Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I loved D2 I played it EVEN longer then D3.
    I love D3, played it a lot more than D2. I am happy that D3 is a different game, else I wouldn't bother playing it beyond normal difficulty (just like I didn't in D2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the game won't be a stinking heap of shit now.

We can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    The really interesting thing in that interview is the question whether he's transitioning to Titan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    As long as he is not put in charge of Project Titan. He needs to be kept away from Titan and WoW completely.
    Why would he be in charge of Titan? Pretty sure Tigole is pretty much in charge of that project since the start of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I lol'ed

Someone posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M on the official forums following the news
    LMFAO!!! That is fucking AMAZING!!! I bet they deleted the link XD
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Fuck that loser.
    you just.... made my day

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    If you have something to say, you could just review before posting. Would make it easier to read. What you wrote is just noise.

I am a little surprised there have been some intelligent replies in this thread, it's hope-inspiring. I made the bad idea of finding out about this news on gamespot, which is an awful website and the comments disgusted me. Reddit, not much better and here, of all places, all not so bad.

I think it was the wrong guy for the job but I hope he has a good remaining of life and remember kids.. Someone made him in charge, he didn't barge in and hold everyone at gunpoint, so cut him some slack, he tried and it didn't work out. If you think Blizzard are dropping standards, consider pointing your venom towards those that would engage this guy. And for the records, dIII is a Blemish on an overall good record for blizz, they will not afford repeating that so don't start with the 'he's been brought into titan for the ah shop etc.. it's not going to happen.. Think.. think, some of you are not doing it.'
    No no slack this dude also disrespected the original dude and thought his team could do better like F that you aren't going any slack, He should of sticked with the original authors ideas not this garbage of a filth that we have now leading to his retirement because of it

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is simple. He wants respect he needs to learn to give it until then I could really careless.
    No it's not. If you insult someone you shouldn't resort to said person's methods and or ways. You are no better then they are. I get Jay did bad things but he's gone. Insulting him and wanting bad things to happen is pretty pathetic.

No no slack this dude also disrespected the original dude and thought his team could do better like F that you aren't going any slack, He should of sticked with the original authors ideas not this garbage of a filth that we have now leading to his retirement because of it
    Even if he did it doens't justify more insults and hatred against him. This is where you became what you hate. You may not agree but it is the truth. Either way I'm sure DIII will prosper...or stay the way it is now and people like you or not will find someone else to hate on. It's a cycle.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Made them homogenic and bland.

The game has less and less content. In Cata DS was out 11 months and other 2 tiers were out for 7 months. The quality has been going down as well.

He is a ungreatful douchebag. Diablo 3 only sold well cause of the Diablo 2 devs and he spat in their faces. SHould have been fired ages ago.
    And yet, Wotlk which introduced GC as lead was the considered by many the pinnicle of WoW. I'm not going to get into this discussion any further however. Everyone has their opinions but this is a Diablo thread, not a WoW or even a GC thread.

Agreed with you about your third point though. After that remark a few months back he should have had the sack. It was completely unprofessional, unwarrented and outright appalling, particularly since all the guy said was "they didn't do things as I would have".

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ....He disrespected the former leader of blizzard north who took part in making D1/D2+LOD its clear what your trying to do with that reply but figure I would say it anyway.
    He did work on it, but the reason why the Diablo franchise is what it is today is thanks to Blizzard, if it wasn't for them you probably would have never heard of a Diablo game in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because a game had amazing reviews or amazing sells dose not make it a good game.

The amazing sells are due to the name alone and people waiting years for a D3.

The amazing reviews are due to some reviewers being payed off or only playing the demo. point proven look at ign they gave it a 9.5 but other way better games a less score.
    Good or not is relative. Successful or not isn't. Diablo 3 is a successful game, with obviously enough players playing it to warrant a much more favorable opinion for them. Your opinion isn't law. You are not right. You don't even have any proof to back up any of your claims. Diablo 3 sold, sells, is selling, and is successful. It's up to you to decide whether it's "good" or not.

Now, because this seems to always pop up when discussing good vs bad and something being successful....yes, Justin Bieber is successful. A lot of people hate his music? Boo hoo. He's one of the most successful musicians there is and ever will be.

You guys are such assholes to the devs.

Also, you all seem to think that everything about the game was down to one person when it has a whole design team.

And on top of that, you assume that when someone new takes the reins the game will magically become exactly the way you want it to be.

P.S. I don't know why everyone was so bitchy about D3, I thought it was a cool little game. Had a few flaws but nothing that deserved the amount of QQ and whining that the internet was swamped with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Jay helped make D3 into the amazing game that it is now. I hope all goes well for him and maybe he'll be working on titan! D

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Kinda sad to read all these comments really.

