Poll: Do you want the upgrade NPC removed?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i
    i dont get why people would want to spend their vp on old item because buying a single item will be alot better than spending 1.5k on single piece to increase ilvl
    I'm not likely to get a normal weapon for some time yet - so upgrading that to 491 will keep me going for a bit, also - I've only got another 2 slots to spent VP on, after that it may go to waste.

Deleted
    My one and only problem with removing the option for 5.1 gear are Sha-touched weapons.

You're going to keep them to the point where you complete the 5.2 quest, which probably offers you an item to upgrade your weapon. And now imagine you've to use a 0/2 LFR or Normal weapon for 3 more month after 5.2. I hate the low drop rates or bad luck -_-.

10+ Year Old Account
    I neither support it being removed, nor did I support it being added in the first place. I've never even bothered using it. On the other hand, it's BS to add some sort of new feature one patch, and then remove it the next. Constant flip-flopping on decisions is just a beginning at worse things to come.

Deleted
    I´m loving it, cant be bothered to do a million dailies to get reputation enough to buy items.
    by the time I´m exalted. my gear will be better than the stuff I can buy.
    So I can chose to spend my VP on upgrades.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, So GC said they'd be removing it at the start of 5.2 and their plan at the moment (though subject to change) is to bring it back later.

Also a few weeks back he said something about buffing 25 man raiding but that the idea might be a bit controversial.

During some of the discussions about how to incentivise 25 man raiding, some suggested the idea of having pre-upgraded gear drop in 25 man. This would give an advantage to 25 man raiding progression without actually making it so that 10 man raiding could not get the same gear (it would just take longer).

So I know it's a long shot, but maybe they are thinking of dropping pre-upgraded gear from 25 man in 5.2. By removing the upgrade NPC for a while, this will give 25 man raiders a real advantage in the progression race. Later on the vendor returns and 10 man raiders can still get their gear.

If this is indeed their plan I think it's ingenious.

Blizzard said Valor was supposed to be a seperate progression path, connected with dailies, or a consolation prize for raiding. Item upgrades make capping valor mandatory for people who want to min/max for raiding(which is supposed to be a seperate progression path)
    I like the idea of upgrading your gear, I just don't feel like the implementation was the right one.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    No way, at least JPs still have a bit of use until you manage to replace all your blues

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Ok, So GC said they'd be removing it at the start of 5.2 and their plan at the moment (though subject to change) is to bring it back later.

Also a few weeks back he said something about buffing 25 man raiding but that the idea might be a bit controversial.

During some of the discussions about how to incentivise 25 man raiding, some suggested the idea of having pre-upgraded gear drop in 25 man. This would give an advantage to 25 man raiding progression without actually making it so that 10 man raiding could not get the same gear (it would just take longer).

So I know it's a long shot, but maybe they are thinking of dropping pre-upgraded gear from 25 man in 5.2. By removing the upgrade NPC for a while, this will give 25 man raiders a real advantage in the progression race. Later on the vendor returns and 10 man raiders can still get their gear.

If this is indeed their plan I think it's ingenious.
    There is no reason to give 25 mans better gear. They have stated hundreds of times at this poing that better gear in 25s benefits the wrong ppl. The only reason 25s are more difficult is the stuff the ppl running it have to do to make them happen. For the ppl that g on and on about how it needs better gear so ppl will do them and they don't die, sorry but if ppl really wanted to run them they would you don't need to bribe ppl to dosomething they want to do they would already do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

As someone who did 3 days of GL dailies then stopped right there, what am I supposed to do with valor? I had 2 months of real life intrusion that limited me to basically running LFR on 1 character per week. I'm not quite sure what's next for me in WoW but doing hours of dailies just to be able to spend valor isn't it.

I really don't know who Blizzard is trying to make happy with the awkward mix of currency, rep gating, dailies, et cetera, in MoP. I'm pretty sure it's not me though.

i liked the idea blizzard mentioned to stop rolling out nerfs on old raids. higher ilvl = more success

tho tad on the expensive side. maybe 500vp a piece

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    But I think the technical part of enabling for only some gear is too hard.
    I think it is better to turn it off.
    You're joking, right? Because that's how it already works right now. Or is it new trend to pre-excuse Blizzard on everything in advance even before they say anything?

