Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One fine day it will be fixed..
    Ooo wait, i think they just broke BM in PVP....and now they are thinking to give hunter back a broken spec. If you see the effort/changes that blizzard put in for other class vs hunter, it feels like there is someone that hates hunter so bad, and decided to not give a 2nd look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I would personally welcome this, I don't think many people will be interested in the ''do nothing but channel long boring things'' gameplay. It might also cause issues late in the expansion depending on how high our focus regeneration with cooldowns will be. The latter is just a guess, as no one knows how the rest of the expansion will look like.
    That's why I hate people and why I miss fireland MM and wotlk MM.
    RIP in pieces MM, you're too cool for the plebs.

Deleted
    None of current "buffs" will bring mm back.Flat dmg boost or it still will be weak in pve.

Another PTR build, and again not a single change to Hunters... losing my hopes here...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Another PTR build, and again not a single change to Hunters... losing my hopes here...
    Sad thing is GC went on interview after interview talking about how they wanted to fix hunters, now they do nothing to change them.

Even if they gave damage buffs to Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot, that doesn't change the fact that all the spec has is Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot. Two abilities does not equal a spec. That is the laziest and most uninteresting design I've ever seen. There's literally nothing fun or useful about MM right now. No utility to its name, you literally get no spells for choosing MM. At least BM and Survival have things like Entrapment, Intimidation, Bestial Wrath, Focus Fire. MM has nothing really. Just a signature ability that is literally nothing more than a hard-hitting Arcane Shot, and Aimed Shot and it's RNG mechanic. Cool.

Needs a redesign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    There's literally nothing fun or useful about MM right now. No utility to its name, you literally get no spells for choosing MM. At least BM and Survival have things like Entrapment, Intimidation, Bestial Wrath, Focus Fire. MM has nothing really.
    Really? Entrapment and Focus Fire?
    How about Steady Focus? Or maybe less interesting mechanics like Piercing Shots, Careful Aim and Concussive Barrage?

There are so little changes in abilities between the specs and yet the spec plays completely differently. This is fine in my eyes, we don't need to be Druids who get a billion different abilities and a completely different role just from changing specs. The playstyle is completely different just because of a few passives. I honestly like it. My only gripes are Chimera and Aimed Shot costing just a little bit too much focus. It's difficult to weave in things like Murder of Crows because of that.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-01-31 at 12:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I'm doing bgs as MM and I make it happen. I'm not going to say that one pvp buzz word that everyone freaks out over, "viable" but it's still fun, wayyyy more fun than facerolling bm spec

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I'm doing bgs as MM and I make it happen. I'm not going to say that one pvp buzz word that everyone freaks out over, "viable" but it's still fun, wayyyy more fun than facerolling bm spec
    if you think BM is faceroll then you are simply bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Sadly, I feel you. It's starting to be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I have fun facerolling noobs in battlegrounds and BM does that the best.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Sadly, I feel you. It's starting to be disappointing.
    I agree, I just want some changes. I don't want them to pull another 5.0 - 5.1 kind of thing.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    if you think BM is faceroll then you are simply bad
    HAHA please don't concern yourself with my comment. BM is a very faceroll spec to play, no two ways about it...the fact you think it isn't says an awful lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I have fun facerolling noobs in battlegrounds and BM does that the best.

I agree, I just want some changes. I don't want them to pull another 5.0 - 5.1 kind of thing.
    told you back when the PTR started this was gonna happen. With all the various class changes hunters are gonna be right back where they were at 5.1 they will have to hot buff hunters across the board just so they are allowing in anything more then LFR.

On top of that the "token" change to marsk will do basically nothing for the spec, as it sits now if they hot fixed that change even with the t14 4 piece it wouldn't match up to BM and SV, it won't get much if any closer once that 4pc gets broken next tier.

relaxe guys. it'll probably be as in 5.1: 3 days after the patch goes live after weeks of testing, the'll bring some major ninja hotfix stuff

All Classes got attention but Hunters, they just ignore the class i really dont understand how come other classes that in much better place get attention and hunters not. MM is pure shit and don't defend blizzard the spec need a major buff. make some noise, spam GC's twitter nothing will happend if we wont demand it to happen.

