Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Voted yes, but as has been mentioned at the start (and throughout the entirety) of this thread, I'd like to see the Justice Point ugprade NPC stick around. Justice is more or less worthless a week after you ding - but upgrading a couple 463 pieces has often been the push I've needed to get my alts to LFR-level.

Deleted
    No. It's a good way to "nerf" content overtime without trivializing it with powerful buffs or nerfs like ICC and Dragon Soul.
    Also even in worst RNG case scenario you ARE progressing your character, even that one tiny +4ilvl bit. It's a good feeling, I don't want to have it taken away.
    It's a GOOD THING, well except maybe PvP gear. Valor is pretty much useless in heroic raiding if not for BiS upgrade system.

I've been victim of one of the most cruel RNG streaks ever seen in WoW, after 3 and a half months of ACTIVE raiding & coins I still sport blue weapon, unable to use any of the legendary quest shit I got in my bank. This upgrade feature gave me 8 ilvls on weapon, I'd be stuck with 463 without it, at least I have 471 thanks to it. For such assonite situations this tool is a godsend. Every week a progress.

I only care for being able to upgrade in the last mop tier really.

I don't see why people had issues with this.. we had to grind 6k VP anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't a big fan of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It was a horrible system to begin with. Aaaaaaand painful if you upgraded an item and an upgrade would drop a day later...... or worse and the item that drops would be an upgrade if it was upgraded as well but right now it's slightly shittiër....
    That's why you upgrade items that you WONT be seeing any time soon, like if you like me have lfr weapons and know that you're not gonna get a norm version any time soon then you upgrade that.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It seems like the real debate is over whether or to what extent you should use valor points for upgrading epic gear, however almost everyone agrees that it is extremely useful for Justice Points (and whats with the JP system now, you can't even buy 463 gear with JPs so aside from upgrading gear from 5 mans and heirlooms JP has become completely useless. If things stay the way they are, it is really going to be bad trying to level alts after 5.2 since even if they move the old 489 VP gear to JPs you will still need to grind out all those reps for each individual alt. With no upgrades at all, how are new characters even going to get the requisite 470 ilvl for doing all of the first tier LFRs? Removing upgrading altogether actually means they are regressing towards making endgame character progression even more daily grinding and gearlevel 'walling' oriented.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is kind of an alarming trend within the community that every single new feature merits some "remove it" thread.
    Youre surprised people are talking about things in a game on a forum that is exactly for that purpose?
    /mind=blown.

OT: Yes i do support it, it was just one more thing to grind out imo.

Let me ask you guys this, how is it a bad thing, when the upgrading gave you barely any stats at all?

It's not like upgrading to the next tier of gear, its not even on par.

They should leave it in. It actually gives me something to do with the valor points I earn unlike previous tiers where after the first month I would have nothing to spend it on and it just sits at 3k points.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blizzard has stated themselves that the feature is going away in 5.2. It could return in 5.3 but we don't know that yet.
    This is what actually pisses me off though. When they were developing this system, did no-one do the maths on how this would effect the next tier? This feels like really sloppy work and I am really angry that a company as large as Blizzard couldn't do some number crunching, that took 5 minutes by the community.

Deleted
    I will be happy to see it go away, it was acceptable because of the Black Prince quest but without that...

im ok with
    -being able to upgrade blues (this was good way to get into lfr)
    -bring it back once 5.1/5.3/5.5 non raid patch comes out (somewhat 2 months after raid patch)

i dont get why people would want to spend their vp on old item because buying a single item will be alot better than spending 1.5k on single piece to increase ilvl
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i dont get why people would want to spend their vp on old item because buying a single item will be alot better than spending 1.5k on single piece to increase ilvl
    Not for Mages, all 489 gear has only hit/crit on it. So you're far better off upgrading your LFR gear from 483 to 487/491, because crit (and hit beyond cap) is useless for Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It was a horrible system to begin with. Aaaaaaand painful if you upgraded an item and an upgrade would drop a day later...... or worse and the item that drops would be an upgrade if it was upgraded as well but right now it's slightly shittiër....
    That's your fault for not choosing to gear up/upgrade smart and not planning for the long term.

I am completely baffled by the results of the poll. I would've reckon it was a 99% NO response.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I do think they should keep the JP part of it open. If for no other reason then helping hybrid classes a bit or to help add to the small list of uses for JP. I have 2 toons that had a blue item that I still cant catch upgrades for so making it slightly better helps some. When RNG is a cruel bastard this helps some. The valor stuff I guess I understand as they have hinted at not as many ppl are jumping on the PTRs as in the past so some things like this get tested live and pulled rather then not really tested in the PTR.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:03 AM ----------

I am sure a lot of this has to do with pvp also. In the first month or two of the next season you will have some of the ppl that get lucky with their Sha type drops then are on high rated RBG/arena teams fully geared and upgrading destroying ppl who are just joing bgs and what not. The pvp gear gap was rather large this season due to pvp power and we are at the start of the expansion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    NO! I hate that they're removing item upgrades! Upgrading my items is fun. It lets me take a good item and make it even better. I don't feel pressured to upgrade every single item like some people seem to, why should I? Why worry about something that's literally impossible? You're never going to get enough VP to get 2/2 in every slot so just chill. I just take the items I like, such as my Relic of Xuen, well itemized tier pieces, etc. and upgrade them, and it's fun.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-01-14 at 09:08 AM.

I think gear upgrading is an excellent idea for PvE, but for PvP it's just an abysmal addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blizzard has stated themselves that the feature is going away in 5.2. It could return in 5.3 but we don't know that yet.
    As long as I get a sha touched weapon before 5.2 - I wont complain, but I definitely want to upgrade the weapon x2, the rest of the slots I really don't care about.

Deleted
    Hate it, adding in yet more ilevels into the mix is a bad move when there is already a high enough gear disparity between Heroic 5 man, LFR, Normal Raid and HC Raid ilevels.

Spending Justice/Valour on items to combat the awful RNG of bad drops is a good thing, but the upgrade feature throws a massive curve ball in how high gear curve goes each expansion. Frankly I think the gear curve is way too high even before it was added.