. If first person is a dealbreaker for you, don't play first person games.

The reason CDPR is hyped as a developer is because they're honest, not because their games cure cancer and make a decent martini.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh... no?
    You think Witcher 3 is possible to play with first person and you'd have "fun" with it?
    I had issues with Witcher 3 in third person as well as first person, but that doesn't detract from me recommending it as a mustplay gem to anyone that is the slightest bit interested in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing from what I know from Witcher 3 I would wager the gameplay in GTAV and RDR2 in fps plays better then CP2077 lmfao. Smooth, polished gameplay is not exactly what CDPR is known for.
    How many AAA developers out there can you name that are known for "smooth polished gameplay" ? I can easily name more that are totally unplayable buggy messes, especially in comparison to CDPR.

Uhh... no? What claim are you talking about

Or don't you think Witcher 3 wouldn't be Witcher 3 if they made it with first person in mind?
    You think Division 2 would play the same if I could switch into first person and move around like that?
    You think GTFO would work as a third person game?
    Well the best parts of witcher 3 were the story and world.

So I'm sure first person would have still been an enjoyable game. Maybe not the highly praised game it is and could maybe even be called the polish skyrim in an alternate timeline who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    How many AAA developers out there can you name that are known for "smooth polished gameplay" ? I can easily name more that are totally unplayable buggy messes, especially in comparison to CDPR.
    If you want me to list AAA studios with better gameplay then CDPR it wouldn't be a list, it would be a novel. Having better gameplay then Bethesda and Bioware is about the only compliment you can give them lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how people can say that third person is more immersive. Take the latest trailer as an example. Scene when you throat punch a basketball player, when you wake up from brain dance with the harness on your head, and the scene where you fall through the glass roof. Anybody really thinks these would look/play better in third person?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

This 1st vs 3rd person discussion is pointless, just saying.

Generally speaking, in 3rd person games, you play a character most of the time and roleplay as him, in first person games, you "are" that character.
    You can argue for either version of the game, none of them are better/worse or more or less immersive as that thing is completely subjective.

I can only imagine how funny it would be to watch you playing FPS. Like... being suprised that an enemy is around the corner because you forget that they exist when you currently can't see him or something.
    And ... have you never played any games (in RL) that require you to shoot stuff? Arrow tag, Paint Ball, Laser Tag etc. etc.?
    I wish I could peak over a hill with my "camera" behind my back. But I'm sure you can 'sense' 3 guns pointing and won't have to do that. Silly.
    I guess people asking "Where are they!?" all the time during those games just can't use the force correctly.
    I can see movement in peripheral vision though, even if they are being very quiet. I cannot do that in first person until whatever it is, starts shooting at me, at which point I have to spin and look for them, far more then I'd have to in RL.

the argument is not pointless simply becasue people STILL claim that third person is not immersive. if you are more immersed while in first person - more power to you, but that doesn't mean its equaly immersive for other people. and the opposite is also true.

the way to fix it would have been having optional third or first person modes, ala fallout, skyrim, etc. alas... we do not get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure how people can say that third person is more immersive. Take the latest trailer as an example. Scene when you throat punch a basketball player, when you wake up from brain dance with the harness on your head, and the scene where you fall through the glass roof. Anybody really thinks these would look/play better in third person?
    YES. and I will keep saying this as many times as it takes. YOUR personal preference is neither absolute not default.

edited to add.

I have accepted that its a first person game. it is what it is, this is how they chose to make this game and its their decision. ALL I'm arguing here is the claim that first person view is immersive, while third person is not. THAT is false. because THAT is a personal preference and there are REASONS for that preference. on BOTH sides.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-06-27 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    First person in rockstar games is terrible, I've never seen anyone say it's their preferred way to play. Lets not pretend those games were designed with first person in mind, yes RD2 had it launch but the game(s) are clearly made for third person.

And you're the first person I've ever seen say CDPR doesn't produce polished, smooth games for the record
    Have you tried looting and horse riding in witcher 3? Its not great....Walking into a house to loot everything takes 2minutes when it should take 20seconds

And combat was very generic and have seen better in ps1 era

Looting I've never had an issue with

Horse riding is inherently clunky if you go for realism, you could argue RD2 is clunky with a horse as well. But a game like AC odyssey where they aren't going for that realism, the horse basically moves as you do just much faster, but it looks goofy

Combat I flat out disagree, I don't know any game of that size with better melee combat. Compare it to something like Skyrim it's not even close
    Well rockstar actually put major development into horse movement and based it off of real horses. So its a damn lot better than most games with horse riding in it. They are inevitably open world games so you're bound to come across some weird clipping or whatever.