You guys are way too critical of everything you read. They have already stated and I have talked to multiple class devs who will remain nameless and they're not ignoring the issues hunters have. They're well aware of them. They don't want to put out a band-aid that will last for a few weeks. Shame on them for wanting to come up with a solution for the minor issues we're facing as a class and not break everything else in the process. Also, if you have gear you can do just fine as any spec. You just have to know how to play it and play it well. Stop crying because you aren't performing well as a spec no one is playing because everyone else is min/maxing. NO ONE is forcing you to be BM. Play MM and be good at it or cry to your guildies about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I would personally welcome this, I don't think many people will be interested in the ''do nothing but channel long boring things'' gameplay. It might also cause issues late in the expansion depending on how high our focus regeneration with cooldowns will be. The latter is just a guess, as no one knows how the rest of the expansion will look like.
    I don't know if it's ever going to get so bad where you're generating enough focus to get (or need to) back to back to back Aimed Shots at any level of haste. I don't have any sims at theoretical gear levels to back that, mind you, but as focus regen goes up with haste, the cast time on AS should go down too. I'm sure it's not going to be a neutral gain (Less time aimed shot casting, less time to regen the focus spent on the cast.)

It would be neat, though, to have the option to have a substyle of MM that uses Aimed instead of Arcane entirely, to give you more of a heavy-nuker feel, like a caster, rather than something more arms-warrior like, where cast-time attacks like slam are weaved in when you need a button to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    All Classes got attention but Hunters, they just ignore the class i really dont understand how come other classes that in much better place get attention and hunters not. MM is pure shit and don't defend blizzard the spec need a major buff. make some noise, spam GC's twitter nothing will happend if we wont demand it to happen.
    No offense but I've swapped from Pally main to Hunter main and I heard exactly the same shit in the Paladin forums.

Oh wait but they are changing Pallys you say?

Well excluding Holy, which is always the only useable spec, here is how Paladins stand.

Ret isn't viable in PvP at all since every other plate does it better. To fix this they have given them a magic ability cleanse which 80% of retardins will ignore and 95% of arena teams and RBGs will ignore.

They are viable in PvE except for having a dps which is almost exclusively hinging off cooldowns and a rotation where the most interesting thing is keeping up a 30 second buff which you can write a sequence macro for in about 30 seconds.

Prot isn't valuable in PvP at all because it hinges of vengeance and no vengeance for PvP. No reason to bring them over a prot war for mobility and literally no changes being made to fix this. Blizz doesn't what prot in PvP.

Prot was valuable in PvE and was in a great place, Blizzard has decided to "fix" this by removing the one interesting playstyle (haste priority) and turn them back into passive stat-stack and afk tanks.

Why do you care?

Well my point is simple. Yes, other classes are getting changes. Yes, hunters aren't getting much changes. But that doesn't mean other classes are getting buffed from the ground up while we are left high and dry. In fact some of the choices for other classes make little to no sense and will probably make things worse.

Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily a good thing. Let's just be happy they are adding some QoL things like Marked for Death being mainline and aren't making things any worse than they already are.

Why is a Paladin being discussed in this topic?
    And btw, BM is just sad atm...but it's fun to see noobie running for their lifes when they see BW is on...and they don't CC the pet lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    MM IS coming back 5.2. That's not this bullshit attempt of buff (Aimed shot cast time reduced) that will cause it, but sheer gear.

MM is the most gear (bow) dependant spec ever. The same thing was in Cata -MM started broken and useless, and after a while, during Firelands, it kicked major ass. With Lei Shens [Longbow thet Does Thunders] MM will race to the top of the recount, dont worry.