Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Her WiFi single was trespassing on his property. She should consider herself lucky that the only thing he did was use it instead of calling the cops on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Hard drive full of movies > cake.

Unless of course she

'backed him a cake'

mmhmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    I dont think your friend works in any IT department.
    This would be the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    This would be the correct answer.
    I don't get it?

Concugratulations!

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on your example he is not in trouble, now if he went and started sending keyloggers etc into the router and the ip of his neighbor then he is in trouble.

Go tell the person the network is open.

BTW how did your friend know the password even if it is unchanged? he would have to know the default password of all the internet providers.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    My bet is "admin" will work for majority of unsecured routers.

Deleted
    Why he should get in trouble when the connection is open to the daylight? Neighbour's the one doing things wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Her WiFi single was trespassing on his property. She should consider herself lucky that the only thing he did was use it instead of calling the cops on her.
    Since when was a WiFi singal reaching next-door illegal? I can imagine that happens to just about every WiFi signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Based on your example he is not in trouble, now if he went and started sending keyloggers etc into the router and the ip of his neighbor then he is in trouble.

Go tell the person the network is open.

BTW how did your friend know the password even if it is unchanged? he would have to know the default password of all the internet providers.
    Probably found it online somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why's it called stealing your wifi when your signal is trespassing in my house?

Seriously though, I currently use my neighbor's unsecured wireless network, but with their permission. They're well aware that I'm on it and they don't mind. They actually keep it open for us, though they know that I'm far more experienced in computers and general technology than they are. I've offered to secure it for them, but they want it to stay unsecured, and don't mind if I change some settings around here and there (rebooting the router as necessary, etc). It's quite a quandary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Since when was a WiFi singal reaching next-door illegal? I can imagine that happens to just about every WiFi signal.
    Wondering the same. Just checked, I can reach 17 wireless networks on my computer that aren't mine. 3 of those unsecured... /facepalm