Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    my dog never did that :\ he licked one once, but never actually ate it. he would rather step in it, and make as much mess as possible.
    Ah! more disgustingness. You are not selling this to me....

I think dogs are disgusting and I try to stop them from licking and drooling over me if I can. It has nothing to do with bacteria or fear of disease or whatever, it's the fact that their saliva is slimy and gross and that they smell like shit.

Deleted
    I let my dog lick my face idgaf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    Ah! more disgustingness. You are not selling this to me....

was a springer, he would have been happy living in his own shit :P seriously, for that breed the more shit/mud the better for them, anything they can make a mess with :P

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the better question is "What are the tangible risks in letting a dog occasionally like your face?"

It's a pro/con issue, IMO. Sure, there might be the small chance of catching something from your dog. But the other side is that it's enjoyable to bond with your pets and not discourage them from showing affection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I never said it bothered me, but it's factually accurate that a dog's mouth causes less harm to a human than other humans. Buttholes included.
    Yeah, that's if you only look at the germ side and ignore all the things that go through their mouths and all the things they lick.

Deleted
    Would you shove your face into a dogs genitals? Becausethats where the dogs tounge has been beforehand. So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yeah, that's if you only look at the germ side and ignore all the things that go through their mouths and all the things they lick.
    But their mouths are self-cleansing. And their food is designed to clean their mouth as well. Humans have put their mouths in just as bad places but no one seems to have a problem with that.

Deleted
    The real question should be, why don't we lick dogs?
    ~snip~

No memes.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-14 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get it either. I mean they lick their ass and shit come on, it's not about getting sick or whatever, it's disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    But their mouths are self-cleansing. And their food is designed to clean their mouth as well. Humans have put their mouths in just as bad places but no one seems to have a problem with that.
    They don't have acidic saliva though. They just have stuff that kills bacteria. And yeah, humans put their mouths in just as bad places but, first of all, they're the places of my same species and second of all humans have access to things like shower gels to clean such places and all humans do that. Whereas dogs get cleaned once a week, run around the street butt naked, lick their own genitals, shove the asses of other dogs up their faces and then lick their masters. And I'm supposed to not be disgusted?

If you had a hippo or a cow licking you, which is arguably less disgusting, you'd think that was disgusting.
    A cow? I would probably let a cow or horse or wolf or hyena or lion lick my face. Hippo? Fuck no. I would never go near a damn hippo's mouth. I would be too damn scared about the possibility of getting swallowed. It's why I would never swim with a whale shark no matter how much anyone paid me to do so. Anything else with a relatively small enough mouth, sure. They could lick my face if they wanted.

They don't have acidic saliva though. They just have stuff that kills bacteria. And yeah, humans put their mouths in just as bad places but, first of all, they're the places of my same species and second of all humans have access to things like shower gels to clean such places and all humans do that. Whereas dogs get cleaned once a week, run around the street butt naked, lick their own genitals, shove the asses of other dogs up their faces and then lick their masters. And I'm supposed to not be disgusted?
    Are you disgusted by the fact that there is bacteria present? If so, you've addressed that point yourself.

Are you disgusted by the fact that they lick their assholes which they don't clean? Well, as long as there is no bacteria present, its no worse than kissing girls who slobber on guys' dongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that humans are the same species is the entire problem. You can't get sick from the bacteria in a dog's mouth, but you can get sick from the bacteria from other humans. How often do other humans really clean themselves. Shower once a day, maybe ... wash their hands a few times a day, maybe. There are probably more disease causing germs/bacteria on a door handle in a public restroom that you touch AFTER you wash your hands than there is in a dog's mouth.

I'm not saying to not be disgusted by dogs, I just feel that if you are going to be such a little girl about dogs, then the information available about the diseases humans spread should at least equally disgust you and cause you to not want to even look at other humans.

Idc what people say i'm NOT letting my dog lick my face after he just licked his wiener lol but my brother does!
    Last edited by expectwar; 2013-01-14 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    What? has this tread still not derailed in a 'post funny pictures of dogs eating poo'-thread?
    I am very dissapointed.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-14 at 07:39 PM.

I don't let my dogs lick me because their breath smells like their butthole.
    They're also known to eat their own shit right after eating too :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    "a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's" has been proven wrong.
    This, why do people still believe a dog's mouth is cleaner?

My dogs don't lick faces as I trained them well. I also avoid licks from other animals, but if it happens I raise my voice and they know not to do it again.

You can't really control it sometimes it just happens when it does it's no big deal I don't get pissed at my dog or anything its kinda fun actually. But I don't ask for it either (i.e. put my face close to my dogs mouth). Also lots of people need to get out more, I did a lot more nasty things when I was a kid and I'm NEVER sick, but all the 12 year old gladiators and kids in top tier guilds seem to get sick all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i let my dog lick my face....though he no longer does that anymore.he mostly just sleeps.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-17 at 04:39 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.