Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Have a Frost DK raider thats been having low DPS issues overall, including this H Elegon fight. Although she is at a good iLevel (504), her DPS is somewhere in the 60s/70s. She does have a good attitude and raid awareness and generally helps the raid out, so I'd like to help her improve her personal performance. Was wondering if she was doing something rotationally wrong as from what I see in terms of gear/reforge it's all there. I suspect it's something to do with her being too "busy" (cos i generally see low effective DPS) and low uptime. And partially due to rotational isues. However I am a noob to DK, so am posting this in hope a veteran can help

I'm still nooby to WOL stuff, so I kinda posted a couple relevant kills we had. I'm really not sure which fights are bad to gauge her performance by, however. Apologies if its too many logs.

It looks like she's using plague strike in her rotation, which shouldn't be used other than to reapply blood plague when outbreak and/or Unholy Blight are on cooldown. She ought to use unholy runes for DnD and Obliterate--especially so if she is gaming runes with RE.

Thanks for the comment. I'm the DK in question... I'd read the whole thread last night and was planning on posting when I got off work today but my friend beat me to it.

I am using plague strike in my rotation and I'll drop that off more. DnD is just a pain to cast, so I guess I went for the cheap spend. I'm also trying to use obliterate more for runic power. One of my biggest problems is ending up resource-starved, which is a bummer.

In Throne of Thunder I look pretty good on epeen for LFR, but when you look at those same values in normal 25 man, I'm more in the 15-25% range -- not good enough for progression raiding.

I was going to post a jin'kroh kill, a relatively low movement fight for T15, but MMO champ won't let me post links yet (new account) If interested, you can find it at the world of logs website under US Realms>Kilrogg>Lux for the date of 4-2-2013 at 19:38.

One final very specific question (and maybe this isn't the forum for it, but): I'd like to learn how to query the log file to show only my actions, using the expressions editor. Anyone have pointers to resources for learning that? I haven't been successful in finding that in the WoL forum.

Thanks in advance for any help folks can lend. I really don't want to suck.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hantevirus View Post
    I am using plague strike in my rotation and I'll drop that off more. DnD is just a pain to cast, so I guess I went for the cheap spend. I'm also trying to use obliterate more for runic power. One of my biggest problems is ending up resource-starved, which is a bummer.
    Hi!

If you find it awkward to manage your unholy runes in DW rotation, I would recommend picking up Blood Tap. Just bind it with Frost Strike in a macro, and use both your death runes for Obliterate.

Not seeing much else wrong with the Jin'rok log, except that you used Soul Reaper 4 times out of the execution range (7 upfront hits, but only 3 shadow portion hits), and that you used Pillar of Frost only twice in a 4 minute fight.

Replacing Plague Strikes with Obliterates will make a pretty big difference. And if you keep researching and ask questions, I'm sure you'll improve in no time.

Also remember to summon army pre-pull and to align Raise Dead with Pillar of Frost!

Happy Hunting!

Deleted
    i have a question regarding rolling blood and unholly blight, as a frost specced. i have rolling blood as tank and i have chosen unholly blight for frost but there are situations where outbreak is on cd and unholly blight is on cd and...basicaly i have to somtimes manualy reaply the diseases even on my main target....so i was wondering if someone did some numbers if rolling blood would hurt my dps significantly ? since its so much easier to keep diseases up and spread them around and maybe constant diseases would lvl the dps loss (i just assume there is any dps loss, blood rune etc.) ?

also why use soul reaper only on targets under 35% hp ? whats better to use on a boss lets say (single target) before he drops to 35% then soul reaper ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hipshizik View Post
    i have a question regarding rolling blood and unholly blight, as a frost specced. i have rolling blood as tank and i have chosen unholly blight for frost but there are situations where outbreak is on cd and unholly blight is on cd and...basicaly i have to somtimes manualy reaply the diseases even on my main target....so i was wondering if someone did some numbers if rolling blood would hurt my dps significantly ? since its so much easier to keep diseases up and spread them around and maybe constant diseases would lvl the dps loss (i just assume there is any dps loss, blood rune etc.) ?

also why use soul reaper only on targets under 35% hp ? whats better to use on a boss lets say (single target) before he drops to 35% then soul reaper ?
    Reapply manually, anything else is just getting around it. Having Unholy Bligh t+ Outbreak + Plague Mushroom is nice, but if you're not reapplying when you have to with plague strike, or not banking Unholy Blight for an instance where there will be adds to slow or dot up (Like say bats on Tortos) then you're not playing well.

Reapply with Plague Strike, learn when and where to do so. Rolling Blood isn't worth the talent.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Noticing big downtimes for fallen crusader buff for my DWfrost (yes, its enchanted on the offhand) with ilvl500. Would there be increase in the uptime of the buff by having both weapons enchanted with it or would they overlap eachother too often to be worth it or is the buff on ppm system?
    If its on ppm, did the 5.2 real ppm changes apply to it like they did to normal weapon enchants like Dancing Steel?

Use it on the mainhand, it's a miniscule DpS upgrade.

Yes it would increase the uptime if you used it on both weapons.
    No it would not be a DpS increase.

FC has always been on PPM (each weapon hand has it's own PPM) and I haven't seen any evidence that it was moved to RPPM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Use it on the mainhand, it's a miniscule DpS upgrade.[...]
    not according to this : http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t132171-...3/#post2266705
    even tho' it's been a month, being DW myself i still see double RI procs all the time like described in the quoted post.

