Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It's definitely a female, with a sword, swinging it and pointing it into the ground like millions of nerds do every day.

I don't see it. But I did see it thousands of times at blizzcon by much uglier people, THOSE people should be sued.
    Watch that video and the Lich king trailer side by side you will see it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is a Clear rip off of silvermoon....
    I think it's just a metaphoric way of describing the moon. And Kael'Thas is a ummm... ancient... chinese poet? Alright yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Would be better for WoW to just sue to make it an official world of warcraft theme park, and they get a cut of the profit.
    Thing is because some things are bad rip offs if they did they would have to spin money to change the bad rip offs into what they really are.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Doesn't even resemble anything of WoW. Maybe that's statue of that wolf creature that looks like an normal orc stance, but it's to the point it's extremely petty for Blizzard to persue. Heck, that lady in the video reminded me of Ashe from LoL for a bit, but even then it's not from that game either. It's just generic fantasy theme that people are trying to waste time on.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think it's just a metaphoric way of describing the moon. And Kael'Thas is a ummm... ancient... chinese poet? Alright yeah it is.
    The Whole text in that pic shows its a rip off of silvermoon and that is the point.

Deleted
    A few links that haven't been mentioned so far.

The official site - http://joyland.ccjoy.com/joylandweb/

A bunch of pictures, definitely some WoW inspired stuff in there. Some very Silvermoon-ish architecture and one of the statues is clearly Sylvanas, Horde symbol included. The rest looks like incredibly generic fantasy stuff though. - http://rcdb.com/8981.htm?p=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post

This video pretty much sums up the copyright laws in China. That aside, I didn't really see any WoW advertisement, just things that look "vaguely" similar. A lot of mmorpgs now-a-days look "vaguely" similar, doesn't mean its automatically copyright infringement.
    Well, other than they directly use Keal'thas as a reference on their billboards...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugglebug View Post
    A few links that haven't been mentioned so far.

The official site - http://joyland.ccjoy.com/joylandweb/

A bunch of pictures, definitely some WoW inspired stuff in there. Some very Silvermoon-ish architecture and one of the statues is clearly Sylvanas, Horde symbol included. The rest looks like incredibly generic fantasy stuff though. - http://rcdb.com/8981.htm?p=0
    both links will be added to the original post and thx
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-17 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Whole text in that pic shows its a rip off of silvermoon and that is the point.
    Am I really going to have to put /humor at the end of my comments now? Of course it's a bloody ripoff of WoW stuff, on their old website they had an observatory type building on a hill that was a copy and paste of Bastion of Twilight. Sheesh lighten up brosky

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Am I really going to have to put /humor at the end of my comments now? Of course it's a bloody ripoff of WoW stuff, on their old website they had an observatory type building on a hill that was a copy and paste of Bastion of Twilight. Sheesh lighten up brosky
    mybad not good with noticing sarcasm threw thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is this a bad time to point out that the Lich King is basically a ripoff of Sauron?

PSH SHA right!!!

Everyone knows LOTR is for DORKS!!!

Not like wow, wow is AWESOME

amirite!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    China does what the fuck it likes. The Top Gear episode with the identical cars confirmed that.

Nothing about this 'theme park' is remotely similar, let alone appealing to Wow fans. It's garbage, just like most things China does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Nothing about this 'theme park' is remotely similar, let alone appealing to Wow fans. It's garbage, just like most things China does.
    Clearly you didn't read or look at any of the links posted and just commented on the title of the thread.

It isn't exactly copying WoW, its more of a fantasy based theme park. I didn't see anything WoW related there.

Blizz wont do shit

They want the chinese subs and they are too shit scared to piss off the chinese goverment

Just look at what they had to do with wrath to get it released over there

And TBH i saw the pics and i didnt see much warcraft shit just generic orcs and elves and blizz didnt come up with those they ripped those off from tolkien

ALSO if i wasnt so shit scared about going to china i would visit that theme park i love all that shit and i bet i could pick up some nice nerdy girls there
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-01-17 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is this a bad time to point out that the Lich King is basically a ripoff of Sauron?
    WHAT?!?! YOU MEAN BLIZZARD DOES NOTHING NEW AND ORIGINAL?!?!?!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

That aside, yeah, it surely is a questionable likeness, but I think Blizzard won't be able to do anything about it. China couldn't care less about copyrights.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard has elves and magic copyrighted, I see no ripoffs.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Me personally I think if blizzard steps in and shutdowns the park china will refuse the sell of any world of warcraft/blizzard entertainment items in China therefor will be a huge sub lost cause good change china will not let anyone play/run/buy wow there anymore.
    Do you think there are idiots in Blizzard shooting themselves in the leg?

Or Blizzard will take it to court and try to win it and make a profit off it. But once again if its not to china's liking the above may still happen.
    ROTFLMAO. To WHAT court? Chinese? They'll just tell them to GTFO. Anywhere else? They'd give a flying fuck to anywhere else, but they're out flying fucks to give.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IPWNFGZRS View Post
    Warcraft 1 came out in 1996, the Lord of the Rings films in 2001

I think you have that the wrong way round noob
    News flash! LotR movie is not the first thing in franchise.

Lots of mid evil armor looks alike you have to do better then that.

But please do it in another thread. This thread is about WOW/Blizzard and the china theme park lets keep it that way please. Don't want this thread derailed and closed cause of it.

But to add about that pic they do not look the same to me or even a rip off lich kings armor is a lot different.
    http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1...chwitchyi6.jpg