10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Wow do you have me wrong. Like..insanely wrong. I've said quite regularly that I SUCK at this game, at least as far as actually killing anything. And I can't go anywhere without stumbling on at least one outfit while I'm supporting my ass off even randomly. regularly see the TR and NC ones get curbstomped by random squads and platoons. I love the geniuses that think outfits are the end all be all. You have to find a DECENT one or you're just going to get wrecked like always. If it doesn't have decent leadership then you're basically just playing with randoms regularly rather than occasionally finding a good group to keep in one piece.

Still wish I remembered the name of the ones at that biolab. I'd be rez grenading them all day every day. The zerg actually gave up and ran for the nearest tech plant after a while right after I suggested it in a yell. That was funny as shit.
    That's not what was apparent in your original post.

Us "geniuses" have a good reason to claim that outfits are the end all be all. Outfits are ALWAYS better than randoms. Really. Even a bad outfit has more organization than the zerg.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Urgh kill me now.

In about an hour its round 2 of trying to teach my mothers friend, who is turkish and dosnt speak english well. How to use her new laptop and windows 8.

I really hate win8.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Hai Frey! How's the Master of Melon Mastery and Mayhem this afternoon?
    Don't ask.

Yourself?

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I really hate win8.
    Good luck and godspeed; you'll need it.

I could smell the steaming pile of crap that is Windows 8 a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Don't ask.

Yourself?
    But I did ask. That bad, huh? Well, whatever's wrong I hope turns out OK.

As for myself, I'm just waiting for a little while longer to eat something. I desperately want the ravioli in the fridge, but I have been having issues with acid reflux/heartburn, and I just took my antibiotic which doesn't allow me to have antacids within 2 hours.

So it's either eat it anyway and have heartburn I can do absolutely nothing about, or wait and be hungry for a while, and then have it.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2013-01-18 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh will you stop that, Blue :P You're actually allowed to express thoughts and feelings about how you are and how your life is going. [insert "Eternal Demands It" stamp here]
    Well, if starfish demands it...

Anyway, yes. I had depression for a good four years or something like that, and it is crippling. You're no longer really yourself, but more like a hollow shell. Nothing really excites you or makes you happy. You just kind of exist. A combination of medication and therapy helped me recover (although honestly the work I was doing with myself was more helpful than the therapist, but at least the meds were useful). Fortunately, I've been able to be off the meds for almost 10 years now (go me!), but it was a bitch and a half to get there.

The purpose of the meds isn't to cloak over your symptoms or put you into a happy stupor, but to kind of dig you out of the hole just enough so that you can see the world again. The rest is up to you.
    That's kind of the thing with depression, isn't it? Drugs and therapy can only show you how much you stand to gain. You have to make the change yourself or it won't last.

There is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to depression. It is a real illness, and should be treated as such. And also, you're not alone.
    I'm not ashamed so much as...angry and disappointed. I don't want to be depressed because it means everything unsavory I've done in the past few years can be dismissed by "I was depressed". I don't want to have that. I'm angry and disappointed because I wasn't able to get past it on my own...

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Tbh Meli you are doing the right thing and dont worry about talking about yourself again.

All of us missed you a lot, now your back its a big step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Feel free to. It apparently should help to get things off your chest and whatnot, right?
    It does, but...well, one of my problems is that while most of the time I can shut down my emotions, they build up and explode at rather unfortunate moments, almost always at people I'm friends with or people I at the very least like. Being friends with me is kind of a bitch sometimes, I'm emotionally volatile in every sense of the word, but it's tempered because I don't explode at people I don't know. Which of course means it's usually my friends who get emotional molotovs thrown at them.

Yeah, I'm sticking with W7. Totally fine with it, although I really need to save up for a new computer, this'un's starting to croak.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;DI7YDIaU-4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI7YDIaU-4I[/viddeo]
    Shaedy Sands!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    That's not what was apparent in your original post.

Us "geniuses" have a good reason to claim that outfits are the end all be all. Outfits are ALWAYS better than randoms. Really. Even a bad outfit has more organization than the zerg.
    Personal experience says otherwise. Maybe I just keep running into portions of a zerg outfit, I don't know. But I see them ruined every damn time. That Lab aside most of my successes have been with random squads. There was ONE time when I saw an NC outfit do mildly well. They got shut down hard by a single, smaller group from a VS outfit that holed up in an amp station. Maybe Miller blue and jaegar red are just bloody awful and Lithcorp purples are just good, I don't know WHY but all my experience says simply being in an outfit means dick if it's a bad outfit. I'll keep supporting randomly until I get an invite from one that actually knows they have to hold the areas AROUND a base to cap it before the rest of the map falls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    It does, but...well, one of my problems is that while most of the time I can shut down my emotions, they build up and explode at rather unfortunate moments, almost always at people I'm friends with or people I at the very least like. Being friends with me is kind of a bitch sometimes, I'm emotionally volatile in every sense of the word, but it's tempered because I don't explode at people I don't know. Which of course means it's usually my friends who get emotional molotovs thrown at them.
    I for one just keep it all in my head and rarely talk to anyone about anything. I'm a quiet sort. Also I think I can't explode, I'm too good natured for that. D:
    I mean I didn't even fight back bullies back when I was a kid, I just let them toss me around until they got bored and left since I didn't want to cause any further trouble by fighting back.

