10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    They changed it so melee (tanks included obviously) cannot be the target of it.

Also I'm starting to hate this legendary cloak. It's so RNG. 1 attempt it has 8.9% uptime, the next attempt it has 18.2% uptime, then has 12.5% uptime. Seriously it sucks so much. On 1 Siegecrafter Blackfuse test I had 3 procs of the legendary cloak in TWENTY-THREE seconds at the start of the encounter (there is no damage for the first minute). It didn't proc again for the entire fight, and the cloak did 102k healing in total with 96.2% overheal. Annoying is the word I would use to best describe this annoying cloak.
    Yeah...

I don't think Blizz got it. RNG is pretty fucked up for healers, dude. I mean, they want us to heal shit that ISN'T RNG with RNG spells. Seriously, we have a CHANCE "rolling a dice" to proc this smart heal, but it can totally proc ONLY on no-damage phases and NEVER proc on high damage phases.

RNG is TERRIBLE, imho. RNG trinks, like HLG, even Lei Shen's? Fine! But putting RNG on procs like this one from the cloak is kinda fucked up, imo. Healing becomes some sort of gamble, since we're not supposed to "maybe heal if the RNG god allow us", but to HEAL ASAP when someone drops low.

It makes the game a little more balanced and harder, yes, but I don't know about you guys... I hate so much RNG on healers...
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    "Spoils of Pandaria - We can't be targetted by Mantid bombs, that makes the encounter enjoyable for me."

Did they change it? On 10m you definitely do.
    Apparently they did change it, none of our melees or myself ever got targeted.

And yeah, nice topping the meters on Immerseus (and by alot!) and Blackfuse.

slightly off topic but on topic in the general sense. there is an unconfirmed flat 30% nerf to healing rain currently on the PTR. don't want to cry wolf too early, but this seems like a nice balance with how OP they resto was stacked.

on topic what are the final #s for the different proc trinkets, i know they kept changing the proc chance on the cleave one. the healing amp one seem mandatory for sure, but second once i'm not 100% on. i don't see myself realistically getting the dps amp on in the near future so is the cleave the next in line?

also we had too many heals and not enough dps on bench tonight for tortos so i got to fistweave it and dps the bats. did 180kdps and 150k hps XD was kinda fun

Deleted
    "Spoils of Pandaria - We can't be targetted by Mantid bombs, that makes the encounter enjoyable for me."

Did they change it? On 10m you definitely do.
    I was targeted every pull on both 10m normal and 10-14m flex.

I could only guess that Floopa had enough ranged for the encounter to class him as melee

New PTR build brings a number of exciting new changes to Monks and other healers! Please don't go berserk, these changes were necessary for 25 man raiding.

SCK, HR, Holy Radiance and HW:Sanc are now target capped at 6 constantly. What this means is that SCK, HR, Holy Radiance and HW:Sanc can never heal more than 6 targets per tick. For SCK this isn't too bad because it ticks fast anyway. For HR, Holy Radiance and HW:Sanc though it's a pretty big "nerf" to their overall output in my opinion. Secondly, it looks like if CT now has a DR. This sucks, but oh well. It's probably been done to reduce healing lag in 25 mans (both these changes seem to try and accomplish this).
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-08-21 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post

Here is what appears to be happening with it
    -The base healing has been reduced by 30%, but it still has the 100% HR buff on Purification for Resto, so it's been nerfed 30% across all 3 specs
    -It only heals 6 targets no matter how many targets are in the Healing Rain, and the healing done to each target stays at the same value (doesn't degrade)
    -It appears to be acting as a full smart heal and picking the 6 targets that are at the lowest HP ignoring pets

where did you find this?

Secondly, it looks like if CT now has a DR.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

New PTR build brings a number of exciting new changes to Monks and other healers!
    do you mind giving a link to complete list? can't find any patchnotes with the mentioned changes

Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
    I dunno, I hate CT. Maybe cos I come from a 10 man setup (I heal 25 man now though). I only find it easy to use on fights like Megaera, Lei shen and Ra-den. I would gladly just use Xuen and not loose mobility and wouldn't have to roll around like a crazy person

Deleted
    gughghhj ng this fucking SCK change owns so hard

gughghhj ng this fucking SCK change owns so hard
    I don't know about you but these changes make Monks fucking boss on encounters like Norushen and Thok. While Shaman are obviously #1 (duh, super stacking forever) we're a very close second and don't go OOM which is another awesome advantage.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    I dunno, I hate CT. Maybe cos I come from a 10 man setup (I heal 25 man now though). I only find it easy to use on fights like Megaera, Lei shen and Ra-den. I would gladly just use Xuen and not loose mobility and wouldn't have to roll around like a crazy person
    I'm not a huge fan myself with the exception of fights where stacking is involved, but mostly because it turns our mobility ability into a damage/healing ability and I'd sometimes end up using it on accident in instances of getting out of shit. And what SCK change are you guys speaking of?

Deleted
    I don't know about you but these changes make Monks fucking boss on encounters like Norushen and Thok. While Shaman are obviously #1 (duh, super stacking forever) we're a very close second and don't go OOM which is another awesome advantage.
    I couldn't really tell on thok there, I got fixated twice in a row a good half of the tries resulting in ReM going away

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    And what SCK change are you guys speaking of?
    /sign
    what the hell are you all talking about? where are the changes?? in some dev interviews or where are you getting the infos from??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    /sign
    what the hell are you all talking about? where are the changes?? in some dev interviews or where are you getting the infos from??
    SCK will heal a maximum of 6 people, but it chooses them intelligently. Basically SCK went from like 50-80% overheal in 25 to being almost fully effective and it is fucking nuts.

SCK will heal a maximum of 6 people, but it chooses them intelligently. Basically SCK went from like 50-80% overheal in 25 to being almost fully effective and it is fucking nuts.
    ah that's the thing they allready talked about before 5.3, but then trashed it. is quite imba for 25s thats for sure, and a nice change for 10s aswell ofc.
    anyway, where does it say that it's going live? source?

Deleted
    I couldn't really tell on thok there, I got fixated twice in a row a good half of the tries resulting in ReM going away
    Thok always fixates on the person furthest away. Its possible to out range it, but you need to be like on the other side of the platform from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimonk View Post
    Thok always fixates on the person furthest away. Its possible to out range it, but you need to be like on the other side of the platform from him.
    IDK about this, he did it twice in a row sometimes and I was definitely not the furthest away.

Does this change effect rotation to add SCK in? even with it costing sooo much mana?