Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    safety reasons. there are enough people out there who don't want to use Facebook for whatever reason, yet Skype isn't as bad
    Ok, that's one semi-reasonable answer, but why do her conversations with this friend need to be "more secure," and mine don't?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Pony people, I need your help.

I feel like one of my oldest friendships is at the breaking point, and it's definitely at least partially my fault, but now my mind won't let go of something that I know will make it worse, and I need your advice to see if I'm just being paranoid, or if you guys think this is something I should pursue.

So my friend that is hard to get in touch with has been overseas. She keeps telling me we'll get in touch when she's in a more stable situation, but I don't get the slightest update on that unless I press for it.

Then I go and screw up, I say something completely fucking retarded. Before she can even respond, I apologize. Profusely. She still fires back scathingly, and you know what, I can't entirely blame her, so I apologize again.

Then, on one of her wall posts that I commented on, so it pops up a bunch of notifications on my wall, she starts helping a friend set up Skype "to chat." I lose it. She has refused to Skype with me because her only internet right now is internet cafes, so I fire off on her.

She comes back pissed, and says they're only setting it up for the chat thing. So I ask her why we haven't chatted over Skype, and she points to our all of 2 conversations over Facebook Messenger in almost four months, asking me what the difference is. I immediately feel like a pile of shit, and admit there is no difference.

Now, several hours later, my mind stops thinking about how shitty a friend I am, and starts thinking, what is the difference between Facebook Messenger and Skype chat. Why did she spend almost an hour over public messages helping this other friend set up Skype, if Facebook Messenger is no different? Is she lying to me?

I'm shaking so bad right now, because I don't know what to feel. Anger? Hurt? Sadness? Loathing? Goddammit, I need help.
    you feel betrayed, feel like you are losing her. maybe instead of getting angry, take a step back and think before posting/messaging something, because all this anger and jalousy is only driving her further away

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    you feel betrayed, feel like you are losing her. maybe instead of getting angry, take a step back and think before posting/messaging something, because all this anger and jalousy is only driving her further away
    I know that. I know it. But I keep getting mixed-ass signals from her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    doing good and how are you on this fine day zenora?
    cold =( hasnt been snowing more tho thank fuck ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    Morning Zenora
    mooooooooooooorning

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's one semi-reasonable answer, but why do her conversations with this friend need to be "more secure," and mine don't?
    it's probably related to that friend... except i misunderstood and he/she has facebook too

Deleted
    Snip.
    I'd help but I've more or less been in a somewhat similiar situation of simply losing any and all contact to a good friend of mine for some time now too.

I'm bad at people. :l

Hope it'll go well for you though Chrys.
    * Hugs

Oh and yeah, I'm home.

Deleted
    I know that. I know it. But I keep getting mixed-ass signals from her.
    do YOU feel something for her? maybe thats whats bothering you, you feel for her and shes not sure? (just a guess, i had the same with my best friend, had such a crush on him. he didnt have one on me and we moved on)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    I'd help but I've more or less been in a somewhat similiar situation of simply losing any and all contact to a good friend of mine for some time now too.

I'm bad at people. :l

Hope it'll go well for you though Chrys.
    * Hugs

Oh and yeah, I'm home.
    The problem is, I don't know what "well for me" is in this situation. Half the time, I feel like it would be better to cut ties and try to move on.

New thread, huh?
    CYOA comic updated regularly!
    http://dovashy.deviantart.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the votes coming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Keep the votes coming
    what votes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovashy View Post
    New thread, huh?
    huh this is a rare visitor!

Deleted
    New thread, huh?
    nah its all in your head! ^^

Zen is exactly right, it IS all in my head. Also, hey ponies (Drafo=3)

Good afternoon

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Good afternoon
    omg omg omg hudsie!!! where have you been?!!??!?!?!?

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:37 PM ----------

Zen is exactly right, it IS all in my head. Also, hey ponies (Drafo=3)
    ofc im right! =3

Deleted
    New thread, huh?
    * Boops the silly Dova

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    do YOU feel something for her? maybe thats whats bothering you, you feel for her and shes not sure? (just a guess, i had the same with my best friend, had such a crush on him. he didnt have one on me and we moved on)
    That's where the mixed-ass signals come in. I have had a crush on her, and 6 months ago we almost hooked up. But she was going overseas, so she didn't want to commit to a relationship and stick me with an overseas girlfriend. Then she goes on about how much she wants to keep in touch, and how, once she's settled, we'll Skype at least twice a month.

Then, I hear dick squat for a month, so I ask about it. She's had some delays. I knew she was going to spend a short time in France before heading to Indonesia for a year, but she's stuck there longer than she had expected while they work out some details with her Visa for Indonesia. Fine, I still don't hear anything for another month, so I ask again. I try very hard not to sound angry, but mention that she was the one that wanted to set up Skype, and here I am sitting with no details. She apparently thinks that's reasonable, and gives me an update. Thinks it'll be another month or so before she's got a stable setup.

Then, I go and say something stupid. Some fiddly little details from our almost-hook-up had been stuck in my brain for 6 months now, and I ask a question. I almost immediately realize it's a stupid, pushy question, and so I send her another message, telling her I'm being a fucking idiot, and that I'm sorry, she can go ahead and ignore it.

She answers, though, but very angrily, so I respond apologetically. Then I start getting those notifications, and she's setting up Skype with someone, right there on Facebook. I snap, she snaps back, I snap again, she snaps again, I feel like shit, and go apologetic again.

But I'm still confused, why the need for Skype to IM this guy, and not me? Why spend over an hour helping him set it up, if all she's going to do with it is text? Can't they use Facebook for their convos, if she's going to stick to Facebook with me? Why setup Skype unless it's for voice chat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Only on the forums.
    Shame, I would love to be the pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    * Boops the silly Dova
    * Is booped
    Tehe!

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    What's up Skyrim!
    Not much, eagerly awaiting one of those fancy LED hoodies WeLoveFine has now, because I have a thing for blinky things!