But dont tell me looting was no problem, its janky af

And you're the first person I've ever seen say CDPR doesn't produce polished, smooth games for the record
    Then you must not read much, or play much for that matter.

If CDPR is your barometer for polished gameplay I can't even fathom what you play.

Horse riding is inherently clunky if you go for realism, you could argue RD2 is clunky with a horse as well.
    Got really annoying for my in Witcher 3, but I would extend that issue to games with driving as well. The barrier to realism is that you don't have that physical feedback on your body that helps you intuitively recognize the motion of the vehicle you are in/on.

Its one of those things that you have to simply accept some level of gamification, even though there's a spectrum of options between "total game physics/controls" and "total real physics/controls"

Just because something is realistic doesn't mean its fun. Although realism can often be a selling point on its own, despite the superficial lack of fun.

I'm literally playing through Witcher 3 again right now, there's nothing wrong with the looting
    It's not really the reason why I stopped playing Witcher 3 - but were candles involved? You can't tell me looting is no problem when candles are involved!
    Or a trapdoor, next to a ladder, with candles all around it!

(looting/targeting is inaccurate af)

Then you must not read much, or play much for that matter.

If CDPR is your barometer for polished gameplay I can't even fathom what you play.

rather than bashing everyone who dares mention a company, you could name a company yourself. Jeez.

I have over 20 years experience playing video games. I can tell a lot from watching game play. FF7 remake for example. Watching the trailers you could see the world still retained a bit of that corridor feeling they havent shaken off in awhile. But the combat look interesting enough to play the game. And sure enough, combat was great and exploring the world felt rather flat.

I can tell watching the gameplay on this game its gonna be fun because visual/audio and the narrative all look extremely engaging. But combat looks rather life less and flashy over substance of the interactions and depth of the combat systems. Shooters are VERY limited in this regard, even with melee aspects. It takes something special like Doom eternal where they put the focus on the enemy and have to react to them and your environment in a micro tight fashion. Cyberpunk doesnt look to have something like that going on
    As a massive fan of Doom Eternal, I do think it a bit unfair to expect Cyberpunk to have the same quality in terms of combat- Eternal was 100% designed around the combat, with purpose-built enemies, arenas, player tools and skills, even the music was made from the ground up to accommodate constant adrenaline-pumping action. Obviously, since that's your only method of interaction with the game's world. There's no sneaking around the demons, bribing them, bypassing their security or convincing them in conversation, Doomguy and the player only care about applying Super Shotgun to face and pulling the trigger. But more player options means more time developing these options and also more dev time accommodating said options in terms of player tools, level design, balance, etc.

All that being said, the melee combat seen in the demo still barely looked better than fucking Skyrim's- and that is not a high bar. The shooting was, like, Fallout 4 levels of decent but as I said, both ME3 and dare I say even Andromeda looked better to me at a glance on that front. They still have time to polish up the gameplay of course, but it still left me lukewarm. This being an RPG doesn't mean the combat has to be mediocre, it can be good even if not Doom Eternal-level excellent.

did not expect this much attention from expressing my preference. however i'm happy to see people sharing what they prefer and perhaps there will be devs out there who share our interests.

Biomutant & Destroy all Humans are looking like my kind of jam so yeah keep sharing instead of trying to shut down i guess?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Have you tried looting and horse riding in witcher 3? Its not great....Walking into a house to loot everything takes 2minutes when it should take 20seconds

And combat was very generic and have seen better in ps1 era
    Since most of the conversation about this was about "realism", I'm not sure how its much of an argument to claim that it "should only take 20 seconds" to break into someone's house and loot it. Two minutes sounds like just about the right amount of time to me, and I don't remember having any issue with the game in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Since most of the conversation about this was about "realism", I'm not sure how its much of an argument to claim that it "should only take 20 seconds" to break into someone's house and loot it. Two minutes sounds like just about the right amount of time to me, and I don't remember having any issue with the game in that respect.
    I dont mean you run through it like Sonic collecting Speed rings. I simply mean the targeting aspect of looting and the UI and the general overall "feel" of the game is very clunky and time consuming, when if it was much smoother it would be much easier to settle in and enjoy the great sights and sounds going on in the in game world.

And you think you can have the same game with a mere switch of a button or something?
    Well, it is in ESO...

(Jesting, of course)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.