Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I don't really look at the price of the clothes I wear.
    And stuff is pretty expensive here and I'm to lazy to go shopping in France...

I bought a $400 sport coat once. Everything else will tend to be below $100.

Though I spend like a motherfucker on glasses, sunglasses, shoes, and watches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Voted yes, but only once in a blue moon and only if I think the item is particularly outstanding.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

On jackets 100€+ is like a given, on other stuff it varies a lot, jeans I usually buy around the 100€ not usually more but not much less, some big pretty looking sweaters can go for around that price range too, while like t-shirts and things such as that I just buy for around 20€, shoes probably around 100€ too. I don't really spend a lot of money on anything else though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend less than that for a whole outfit lol ... I really hate wasting money on clothes xD heck I still have jeans from like 6 years ago and they look almost brand new...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't leave the house intentionally seeking to spend that much, but if I see something I really like that happens to be in that price range and I can afford it then I'll pick it up.

Deleted
    only my italian hand-made shoes. I dislike expensive clothes.

Deleted
    holy crap you can get a radeon 5770 for that price.

lol 900 dollar jacket in this thread wtf?

Anyway I usually shop when there is a sale. I once bought shoes for $47 that the next day they were back up to $180.

Most expensive I bought was a $200 jacket on a one day sale after I used 20% off, two days later I went to check and it was a little over $400.

The most expensive shoes I bought were a pair of £165 nikes. ($266)

Yes, sometimes a nice shirt, jacket, or pair of pants are worth the $100+.

all the time, but that's because i'm into clothes and i can afford it
    $100 doesn't go a long way anymore

Deleted
    there was a time when i was big into fashion.
    180€ replay jeans, ~200-400€ leather jackets etc.
    looking back, it was a waste of money.
    i don't really regret it, though. it looked really good and i still wear some of those clothes.

wouldn't pay >50-80€ for a piece of clothing anymore - unless it's a suit!
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-01-12 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You misinterpreted his words. He said "not counting shoes or jewelery, things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent". The shoes or jewelry was the first part of the statement, the second half was him specifying what he was talking about. Think of the sentence as reading more like this:"I'm not counting shoes or jewelry, I mean things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent."
    He didn't misinterpret anything, he was pointing out the OP's obvious lack of any punctuation and run-on sentence structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from jackets, shoes, and suits there is nothing that exceeds the £100 mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Suits, Shirts, Jeans, Jackets, Shoes always cost way over £100. I've yet to spend over £100 for a t-shirt

I did it one time for a pair of skateboard shoes. Every single pair of skate shoes I have bought over the years has been between $50 and $100, except for this one extra expensive set. As far as other articles of clothing, I will never spend more than $20 to $30 on them.

People pay that much?

I tend not to - most I spend would be on jackets/shoes and even then that would be £60-£70 max

Deleted
    leather jackets, jeans, shoes, suits and thats about it. i wouldnt pay for a t shirt 100E tho.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. The only things I spend $100+ on are boots, shoes, jackets, suits.

I've seen people spend $100 (after tax) on a single polo shirt because of the brand name. They're not even well made, if they were made better than the $15~ shirts at the Walmart across the street from the Macy's I would almost understand, but they're not. I used to think that other people cared about such things when I was younger, but since becoming an adult it's clear that other adults don't really care about the brand of clothing you wear. I once had a flatmate that would buy clothes from Walmart, buy designer logos on Ebay, sew them into the clothes, and wear them. People couldn't tell the difference. I thought it was a giant waste of time, but he was young and his friends cared about brand names.

Every now and then I'll pay $30~ for a t-shirt on the internet to support a cause that I like.

If you really loves clothes and you can afford it, go for it, but spending $100 on a shirt doesn't mean you're getting better quality than a much cheaper one. It doesn't mean the shirt looks better either, within a month of a look becoming popular there are very convincing cheap imitations if you really like that look.