Some of you guys and girls really need to take a break from computers and take a walk in the sunshine (or snow and ice in this case) and interact with some real people. You know, face to face.
    There's criticising a direction of something, and then there's straight up hate for someone who most, if not all, of you don't even know.

I can't say i'm not vulnerable to internet rage at times, Apple is my achilles heel. Yes, I hate the company with a passion, but not the people who work for them.
    People get riled up in almost every aspect of entertainment when a single person is a major contributor to a downfall of a game, team, or movie. Take Michigan Wolverines where Rich Rod single handedly fucked up the entire team. Fans blamed and raged at him even more so than you see with Jay Wilson.

Take the movie Prometheus and how writer Damon Lindelof completely fucked up the movie with a terrible script. Concluded in fans raging at Damon for a horrid script while every other aspect was superb.

So honestly, get off your high horse acting like no one other than gamers rage at particular people for ruining their game, movie or team. That's pretty uncalled for and I would infarct you if I was a mod. Just because people are fans of a game and have been let down, you tell them to go outside and talk to 'real' people? lmao, seriously, that's low as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No it's not. If you insult someone you shouldn't resort to said person's methods and or ways. You are no better then they are. I get Jay did bad things but he's gone. Insulting him and wanting bad things to happen is pretty pathetic.

Even if he did it doens't justify more insults and hatred against him. This is where you became what you hate. You may not agree but it is the truth. Either way I'm sure DIII will prosper...or stay the way it is now and people like you or not will find someone else to hate on. It's a cycle.
    I'm not wishing anything bad on him and I even said I hope he finds a job doing something he enjoys as long as he stays far away from games I really enjoy Ill be happy. I don't like the way he acted therefor I got no respect for them and im happy he is no longer apart of the D3 team.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Good or not is relative. Successful or not isn't. Diablo 3 is a successful game, with obviously enough players playing it to warrant a much more favorable opinion for them. Your opinion isn't law. You are not right. You don't even have any proof to back up any of your claims. Diablo 3 sold, sells, is selling, and is successful. It's up to you to decide whether it's "good" or not.

Now, because this seems to always pop up when discussing good vs bad and something being successful....yes, Justin Bieber is successful. A lot of people hate his music? Boo hoo. He's one of the most successful musicians there is and ever will be.
    It was successful due to its name that is why it sold so well. look at the player base now barely anyone on at anytime of any day. My point is proven
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/919 << pretty much "how little i care by this point" too little, too late

not really surprised, Blizzard will now concentrate their efforts on the new SC2 expansion...

then head back to WoW...

D3 may get a look in next september.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    He did work on it, but the reason why the Diablo franchise is what it is today is thanks to Blizzard, if it wasn't for them you probably would have never heard of a Diablo game in the first place.
    If it was not for the people who made diablo the game would not have became what it is/was. Clearly you don't know how things run in a game company.

Blizzard north made diablo what it was then wanted there D3 to be a MMO the main blizzard CEO did not like that because it would be D3 vs WOW in the mmo world therefor they fired everyone from blizzard north and shut it down because blizzard north refused to give him and scrap everything they have been working on.

If it was not for the people working at blizzard north Diablo would have never happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/919 << pretty much "how little i care by this point" too little, too late

not really surprised, Blizzard will now concentrate their efforts on the new SC2 expansion...

then head back to WoW...

D3 may get a look in next september.
    You obviously do not realize that there are separate dev teams for every blizzard franchise right? They only remind the community of this every other day >_>
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

The only reason they're letting move projects is because D3 made an assload of money. Unfortunately hell destroy the next project he works on.

The game has less and less content. In Cata DS was out 11 months and other 2 tiers were out for 7 months. The quality has been going down as well.
    I felt T11 and T12 were too short, and DS was nowhere near the time we spent in ICC. And MoP probably has more content than every other expansion combined. In fact all you people whining about not enough content in Cata are largely the reason why MoP has so much content it burns you out like crazy and it's almost impossible to have alts.

In terms of quality, pfft. Subjective I guess but frankly I think you have massive nostalgia glasses on saying BC's quality was better than Wrath and MoP. You could get away with saying Cata was worse but even there, in pure gameplay terms Cata was lightyears ahead of BC. Plot was a bit lamer maybe.

He is a ungreatful douchebag. Diablo 3 only sold well cause of the Diablo 2 devs and he spat in their faces. SHould have been fired ages ago.
    LOL at all these people talking about D2 like it was some kind of game messiah. If they'd released D2 today it would have been absolutely savaged by the internet and been regarded as unplayably broken, piss easy, devoid of features and with absolutely no endgame. 99% of what D3 changed was intended to fix the crippling issues D2 had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.