Oh, and welcome back at least for now, since it does seem you've started to post again. ^^

You saw nothing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not ashamed so much as...angry and disappointed. I don't want to be depressed because it means everything unsavory I've done in the past few years can be dismissed by "I was depressed". I don't want to have that. I'm angry and disappointed because I wasn't able to get past it on my own...
    Well, not necessarily. Let's take my own example:

Back when I was a teenager, yours truly actually got picked up by the police. (Shocker, I know.) That was during the time when I had depression, but depression had nothing to do with my decision at the time (it was actually an overwhelming need to appease a boyfriend, but that's another story for another day). That was just me being a dumbass.

If you want to own up to what you've done, you can do that regardless of whether you were depressed at the time.

And as for getting past it on your own...are you angry and disappointed when you can't beat a respiratory infection on your own? How about a broken bone? The brain is just as susceptible to illness as everything else.

Yeah, I'm sticking with W7. Totally fine with it, although I really need to save up for a new computer, this'un's starting to croak.
    I freaking love Win7. I loved it since beta testing.

Watching Pro LoL, if you see Olaf building health and armour. Why the fuck isnt the ADC building Blade of the ruined king?

Seriously dont let Azubu Blaze have Olaf, he will shit on top lane. End up 5/0, fed as fuck and make for an unpleasent game.

/rant

Deleted
    As I also mentioned yesterday, I actually had the money for mine for a month but wasn't allowed to use it since my mum had no idea if she could afford to pay for my license at all. She didn't, now there's a nice round 0 on my account.

Granted, I got mine working properly again by cleaning the fan and graphics card for the first time in ~2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, I got mine working properly again by cleaning the fan and graphics card for the first time in ~2 years.
    Ew, I can't imagine that was a pretty sight.

Reminds me of the first clog I got in my vacuum in the like 3 years I've owned it. I was like "ew, how does this much stuff even fit in these pipes?! D:"

Deleted
    Ew, I can't imagine that was a pretty sight.
    Pieces of dust as thick and long as my thumb.

Deleted
    But I did ask. That bad, huh? Well, whatever's wrong I hope turns out OK.

As for myself, I'm just waiting for a little while longer to eat something. I desperately want the ravioli in the fridge, but I have been having issues with acid reflux/heartburn, and I just took my antibiotic which doesn't allow me to have antacids within 2 hours.

So it's either eat it anyway and have heartburn I can do absolutely nothing about, or wait and be hungry for a while, and then have it.
    teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeernal! how are miniternal and mrternal doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pieces of dust as thick and long as my thumb.

Ewwwwwww.

But it probably worked like a champ as soon as you cleaned it, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeernal! how are miniternal and mrternal doing?
    Miniternal's currently kicking the crap out of me, and Mr. Eternal is also sick. The doctor's not quite sure what he's got besides "some respiratory thing", but he's also on the exact same antibiotics I am.

Deleted
    Miniternal's currently kicking the crap out of me, and Mr. Eternal is also sick. The doctor's not quite sure what he's got besides "some respiratory thing", but he's also on the exact same antibiotics I am.
    sooo much awwwwww =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one just keep it all in my head and rarely talk to anyone about anything. I'm a quiet sort. Also I think I can't explode, I'm too good natured for that. D:
    I mean I didn't even fight back bullies back when I was a kid, I just let them toss me around until they got bored and left since I didn't want to cause any further trouble by fighting back.

Oh, and welcome back at least for now, since it does seem you've started to post again. ^^

You saw nothing!
    I'd like to think of myself as polite and generally good-natured, but I can't rein my emotions in all the time. It's not always negative) see the link in my sig), but most of the time it is.

Also:

If you want to own up to what you've done, you can do that regardless of whether you were depressed at the time.
    I know I can. Personally I won't ever blame it on depression, but other people might, to which my reply would likely be "Yeah, because I didn't have a strong enough will to not be depressed".

And as for getting past it on your own...are you angry and disappointed when you can't beat a respiratory infection on your own? How about a broken bone? The brain is just as susceptible to illness as everything else.
    True, but still...my thing is if I can endure hardship (in any form) on my own, without dependence or reliance on other things (or people), I'll walk away stronger and better for it in the end. Granted I'm not very physically fit nor is my diet, er...balanced, but it's still frustrating.

I freaking love Win7. I loved it since beta testing.
    I can hardly use XP anymore. I keep pressing Win+Arrows and getting frustrated because windows don't snap like they do in W7. So very time efficient, it's beautiful.

Hey guys. How are we all?