Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i think they should keep it just the way it is... it is so much easer to spot the botters at lvl 85 flying/skiping around where they shouldent be... and reporting them for it :P

Deleted
    I just think once we get one character to 90 we should have something like they had in WotLK. Once you get your alt to say 87/88 then you can buy an item to unlock it for you, but make it more expensive than if you wait to 90.

Deleted
    I wish blizzard locked the accounts that do not want flying mounts to not have them. That way they would not feel like they'd have to use them!

Deleted
    So you are fed up with the story and scenery. How is flying at lvl 85 going to fix that when you still have to do the same quests in the same zones? The fact that you payed that much money to fly is also not that big of a deal when you make twice as much money you need for all flight skills (excl. master riding) while leveling from 1-90.

They should just make a tome similar to cold weather flying that you can buy on your main once you reach 90. That way you get to experience that retarded pandas on your ground mount the first time then you can fly through it everytime after.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    How is leveling a reward? Leveling is a grind once you've done it once or twice already, especially in wow. After the first 10-15 quests where they put lots of work and ooooh-aaaah in them everything else turns out to be the usual kill this kill that.
    You sir all to easily confuse the obstacle course for the reward. I never said leveling was the reward, leveling is the obstacle course to get to the reward. If you would like Bliz to just mail you a level 90 + all the rep and gold you would of made while questing so you can spend your time qeueing up in your capital city while alt tabbed then why even play anything in the first place?

HOW is flying "easy mode". I paid over 12000g so far to use my flying mount across all the continents of Warcraft, which at the time was not chump change.

Flying mounts are something I worked for at the time when it came out and later when they made us pay even more. There's nothing EASY about how I acquired the RIGHT to use my mount.
    Id really wish people would just understanding making an alt shouldn't be given everything your main has, because your mains done it. Its extra work for extra reward, no one cares about your QQ you've already done it, if you want another 90 cap do the work again other wise dont level him.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Alts are just brutal in mop. Not fun at all, in my opinion, and the no fly rule is one of many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Id really wish people would just understanding making an alt shouldn't be given everything your main has, because your mains done it. Its extra work for extra reward, no one cares about your QQ you've already done it, if you want another 90 cap do the work again other wise dont level him.
    Fine attitude if you don't want people to play the game. I haven't been touching my alts, and as such, I haven't been playing wow as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Alts are just brutal in mop. Not fun at all, in my opinion, and the no fly rule is one of many reasons.
    Alt's should be brutal, its alot of reward to have a capped alt. I don't see any reason why it should be made easier.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    So you don't want to post if no one is agreeing with you? >_>

Why make a thread in the first place if you were not ready to defend your argument
    The problem is the vast majority of people here do agree with him, as has been proven with numerous recent polls relating to flying mounts. Those who hate flying mounts are the vocal minority. And I'd be willing to put money on the percentage of people who dislike flying mounts having a far greater percentage of unemployed than those who like them.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I need my world PvP and it's the only option.
    World PvP is a tremendous failure. Why do you need it?

PvP ruins the game. Classes get nerfed and lose raid viability because of it. It should just be removed.

See what I did there?

Alt's should be brutal, its alot of reward to have a capped alt. I don't see any reason why it should be made easier.
    Blizzard said they wanted people to play the game. They said in CAT people weren't playing. Well one of the reasons im not playing as much is because alts are brutal in mop. Just my 2c, I got plenty of games to play so its not really a complaint, its more just an observation. Alts in mop are brutal, so I just don't play them, playing more gw2 and rift instead. If that's what blizzard wants im fine with it. But I got a suspicion they would rather have me playing my alts in wow. So we'll see if things change or not in a couple patches.

I totally agree. As much as I love the aesthetics of my flying mounts I really wish that they had never been introduced in the first place. I can't imagine what the playerbase would be like today if everyone hadn't been spoiled with flying mounts for the last few expansions =3 seems everyone thinks they're entitled to everything nowadays... oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get so annoyed of the argument, "If you don't want to fly, then you don't have to!"

Everyone will always take the quickest most fastest route. That isn't necessarily good for the game.

Imagine they added Zone/Area Teleportation. No CD. Just Flat Gold Fee per teleport with a 5 second cast time. Do you think anyone would fly? We will always take the fastest route.

***5 years from now***

Funwowguy: Teleportation ruined the game! Bring back flying/ground mounts!

Herpderp: Well no one is stopping you from flying dude. No one is forcing you to use teleport! Fly if you wanna! Just don't remove my ability to tele cuz YOU wanna run/fly!

I remember using roads in the game to avoid Devilsaurs in UnGoro, or making sure I stayed away from trees cuz I didn't want to get ganked by cat npcs. Or even getting reports there was a ganker near a certain cave, and making sure I stayed away from it. I miss being charged on my mount, or polymorphed off of it.

