Some Stat Help W/ My BrM

So I recently started to tank on my Monk after healing for a long time.

I'm the type of person that will do research for hours trying to figure out what is the best thing for my spec.

There are some things that are confusing to me and I was wondering if there was any chance someone could give me so clarification regarding the stats for a BrM.

Now with Haste, is there a certain point when haste isn't as good to stack? Or do we just want to stack that all the time no matter what and always have to reforge into haste. (I recently starte to reforge into crit because I'm ok with my energy regen. I just don't know if it to low.)

Also if someone could help me decide if Power Strikes is better.

Thanks So Much!

There's a certain point where haste loses value, but that point is different for everyone. It sounds like you've found that for yourself, since you're already reforging into crit. But yeah, once you feel that you have 'enough' energy, then start moving into crit.

Power Strikes is, strictly speaking, the better option for Chi. It will provide more Chi over the course of a fight than Ascension will. However, there's a point where once you get a certain amount of haste then Ascension will provide more Chi over the course of a fight... But that point is so ridiculously high that no matter which talent you have you'd have far more Chi than you really need, so it's moot.

All that said, the reason people still take Ascension is for reliability and convenience. Having a max of 5 Chi is really useful, ensuring you always (or more often at least) have 1 Chi for PB when you desperately need it. It's also a much smoother and more predictable resource income, so it's easier to predict what resources you're going to have when you need them.

Hope that helps. I'd recommend reading the Brewmaster guide that's stickied, as well as reading the recent discussion going on in the replies. I'm fairly certain these questions are answered in those replies, or in some of the other threads around here, as well as most other questions you may have. But if after reading them you still have questions, feel free to come back and ask.