Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    whathever - its pointless so i can call you hardcore 10 man instance player or hardcore 5 man instance player if you wish.
    What, so anyone not playing 25man raiding is casual now? I'm sure the high end arena players and paragon will love to hear that.

Pvp got 1 nerf - blood fear - well totally different desing - and with only 5% hp cost its not so easy to tell if its so huge nerf still, while they got:
    - stamina buff
    - 10% dmg reduction
    - UA buff
    - burning rush small buff
    BF is a huge nerf, no two ways about it.
    10% damage reduction was at the cost of armor, which means it'll be hardly noticable v melee - who are the prime problem we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    As someone who has played (and still plays) demonology every tier since tier 9 I really enjoyed cataclysm demonology. Especially when ISF was available to every spec. Not every spec or class gets to dynamically change his rotation with the likes of ther's mirror and moonwell chalice (and also corrupted insignia). It was a very unique way to do things and the burst was really fun. It also felt like a melding of shadow and fire and used more spells in it's rotation than any class in the game. It felt rich and benefited from turreting while also not suffering too badly from movement if you knew to refresh dots or spam fel flame etc. Dot snapshotting with doom from meta, trinket and potion procs was also a rich playstyle. Demonology also had great on-demand burst aoe as well as good sustain aoe. There was so many decisions involved and it's opener is only rivaled by mop BM hunter openers with the complexity and penalty for messing it up. You really do not know what you are talking about.

I do enjoy mop demonology locks but I honestly enjoyed cata demonology more.

EDIT:
    @OP warlocks are pretty much the most loved class right now in pve and pvp.
    I miss my doomguard doing 2 million dmg to bro #RipCataDemolocks

Made by dubbelbasse

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    lol not so much. who's that at the top? affliction? yah...thought so. Jog on, another thread needs a useless link that does not pertain to the subject at hand. (handy-derp raidbots post awwwway!)

OT: Yah I sorta feel this vid more then ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0
    Like I got set up, only to have the rug pulled out.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

we were hated in cata .. mop we got buffs and then all the fun parts got removed and now we are "ok" again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'm sure the high end arena players (...) will love to hear that.
    im sure that high end arena players will love to heat that they are pve players.

Deleted
    People will always whine about something :\

Blizzard dont hate locks. How you even can say something like this after new green fire and DI merged with stamina buff for casuals ? After some pvp changes in 5.2 ?

After so good affli performance in 5.1 and almost no changes in new 5.2 patch so far ?

You just cant say that.

Different things is that demo & destro are far away from affli, that those differences will be even bigger in 5.2 with t4 set bonuses - but you cant just saying that blizzard hate us only cos of that.
    Green Fire was one of the things that Warlocks heard rumors about that it could be in "The Brurning Crusade" expansion, it didnt happen ofc, instead mobs used Green fire in TBC, Green Fire for warlock spells has been asked for ever since WoW-beta, it is not something "new" they are simply using old models yet again (like the "new" pets....crappy of them). Getting Green Fire now for warlocks is most likely just added to draw in some of the players that might find it so awesome that they will spend a few months looking at it being green instead of yellow/orange, most likely just a moneygrabbing tactic by Blizz since they waited for such a long time before they actually gave green fire to warlocks, and as a player that played ever since WoW-beta it's pretty much to little to late (already unsubbed 5 months ago, still lurking on forum to se if thers any fun change tho).

For PvE id say we are decent, last tier of talents are a joke tho.
    For PvP i guess we could say they are "hatin on warlocks". Blood fear change is a really strange and crappy change, who would want to use 20% of your hp to get a fear of on random melee? (random = 2 or more targets meleeing you, have fun fearing the one you really want feared.)

Warlocks are the most fun class atm, if they rapenerf it like they did with hunter and mage (PvE especially) then that would be really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    Now I'm sure this is a common theme with all classes in the forums. But, after a 3 month break I find demo barely better than destruction. Affliction(by far one of the most boring specs in the game imo) tops... I don't expect warlocks to get a red carpet treatment and be over powered but, I feel the class gets shat on all the time. Some balance in pve dps would be fantastic. Mages shouldn't be all powerful and blizz needs to stop humping the mage's legs and salivating all over them. I guess I'll be going back to my cave until the next xpac... [/rant]. Flame on.
    Warlocks have sucked in pevious expansions....this is not one of those expansions.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction... boring.... right.