Sure, servers are a little hectic now, and imbalanced, but Blizzard could have prevented that by not allowing certain factions to xfer over if the server is too imbalanced. (That changed RUINED what was left of US - Illidan Alliance.

At least I can turtleshell people every 15 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I totally agree. As much as I love the aesthetics of my flying mounts I really wish that they had never been introduced in the first place. I can't imagine what the playerbase would be like today if everyone hadn't been spoiled with flying mounts for the last few expansions =3 seems everyone thinks they're entitled to everything nowadays... oh well.
    Yeah they should totally go back to no flying mounts, tons of elitist content that only 5% of the playerbase can access, and all that great stuff. Im sure their sub count will spike. Not.

I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    I think that your main problem is having so many characters, and seemingly not liking questing in a role-playing game, not the restriction on flying. You already have levelled three characters and going for a fourth, perhaps even more and you find questing through the same campaign boring? Obviously. I think that it is partly Blizzard's fault for not having more than one campaign available in the expansions, like it was in vanilla where each faction had about three different campaigns. But you have to consider how special your situation with so many characters is. Usually people have a couple of characters, not 4+.

Yeah they should totally go back to no flying mounts, tons of elitist content that only 5% of the playerbase can access, and all that great stuff. Im sure their sub count will spike. Not.

Yeah, because reversing one decision means reversing all other decisions as well. Maybe you have a fondness of taking things to the extremes to satisfy some intellectual need, but game-design doesn't work that way. They could reverse flying, or limit it even further in the future, while not touching raiding. They could make raiding exclusive once more without touching flying. Overreacting doesn't make for very logical arguements.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-01-18 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You sir all to easily confuse the obstacle course for the reward. I never said leveling was the reward, leveling is the obstacle course to get to the reward. If you would like Bliz to just mail you a level 90 + all the rep and gold you would of made while questing so you can spend your time qeueing up in your capital city while alt tabbed then why even play anything in the first place?
    I asked to be allowed to level with flying mounts, i never asked for a free level 90 with free rep and gold.

Why the hell are you putting random words into my mouth, you sound as idiotic as your avatar implies you are.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-18 at 06:28 PM.

Blizzard said they wanted people to play the game. They said in CAT people weren't playing. Well one of the reasons im not playing as much is because alts are brutal in mop. Just my 2c, I got plenty of games to play so its not really a complaint, its more just an observation. Alts in mop are brutal, so I just don't play them, playing more gw2 and rift instead. If that's what blizzard wants im fine with it. But I got a suspicion they would rather have me playing my alts in wow. So we'll see if things change or not in a couple patches.
    I would rather have too much to do on my main to max out my alts then not have enough to do that I can max out my main and my alts every week. I max out my main by saturday and then I have until tuesday to mess with my alts and I only play an hour a day + 6 hours on fridays. Cata was so easy that I could max out 4 alts every week with lfr runs in only 14 hours of game play a week. Weak sauce.

Not to be mean no one cares if you play wow or not, but the point is look what an alt in mop gives you. 1) 2 professions *which most have daily cd's worth lots of gold 2) A farm which can net lots of gold every day. 3) Another class to raid in lfr and chances at mounts that will go to all of your toons on the account. 4) More specs to be able to give the guild extra options while raiding.

Its not like you should be bored on a main anyways.

TBH when mounts went account wide this was the biggest reason i could see to start making tons of alts, then prof's all over started getting daily cd's with more coming in 5.2 there is no reason why it shouldn't be tougher.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I asked to be allowed to level with flying mounts, i never asked for a free level 90 with free rep and gold.

Why the hell are you putting random words into my mouth, you sound as idiotic as your avatar implies you are.
    Your implied insults only drag your point of view down. And as far as the free 90 with rep and gold goes you might as well ask for it because if you get what you want that will be the next thing you will be asking for. Keep your insults for someone who cares what others think about their avatars.

Not to be mean no one cares if you play wow or not,
    Blizzard said they wanted people to play, and they do care. When they were losing 800k subs in a quarter, im sure they cared. I was one of those 800k subs for a good stretch in cat. Real silly thing to say, I wont bother with the rest of your post, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Yeah, because reversing one decision means reversing all other decisions as well. Maybe you have a fondness of taking things to the extremes to satisfy some intellectual need, but game-design doesn't work that way. They could reverse flying, or limit it even further in the future, while not touching raiding. They could make raiding exclusive once more without touching flying. Overreacting doesn't make for very logical arguements.
    Sounds like you're really trying to push your horrible idea. Flying mounts will not be reversed, so you can give up on that dream right now.