Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Siccarius View Post
    How about getting a DVT and PE with the only reason to blame is the Pill (no genetic propensity for clotting, under 35, and no smoking ever). Men think taking the pill is all great but the newer stuff can really screw you I'd hope if someone cares about their woman and this has less deadly side effects than the pill that they would be willing to have a little shot once every 10 years
    Why do people ignore the fact that the pill has health benefits as well as risks?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    I laugh at anyone desperate enough for sexual intercourse to essentially use a needle to puncture his genitals. gg
    More like not wanting to have little brats, it has nothing to do with sex itself...

Also this is quite old btw :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Why do people ignore the fact that the pill has health benefits as well as risks?
    the problem is maybe that on a platform like this one, you are talking to a wide range of people. Many of them have very little - if any at all - sexual experience and knowledge. That reflects through the few pages the thread has so far already clearly. When someone refers to condoms as a safe method, that speaks books. When the truth is, that condoms are pretty much one of the most unsafe methods available.

Contraceptive method Effectiveness
    Vasectomy - Almost 100 per cent
    Female sterilisation - Almost 100 per cent
    The Pill - Almost 100 per cent
    Contraceptive injection - Almost 100 per cent
    Contraceptive implants - Almost 100 per cent
    IUS (Mirena) - 98 to 99 per cent
    IUD (the coil) - 97 to 98 per cent
    The mini-Pill - Around 98 per cent
    Male condom - 90 to 98 per cent
    Female condom - 90 to 98 per cent
    Diaphragm with spermicide - 90 to 96 per cent
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relat...#ixzz2I3Ozun5y

All these figures are "About" references, because by the nature of the topic, there is no real number available. It cannot be measured anywhere near total precision.
    The failure quote for condoms requires for them to be used correctly (that applies to all contraception methods). But they aren't always used correctly. Often enough they are not. And even if they are, they still have a failure quote of about 2%, caused due to malfunction. 2% is "a lot" higher than the method you present in here.

Now for the pill......
    It's a male response, and mindset of many males, that women should just take the pill, case closed.
    That's for once a very selfish approach, by simply passing on the responsibilities to the woman instead.
    "I don't want to have anything to do with it. It's not my business to avoid pregnancy, because I cannot get pregnant"..
    Selfish, stupid, ignorant approach. And extremely poor educated too (Coincidence?). Many women cannot take the pill for health reasons, period. And even for those who can, there are often very unpleasant side effects. One common side effect is weight gain. You don't like your woman a bit chubby? Well, chances are she's just that because she takes the pill. Well, she needs to switch to another pill... Now we are at square one. Chances are she cannot take another type, her health prohibits that.

I'm a man, I'm a father of ONE child, which was planned, and as that I say.... Any man who doesn't want to be an equally responsible part of birth control/contraception, doesn't deserve to have intercourse. Their women should deny them just that, the women should dump them, and get another partner who shows these responsibilities. Luckily enough, there are more than enough men out there, who are more than happy to share that task.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Any man who doesn't want to be an equally responsible part of birth control/contraception, doesn't deserve to have intercourse. Their women should deny them just that, the women should dump them, and get another partner who shows these responsibilities. Luckily enough, there are more than enough men out there, who are more than happy to share that task.
    Yeah i agree.

Also not to mention that the pill can actually kill sexual desire in many woman.
    And the risks of all those hormones going around, we mess with stuff we dont quite understand fully, best ways are direct ways, not indirect

Deleted
    That needle.. my junk hurts just by thinking about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Yeah i agree.