On topic. I was opposed to this feature because simple several facts:
    1) It REQUIRES 6 months of non-stop VP capping AFTER reaching BiS which is fucktardedly insane time sink for any player with job and real life.
    2) Top guilds WILL have that BiS and those 6 months, so on introduction of new tier they rolfstomp all encounters with superior gear. Either that or overturning to make stuff challenging for top guilds and impossible for rest.
    3) that comes from first two: it is rich getting richer and poor getting bitter scheme.

I'm glad that Blizzard seems to finally understood this and pulled back this poor thought out scheme.

I'd like it to be renoved all together, it males gearing alts a pain in the arse! Especially for pvp, it increases thesdifferece between a newly dinged 90 and someone wgo has played since the beginning of the aeason huge

10+ Year Old Account
    O don't mind if they remove it (temporarily or permanent). As long as they find something meaningful to spend VP on I'm OK with it.

Deleted
    I like it and I hope it's back in 5.2.1

I really hope they going to remove it temporarly for 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, etc (major patches) and restore it for minor patches in between (5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.3.1, 5.3.x, etc). It works great that way, it gives possibility to spend VP and I just like the gear upgrades (better that getting new gear with extra 4/8 ilvl)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There is no reason to give 25 mans better gear. They have stated hundreds of times at this poing that better gear in 25s benefits the wrong ppl. The only reason 25s are more difficult is the stuff the ppl running it have to do to make them happen. For the ppl that g on and on about how it needs better gear so ppl will do them and they don't die, sorry but if ppl really wanted to run them they would you don't need to bribe ppl to dosomething they want to do they would already do it.
    For what it's worth, I actually agree with you 100%.

That being said, the devs have made it quite clear that they are not happy with the state of 25 mans and want to do something to make it more popular, but without forcing 10 man raiders to do 25 man raiding to achieve the same endgame rewards.

Rewarding pre-upgraded gear to 25 man raiders just seems to me like a good way to achieve both objectives simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    For what it's worth, I actually agree with you 100%.

That being said, the devs have made it quite clear that they are not happy with the state of 25 mans and want to do something to make it more popular, but without forcing 10 man raiders to do 25 man raiding to achieve the same endgame rewards.

Rewarding pre-upgraded gear to 25 man raiders just seems to me like a good way to achieve both objectives simultaneously.
    That is giving them months worth of valor for free and also gear that is upgraded when the other stuff cannot be. Blizzard makes some boneheaded moves forgetting or overlooking how the players will react. If they did this ppl would certainly feel the need to do 25 mans, it wouldnt be as bad as it was in Wrath since the items are the same just more or less of the same stats, it would still be an issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    What? It's not being removed, it's going away in raid patches and will be back on the interim patch.

Once 5.3 is out the VP upgrade system will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    As someone who did 3 days of GL dailies then stopped right there, what am I supposed to do with valor? I had 2 months of real life intrusion that limited me to basically running LFR on 1 character per week.
    Klaxxi rep takes something like 2 hour to get to revered. Other than that, if you've not even got enough time to do dailies, do you really NEED epic gear so quickly? Advance at the speed you're getting LFR gear - if that's all you've got time for then it's not like you're VP capping too quickly.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-14 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As long as I get a sha touched weapon before 5.2 - I wont complain, but I definitely want to upgrade the weapon x2, the rest of the slots I really don't care about.
    I hadn't thought about that...

This sucks. They should keep it for JP and the Sha-Touched weapons then, unless they have some sort of clever idea on how to handle that already.

I don't like to use the same currency for buying new gear, and updating old. But adding a third currency would just be stupid, so im happy they are removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    yeah I really dont get why they are removing the ability to upgrade pre-5.2 gear. Its so weird.
    Because it will be obsolete anyway.

Seriously, are you going to spend 1500 VP upgrading ilvl 496 boots to ilvl 504, or are you going to buy a new pair of boots with ilvl 540 (or whatever is used in 5.2) for a similar amount?