Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'd try save as much as possible for P3 since we're losing so much survivability by picking DB for soaking.
    Wrong - if you pick DB for soaking, you have a 'free pass' to survive a Static Shock that would otherwise kill you in p3. And warlocks in P3 are definitely the ranged class with the highest effective dps in that phase (Ball Lightning AoE, Molten Core procs).
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

What is your guys opinion on when will will want to drop T15 2p (HC 2/2)? For me it seems that dropping 2p will break demo. So maybe not even drop it before we have full HC T16 4p? dropping it for normal T16 4p seems like a bad idea to me.

What do you guys think?

I'm probably going to use 2pc/2pc for a while with helm/gloves T16 and shoulders/chest T15 until ilevels start to really take away (i.e. heroic tier)

They need to fix T16 first before we can even make a reasonable determination. Demo due to the opener I will probably keep T15x2 for normals. If they fixed destro I might go for 4xT16. Aff almost feels like it could disregard sets completely. Though its too early to tell since we haven't even hit a numbers pass GC hinted at.

Might also want to pick up some crit offpieces in case we end up going balls deep crit for demo come 5.4...

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Wrong - if you pick DB for soaking, you have a 'free pass' to survive a Static Shock that would otherwise kill you in p3. And warlocks in P3 are definitely the ranged class with the highest effective dps in that phase (Ball Lightning AoE, Molten Core procs).
    what are you even talking about? ofc u use DB but u dont use other cds if u dont have to during transition phases. phase3 basically has a soft enrage by the stacks u take from winds so u wanna save defensive cds for that to help healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    What is your guys opinion on when will will want to drop T15 2p (HC 2/2)? For me it seems that dropping 2p will break demo. So maybe not even drop it before we have full HC T16 4p? dropping it for normal T16 4p seems like a bad idea to me.

What do you guys think?
    probably when you can exchange at least 3 out of 4 pieces with heroic gear, no matter if tier or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    what are you even talking about? ofc u use DB but u dont use other cds if u dont have to during transition phases. phase3 basically has a soft enrage by the stacks u take from winds so u wanna save defensive cds for that to help healers.
    Re-read what you wrote if you can't comprehend what I am talking about. By the wording of your post it sounded as if you'd pick another talent than DB for the fight.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    I would just like to follow up on the Dark Bargain solo soaking - just for my curiosity and if my math is wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Assuming Shock does 1.5 milion damage on 10HC and ignoring our passive 10% mitigation for simplicity sake.

After 40% from UR that 1.5 milion becomes 900k. 50% of that is 450k (which is what we would take from the Dark Bargain DoT). Now (again, for simplicity sake), assuming all 8 seconds of the DoT will be reduced by UR, that 450k total will become 270k, making it roughly 34k per tick.

Now if we factor in Fel Armor, Twilight Ward, even if we account for not being able to reduce all 8 seconds of the DB dot, am I right to assume we take basicaly no damage?

P.S. I know there are classes which take literaly 0 damage, I was just curious as to how much we can reduce the 1.5 milion hit to :P If my math is wrong, feel free to correct me!

I haven't done the actual math of the Static Shock soaking, but all I know is I don't require any healing with DB + UR + TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Re-read what you wrote if you can't comprehend what I am talking about. By the wording of your post it sounded as if you'd pick another talent than DB for the fight.
    haha OK sry

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see people mentioning the use of Twilight Ward to soak Static Shock... why is that? Is it to recupe the 50% dam taken from the DB? Because from what I know it mitigates solely holy or shadow damage.

Possibly hopping into Apo, then popping TW?

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I see people mentioning the use of Twilight Ward to soak Static Shock... why is that? Is it to recupe the 50% dam taken from the DB? Because from what I know it mitigates solely holy or shadow damage.
    They're using it in conjunction with Dark Bargain. The dot it places on you is shadow based

Question, should I be using soul fire while in demon form, or just be using Touch of Chaos since it's half the cost? I get tons of procs of molten core but never know if I should save them for my caster or use some of them while in demon form.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Question, should I be using soul fire while in demon form, or just be using Touch of Chaos since it's half the cost? I get tons of procs of molten core but never know if I should save them for my caster or use some of them while in demon form.
    Welcome to the only real decision high level Demo players have to make.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Welcome to the only real decision high level Demo players have to make.
    And the answer is?

Actually iirc zinnin did make some spreadsheet for it a few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    And the answer is?

I'd say 90% of the high level players are using SF in Meta if they are using 2P and they aren't if they aren't using 2P. And based off of Zinnin's spreadsheet that's the answer you would get around to.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I'd say 90% of the high level players are using SF in Meta if they are using 2P and they aren't if they aren't using 2P. And based off of Zinnin's spreadsheet that's the answer you would get around to.
    Wonder how that will change with Archimonde's Darkness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I also use it when I have wush at high stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    And the answer is?

Imo SF is used when:

• Dark Soul is UP
    • A couple procs are UP

Touch of Chaos to the other situations, and if u are with more than 8 SF procs spend in caster form to build fury, usually u dont use more than 8 procs at Meta because the caster time + one or two ToC to refresh corruption spends the whole 20sec Dark Soul duration.

To those of you who play demonology on the PTR atm, how are your results? I find it hard to stay competitive with either 4/4 T16, or 2/4 T15 and 2/4 T16. Also tried a lot of variations in trinkets, but find the UVLS with Immerseus trinket to be the best combination. I've done most of the testing in the Flex raids, in 530 ilvl, and I've gone 8100 haste -> mastery -> haste -> crit.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud