Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Reading is hard, yes? I said it was hardER than anything in wotlk. And that quest you pulled out of your rectum would go against the lore, back when they still cared about the lore.[COLOR="red"]
    Not it would not go against lore. Azzinoth was a doomguard commander of the Burning Legion.

Illidan took his glaives. From the Manual of Monsters:
    "Over the millennia, Illidan grew more and more adept with the demonic weapons, and likely became more proficient with them than their original owner."

So even for Illidan it was not so easy to use them at first.

These are demon glaives and they still glow with green demon energy. That demon energy turns you is also part of the lore.

"The Skull of Gul'dan was a powerful demonic artifact, his skull was turned into a channeling totem for demonic energy. Illidan became a black demon after consuming the power of the Skull of Gul'dan."

We conclude Warcraft lore: If you consum very much demonic energy you turn into a demon

My quest idea would make perfect sense.

BTW: Metzen did not care about lore during BC, he even made a major mistake with the whole Titan/Draenor story (and admitted it).
    quote: "Right… To be totally up-front with you guys, it’s my bad, straight up. The obvious lore contradiction with Sargeras and his encounter with the eredar was clearly documented in the Warcraft III manual." Metzen 2006.

PS: You are very rude.
    PPS: I think BT was much easier than ICC 25 heroic.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-18 at 12:38 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Here we go again. Everybody pays for the game, so why shouldn't they be able to get the legendary? Because you spend more time on it? Because you HAVE more time for it? Because you think you're better? Nope.

Because a corpse cant very well stop you from taking his stuff, now can he? kaelthas died, and was revived. You MAY have noticed that fel crystal jammed into his chest in MGT.

Expect Illidan to make a similar return.

There was only one blatant contrivance, and that was the Onixia revamp, because we took her head.
    Still waiting on the link that Sulfuras wasn't just Ragnaros' weapon.

I'm also not going to base my opinions on your expectations. And wasn't referring directly to Kael'thas, I remember what he looked like in MGT.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:33 AM ----------

if you cannot understand the difference between tedious and hard, there is no point in wasting anymore time on you.
    Rocket science is hard, manual labour is tedious. There are no semantics involved here. Something taking a long time does not make it hard, it makes it TEDIOUS.
    You are predicating your argument on the assumption that epics are exactly the same difficulty to get now as they were in vanilla. I don't know why I even bothered arguing with you in the first place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    Here we go again. Everybody pays for the game, so why shouldn't they be able to get the legendary? Because you spend more time on it? Because you HAVE more time for it? Because you think you're better? Nope.
    This is flawed logic. Just because you pay for the game doesn't mean you automatically receive everything everyone else does.

For example, if you pay and play pet battles all day, this doesn't entitle you to heroic raid loot just because you pay the same subscription as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well, it can't be helped.

Although I personally hate to admit it, Blizzard is a business, and to please the customer they have to do what the customer wants.

Truth is, they've really been coming through with that this expansion, and even if the PVPers, or people who hate dailies want to admit it or not, they're truly made it prevalent how much they care about the fans; not about their wallets, but about their enjoyment for the game.

The new legendary was so that not a single class would feel left out, and like I said, we don't know how far the questline will go, but a lot of people are still stuck on the previous part, and 5.2 will separate the pack further.

This is an actual Legendary questline. You're working for an amazing weapon for an entire expansion, and to be eventually rewarded with your hardwork that you didn't have to do with a legendary item.

That's my opinion, at least.

And also, Noqr, it doesn't. You have to kill the World Boss aka the Storm Lord Nalak to get it. Nice try though.
    You are just tearing these forums apart. Don't be an ass, a simple correction would have been fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Shadowmourne was a million times harder to get than the Sunwell bow or the 2 Illidan bat'leth thingies which were both just drops.
    I'm sorry but ANYONE with this opinion is just... Stupid? I'll go right ahead and say killing Illidan before it was nerfed, or clearing Sunwell, was a SHIT TON harder to do than getting Shadowmourne. You lot act like you were clearing that shit in BC. I bet 95% of you were still doing Karazhan ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    PPS: I think BT was much easier than ICC 25 heroic.
    The point is you didn't need to do ICC25H to get the Legendary Axe. You didn't even have to kill normal LK to get the Axe. Some challenge

-----

I am in no way agreeing with Jay, I'm just here to say that frankly, Legendaries were harder to obtain because of RNG and the fact the bosses required to kill them were actually somewhat more of a challenge than... Having a dot on you on Lanathel, or being an abomination on Putricide... Or being hit by an ice ball from Sindragosa... I'm sorry but that's a far cry away from being called challenging. My guild at the time got 2 in 2 weeks because it was so easy at the time, before they even went into heroics.
    Last edited by mmoc9c6301ebdd; 2013-01-18 at 12:42 AM.

if you cannot understand the difference between tedious and hard, there is no point in wasting anymore time on you.
    Rocket science is hard, manual labour is tedious. There are no semantics involved here. Something taking a long time does not make it hard, it makes it TEDIOUS.
    This could not have been said better. Legendaries have a history of being tedious - or completely random drops for that matter. Guild drama of who gets the first, to the responsability of picked raider ("i can't be sick for raid I need shards...." every, single, week, again) does not make it "rare" or "prestigious", especially since casuals can just go back a few tiers later and grind it for themselves, too. Nobody looked up when you had shadowmourne or the caster staff or the rogue daggers. If you had the bow in tbc you were a lucky fucker, nothing more.

Now everyone can work for rewards on a long quest, basically, that is legendary because it's one of its kind. The responsability is completely your own and no longer your guild's. I don't see what's wrong with "scrubs" getting orange gems. If you want to show off how awesome you are, there's more than enough ways in gear and titles, mounts, to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, you obtain it by creating a Sulfuron Hammer and infusing it with the Eye of Sulfuras.
    So as I see it: You take this awesome hammer you made, you take the "spirit of Ragnaros' weapon and you enhance the Hammer.

WoWpedia says the following:
    Sulfuras is incredibly massive. Far too massive, in fact, for most mortals to even dream of wielding, even if they could somehow defeat the elemental Firelord. However, fanatical followers of Ragnaros found a way to craft hammers in its image. Each requires an Eye of Sulfuras, and these lesser weapons are known as sulfuron hammers. A sulfuron hammer appears to be a smaller version of Sulfuras. It is a spiked, flaming red warhammer. The hammer is crafted entirely from elementium, with an Eye of Sulfuras embedded deep in the hammer’s head.

So it's not his weapon, but it's a hammer infused with the power of his weapon :P
    Thanks I was looking for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even reply to the Jaylock threads anymore? He says something retarded and you all fall for it. Yes, I realize the irony of what i said by replying in a Jaylock thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it.
    Elitist much?

Answer: Yes.

There's actually a pretty significant grind to progress on the legendary quest chain. Do you think that "grindy" isn't enough? Because that's all it was in Cataclysm. Before that, "lucky." The one thing that has never entered into legendary? "Hard."

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    That must be why so much less of the population got epics in vanilla... and there were so many less avenues to get epics...

Are you actually trying to argue that it's harder to get epics now?
    So much less of the population got epics in vanilla because most of the players were bad. Add to that the fact that we had significantly less addons, and those that we had were of lower quality.

Look at Vael, for instance. So many guilds had difficulties defeating him... and why? Because we didn't have accurate threat meters. Seriously, that's it. Had threat information been provided directly, as it is now, most guilds would've killed Vael on day 1.

If we could go back in time to Vanilla with a working DBM and threat meter, a lot more people would have been killing them. Had those fights not come out for another year or two? Same deal. It was only hard to get epics because players sucked and addons sucked. This might not be obvious to people that didn't play in Vanilla, but it damn sure is obvious to anyone with a clue.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I would love it if they made a legendary trinket again.

Skull of Gul'dan should have been a friggin' legendary. Epic quest to where when you kill Illidan you notice that even in death he won't let it go. So you have to defeat demon generals SOLO to procure an artifact that can pry it from his cold dead fingers. Too late for that though I guess.

Oh hey, I just came up with an awesome legendary questline at the levels of hunter rhok'delar in a mere 20 seconds. Blizzard and creativity don't seem to mix nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    This could not have been said better. Legendaries have a history of being tedious - or completely random drops for that matter. Guild drama of who gets the first, to the responsability of picked raider ("i can't be sick for raid I need shards...." every, single, week, again) does not make it "rare" or "prestigious", especially since casuals can just go back a few tiers later and grind it for themselves, too. Nobody looked up when you had shadowmourne or the caster staff or the rogue daggers. If you had the bow in tbc you were a lucky fucker, nothing more.

Now everyone can work for rewards on a long quest, basically, that is legendary because it's one of its kind. The responsability is completely your own and no longer your guild's. I don't see what's wrong with "scrubs" getting orange gems. If you want to show off how awesome you are, there's more than enough ways in gear and titles, mounts, to do so.
    Yep, i just get so tired of arguing with people who do not know the difference between hard and tedious. Getting glaives was harder than getting any legendaries that came after it, BAR THORIDAL. Merely because BT and SW were harder than any content in WOLK, Cata and so far, MOP. Getting Fangs of the father and whatever that staff was called was more tedious. Killing bosses you have on farm for weeks to drain their energy/loot geodes is hard now? KK.

The Mop items are also just really tedious so far, but I recall a blue mentioning that the later stages of the legendary will not be accomplishable in LFR.

original legendary - almost no lore and attributed to severe rng where almost nobody got one

wotlk to cata - lore focused legendaries that only 10% of the population ever saw with cutscenes, original models, and important lore moments that couldnt be seen anywhere else and took grinding for one tier instead of being subject to luck

mop legendary - spend an entire expansion grinding every week to see important lore moments and at the end of the expansion everyone gets a legendary if they put the work in.

in my opinion a casual grinding an entire expansion is more work then a hardcore farming one tier for a couple months
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    So much less of the population got epics in vanilla because most of the players were bad. Add to that the fact that we had significantly less addons, and those that we had were of lower quality.

Look at Vael, for instance. So many guilds had difficulties defeating him... and why? Because we didn't have accurate threat meters. Seriously, that's it. Had threat information been provided directly, as it is now, most guilds would've killed Vael on day 1.

If we could go back in time to Vanilla with a working DBM and threat meter, a lot more people would have been killing them. Had those fights not come out for another year or two? Same deal. It was only hard to get epics because players sucked and addons sucked. This might not be obvious to people that didn't play in Vanilla, but it damn sure is obvious to anyone with a clue.
    Dont bother arguing with him. i already adressed why less people had epics, he simply doesnt get it. Basically came down to lack of info.

Other people are enjoying this game besides me! How dare they!

the only reason the warglaives were epic were because they came from illidan thats the only reason. and i mean seriously they didnt even have panda faces on them what kind of fucked up shit is that?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only reason the warglaives were epic were because they came from illidan thats the only reason. and i mean seriously they didnt even have panda faces on them what kind of fucked up shit is that?
    They weren't his glaives from the RTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock is just mad that he can't be a special snowflake anymore. Those darn kids wont get off his lawn and make him feel like less of a hardcore.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    Can't say anything to this since i don't know yet where exactly is the legendary quest going and how long it actually is and how insanely much i must spend time to get to the last part.

Everyone can get it.
    Fine everyone ask blizzard to disallow the ops account from getting it, now its legendary.

really who cares it takes about a year to get it. This is the longest legendary and cause of that hardest one to get.