Do a bg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo View Post
    Warlocks have sucked in pevious expansions....this is not one of those expansions.
    Yeah, Affliction raiding around 1.5ish before BWL and the first half of season 5 were pretty long expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Green Fire was one of the things that Warlocks heard rumors about that it could be in "The Brurning Crusade" expansion, it didnt happen ofc, instead mobs used Green fire in TBC, Green Fire for warlock spells has been asked for ever since WoW-beta, it is not something "new" they are simply using old models yet again (like the "new" pets....crappy of them). Getting Green Fire now for warlocks is most likely just added to draw in some of the players that might find it so awesome that they will spend a few months looking at it being green instead of yellow/orange, most likely just a moneygrabbing tactic by Blizz since they waited for such a long time before they actually gave green fire to warlocks, and as a player that played ever since WoW-beta it's pretty much to little to late (already unsubbed 5 months ago, still lurking on forum to se if thers any fun change tho).

For PvE id say we are decent, last tier of talents are a joke tho.
    For PvP i guess we could say they are "hatin on warlocks". Blood fear change is a really strange and crappy change, who would want to use 20% of your hp to get a fear of on random melee? (random = 2 or more targets meleeing you, have fun fearing the one you really want feared.)

Green fire gives nothing both for PvE and PvP. Add that blizzard do nothing about making less differences between each spec = they can only focus on one thing. So thats why for me usseles green fire is just ... usseles thing and i need to wait for next patch for bringing demo a bit closer to afli - specially that now in 5.2 differences will be even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Affliction... boring.... right.

Do a bg.
    I pvp'd as afflic, but thanks.

Deleted
    Hating on Warlocks? I would say they're currently (And still looking to be in 5.2) like the best overall DPS class in the game. Both single target and multi target Warlocks are extremely strong

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    There was so many decisions involved and it's opener is only rivaled by mop BM hunter openers with the complexity and penalty for messing it up. You really do not know what you are talking about.

I do enjoy mop demonology locks but I honestly enjoyed cata demonology more.
    That's the thing, there really weren't many decisions. Opener was 99% of it, you either had it (and did well) or you failed and your entire remainder of the fight was fucked. No in-between.

MOP specs involve a LOT more active management throughout the fight, which I actually found harder. More rewarding? Perhaps... but I do think Cata demonology was fun, just because once you had your opener you could take a breather and really just enjoy the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    10% damage reduction was at the cost of armor, which means it'll be hardly noticable v melee - who are the prime problem we have.
    You have to be exaggerating.

We're trading 2603 armor (5.627% EH, additive) for a flat 10% reduction (11.11~% EH, multiplicative) on top of our existing armor. This gives us added protection against armor penetrating effects such as Colossus Smash.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Warlocks are far from being hated on.
    I agree with this. We got a complete overhaul in MOP, I don't think we really needed one, but dumbing down class mechanics in favour of more complex boss mechanics is a good thing imo (not saying that is what has been done). Consider Rogues and Hunters for a moment... Yeah... Then think about warlocks and how they were "hated" on.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    You have to be exaggerating.

We're trading 2603 armor (5.627% EH, additive) for a flat 10% reduction (11.11~% EH, multiplicative) on top of our existing armor. This gives us added protection against armor penetrating effects such as Colossus Smash.
    This. The 2603 armor did jack shit in the first place BEFORE CS and expose armor, sunder, etc. removed most of it. The 10% DR is there no matter what, and also will mitigate poison damage (rogue), holy damage (ret paladin), elemental damage (enh shaman), frost/shadow damage (DK), so yes, it's much better against melee for both the physical and non-physical components.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    This. The 2603 armor did jack shit in the first place BEFORE CS and expose armor, sunder, etc. removed most of it. The 10% DR is there no matter what, and also will mitigate poison damage (rogue), holy damage (ret paladin), elemental damage (enh shaman), frost/shadow damage (DK), so yes, it's much better against melee for both the physical and non-physical components.
    ^ This. It is a HUGE defensive buff. I don't think people realize just how much. I was shocked when I saw the patch note, to be honest. I don't think anyone expected it.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I don't think people realize just how much.

Well ppl just was focused to much on blood fear nerf. It seems like Locks PvP starts and ends on Blood Fear. If it was like that - it was the only way to nerf it badly. But cos of that they really didnt saw that they've got really nice boost - mayby not enought to top pvp - but lock pvp position should be better than before it.