Also not to mention that the pill can actually kill sexual desire in many woman.
    And the risks of all those hormones going around, we mess with stuff we dont quite understand fully, best ways are direct ways, not indirect
    if she dont want to take the pill than great i will use a condom but NEVER i will take holes and needle in my balls sack to please a women i really mean never

This sounds like a good alternative for me, I already have one Kid. Most of the Birth control for women fucks up my wife something horrid. So we are back to basically being in high school/ college and using Condoms, which I will say I have never had any issues with other than the feel so this seems like a neat alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    if she dont want to take the pill than great i will use a condom but NEVER i will take holes and needle in my balls sack to please a women i really mean never
    I doubt you would feel a thing.
    Also its not about pleasing her is about being fair, and didnt refer to the needle alone, simply that contraception is responsibility of both.

Its ok for her to wreak her hormonal balance and cycles for you to not use a condom, but taking a procedure that lasts 5m and there is no pain involved suddenly is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Just get a vasectomy, $400-500 at any reputable doctor, one time, 100% effective.
    A vasectomy is NOT 100% effective.

Now for the pill......
    It's a male response, and mindset of many males, that women should just take the pill, case closed.
    That's for once a very selfish approach, by simply passing on the responsibilities to the woman instead.
    "I don't want to have anything to do with it. It's not my business to avoid pregnancy, because I cannot get pregnant"..
    Selfish, stupid, ignorant approach. And extremely poor educated too (Coincidence?). Many women cannot take the pill for health reasons, period. And even for those who can, there are often very unpleasant side effects. One common side effect is weight gain. You don't like your woman a bit chubby? Well, chances are she's just that because she takes the pill. Well, she needs to switch to another pill... Now we are at square one. Chances are she cannot take another type, her health prohibits that.

I'm a man, I'm a father of ONE child, which was planned, and as that I say.... Any man who doesn't want to be an equally responsible part of birth control/contraception, doesn't deserve to have intercourse. Their women should deny them just that, the women should dump them, and get another partner who shows these responsibilities. Luckily enough, there are more than enough men out there, who are more than happy to share that task.
    I do agree with the sentiment, but I'd honestly prefer it if a male 'pill' got on the market (and was covered by health insurance in the way that the female one is).
    Vasectomies, by the way, are nowhere near trustworthy, and can cause several health issues... But I don't think you were discussing that one. (One reason it's not trustworthy is: The body heals. There's quite a lot of cases (maybe 1%, but that's still a lot) where the body heals fully over time, restoring fertility.)

Fact is: Male alternatives are usually not covered by health insurance. Female options usually are. That's why the burden is placed mostly on the female. At least, in the Netherlands. Add to that that I know many women who use the hormone pill for health benefits even in times where they're not involved in a romantic relationship (hell; I have homosexual friends that take the pill for those reasons), and yeah... That.

Personally, I'd love the OP's option to become widely known. It's always better to be double-safe.

Now for the pill......
    Right. All men are selfish, stupid, and ignorant for wanting their partners to use the pill. It couldn't possibly be because its a non-invasive contraceptive with near 100% effectiveness to which men have no analogous option. That absolutely couldn't be the motivation for any men anywhere. Its all misogyny and selfishness, and they should be shamed into acquiescing blindly to their partners every whim when it comes to sex and contraception, since men's desires on the subject are devoid of meaning or value.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    non-invasive contraceptive with near 100% effectiveness
    First of all, not 100%
    second, non invasive? sure it wont give you a spot that is sore for about 1 hour, but it will have far worst consequences to the body, including lack of sex drive (body thinks she is pregnant, why bother giving her a sex drive) not to mention that all those excess hormones are excreted by both sweat and urine, the urine you dont have to worry about (Unless ofc those notions that it ends up in the water supplies are true, i havent researched into that nearly enough) but those extra hormones will end up on YOU, which will in turn make a mess of your body.
    Non invasive...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relat...ptivepills.htm

There are benefits of it as well, my gf uses it to control menstruation for example as she is one of the bleeders, but really... you are right, it doesnt compare.
    Also he isnt refering JUST to the needle option, but to using condoms for example.
    I knew most men where complete weenies towards syringes but damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh no.

No one is putting a needle in my balls. Fuck that.

Seriously.
    Putin khuliyo