(I can't post links directly because of MMO-C's restrictions, sorry for that)
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Streifer/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-50zg0bguzwox0yft/details/1/?s=326&e=880 (Our best try, wiped at ~60% of the Boss)
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    My main spec is tank, i switched unholy for this fight.
    Because of our raid comp (3 melees, counting me), I have to stay in front of the 1st add half the time, and get behind the boss when it's time for the melee group to soak Unleashed Flame. I often can't do any DPS because of the spears, especially during Dead Zone on the 3rd add.
    I 'm often wasting resources because of movements, especially with unholy frenzy and/or Darkmist Vortex proc
    I often manage to be near RP cap when DT fades, but my DT uptime still seems pretty low to me.

(I can't post links directly because of MMO-C's restrictions, sorry for that)
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Streifer/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-50zg0bguzwox0yft/details/1/?s=326&e=880 (Our best try, wiped at ~60% of the Boss)
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    My main spec is tank, i switched unholy for this fight.
    Because of our raid comp (3 melees, counting me), I have to stay in front of the 1st add half the time, and get behind the boss when it's time for the melee group to soak Unleashed Flame. I often can't do any DPS because of the spears, especially during Dead Zone on the 3rd add.
    I 'm often wasting resources because of movements, especially with unholy frenzy and/or Darkmist Vortex proc
    I often manage to be near RP cap when DT fades, but my DT uptime still seems pretty low to me.

Thanks in advance.

Blood DK - Low DPS

Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first post. My guild started ToT a few weeks ago, and looking at my WOL, I believe my DPS is kinda low and was looking for some tips to increase my DPS. We are having some problems progressing right now, so every upgrade would be great, even from the tanks.

Here is a link to our WOL from last night: w w w .worldoflogs.com/reports/jgarl2l55tu14mrc/ (sorry for the link, can't post links right now)
    And my armory is Zimzarian on Zul'jin US.

Thanks !

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Zimzarian/advanced
    Spec: Blood
    World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/jgarl2l55tu14mrc/

Question:
    Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first post. My guild started ToT a few weeks ago, and looking at my WOL, I believe my DPS is kinda low and was looking for some tips to increase my DPS. We are having some problems progressing right now, so every upgrade would be great, even from the tanks.

Thanks !

Armory :- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umbha/advanced

World of Logs : -
    Primordius Reg 10 man : - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=10725&e=11179
    magaera Reg 10 man : - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=3362&e=3820
    jinrokh Reg 10 man : - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=2102&e=2352

I have 2 questions actually, 1st (it might seem a bit noobish :P) is it really worth to wait for the rune to regen and NOT use the KM proc on frost strike if Obliterate is not ready when KM procs ? or should i always use it on Frost strike as soon as it procs?
    2ndly, in general, am i doing anything wrong? or rather what can i do better to improve my DPS ?
    Plz help, thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ithis/advanced

Nothing major - I think I do fine dps but I'm just wondering what I can do to improve myself. Haste? Am I gemming too much haste? What about trying out Festerblight or switching to Unholy with the gear I have? Any suggestions?

I sustain between 85 - 100k on most LFR fights.

First of all: 2 unenchanted items!

If you want to go for Festerblight your haste gems should better be strength gems. If you don't plan to learn Festerblight I'd stay with Frost.

For Frost 2h it doesn't matter as much, but I would consider switching the JC gems from Haste to Strength. I found myself to be comfortable with about 6.5-7k haste.

Expertise needs some work too, ~0.7% below cap (I guess the unenchanted items are new and that's where the expertise deficit is coming from)

Might consider switching the STR/HIT for STR/STAM but that's nothing that would help with your DpS (unless you usually live life on the edge of dieing in LFR).

Other than that I don't see any glaring issues.

Since you're over hit you should also switch your cloak enchant to the crit one, that hit isn't giving you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    First of all: 2 unenchanted items!

If you want to go for Festerblight your haste gems should better be strength gems. If you don't plan to learn Festerblight I'd stay with Frost.

For Frost 2h it doesn't matter as much, but I would consider switching the JC gems from Haste to Strength. I found myself to be comfortable with about 6.5-7k haste.

Expertise needs some work too, ~0.7% below cap (I guess the unenchanted items are new and that's where the expertise deficit is coming from)

Might consider switching the STR/HIT for STR/STAM but that's nothing that would help with your DpS (unless you usually live life on the edge of dieing in LFR).

Other than that I don't see any glaring issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    Since you're over hit you should also switch your cloak enchant to the crit one, that hit isn't giving you anything.
    All updated. Pulled 130k overall in Scholomance. Anything that should change?

You're extremely overcapped for hit, several things, like your neck-piece you should gem pure strength into and ignore the socket bonus. In fact you'd see a larger net-benefit for all three blue sockets in your gear save your helmet to ignore the socket bonus and gem straight strength.

EDIT: Gloves are a 120 strength socket bonus, so use a Strength/Stam there. My mistake.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2013-04-26 at 02:52 AM.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I know how to play, I don't have a dps issue at all, more of a question. Also I know my expertise is that high and I cannot do anything about that and I cannot afford the strength enchant to bracers.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stool/advanced
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/shat...hand/thestool/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I just want to know which one is better, a 491 kil'rak with the 500 str gem and a 502 Shellsplitter Greataxe or a 502 Uroe, Harbinger of Terror. I assume the 2h is better, but I just wanted to be sure.

Edit: I changed some gear since I first posted.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-26 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed log link

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olemlyx/simple
    Spec: unholy
    World of Logs: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmourne/solemlyx/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC) I just would like to know if im going allright just feels like i could be doing more dps with what i have, please comment on gemming chants anything that you see wrong including the logs if you wish to look at it.