Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    If you want to put it in terms of pure losses of subs (don't see any relevance myself) I'm 100% sure they lost a lot more than 1.6 million during that financial year in terms of subbed accounts that unsubbed, this was offset by a number of accounts that were either new accounts ore re-subbed accounts.

This is irrelevant, what is relevant to this discussion is the number of active subs at any given time which is a net loss or gain over a certain period.

I suspect there has been 20-30 million subs or more lost since 2004, as Blizzard themselves have stated: there have been many more players that have stopped playing than currently play, you could use that logic to state that wow has lost over 10 million subs.

I will link you the important facts:

That results in an overall loss of 600k subs for the year, put all the spin on it you like, that is the fact.
    once again ignoring Q1-Q3.

The better way to look at it is wow went from 12 million subs to 9.6 million in two years

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    This this this. Why is it so hard to understand? You don't need to take a business class to get it.
    Because there is an entire section of the population base that plays to 90 once or twice then quits. That portion of the population is going to buy the expansion, play for a couple months and unsubscribe until the next expansion.

Subscription numbers go down. It's the nature of a maturing game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    once again ignoring Q1-Q3.

The better way to look at it is wow went from 12 million subs to 9.6 million in two years
    It's like you and Hakto are speaking entirely different languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock off the unnecessary and off-topic comments about one another. If you disagree with something do it without throwing around insults, implicit or explicit. People are allowed to have other opinions and even get facts wrong from time to time. Make the case you want to make and leave it at that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That results in an overall loss of 600k subs for the year, put all the spin on it you like, that is the fact.
    Bound to happen sooner or later. What other subscription-based game has almost 10 million players after more than 8 years in operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Bound to happen sooner or later. What other subscription-based game has almost 10 million players after more than 8 years in operation?
    I wasn't saying it was a bad thing.

It was my response to everyone stating that wow had bled over 400k subs in just 3 months, then it got derailed by someone claiming the math was wrong using some version of cracked logic.

Deleted
    People could also be leaving because the game is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    If the game was so terrible, then why did only 400k people decide to leave it? Perhaps, *gasp*, the remaining 9.6mill are satisfied?

opinion =/= fact, I am yet to find a better mmo, if you know of one, please educate me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game was so terrible, then why did only 400k people decide to leave it? Perhaps, *gasp*, the remaining 9.6mill are satisfied?
    2.4 million people did leave

Ah, we're talking mostly about Cataclysm then.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ah, we're talking mostly about Cataclysm then.
    Mop just came out. We won't know the full effects of it for another year and half

Also 2.8 million left during Cata.

400k plus so far with mop. Who knows how many subs will be lost or gained over the next year and half

Still beating this dead horse?

Prove that only 2.4 million people left wow in that period, because if more than that left your argument is false.

Try putting in a tax return showing only your losses and not gains and see how far you get.

Personally, I suspect well over 20 mill people have played and left Wow at some point, again completely irrelevant, all that is relevant is the nett number of subs over any given period.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2013-02-09 at 09:12 PM.

If you look at total WoW sales from 2004 to now that have sold close to 30M copies which means over 20M have quit.

Mop just came out. We won't know the full effects of it for another year and half
    So why your 2.4 million statement. It was either mostly about Cataclysm, or you have a working crystal ball. Which is it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Because often enough there isn't anything else to do. If i pick up shit outside for a job and keep doing it doesen't mean its a great job, I just can't get anything better at the time. Surely you've seen all the people who play WoW whining about pretty much everything. There aren't many good games out there atm but that doesen't mean WoW doesen't suck at all.

Prove that only 2.4 million people left wow in that period, because if more than that left your argument is false.

Try putting in a tax return showing only your losses and not gains and see how far you get.
    regardless of how many more signed up or started again, at its peak it had slightly over 12M and 2 years later it is sitting at 9.6M The math does not lie.

Deleted
    Wrath had 12 million. You are making excuses for MOP like a typical fanboy.

opinion =/= fact, I am yet to find a better mmo, if you know of one, please educate me.
    Just because there isn't a better MMORPG, doesn't mean that WoW is allowed to be terrible.

Wrath had 12 million. You are making excuses for MOP like a typical fanboy.

Just because there isn't a better MMORPG, doesn't mean that WoW is allowed to be terrible.
    It's your opinion that it is terrible, not fact, it is mine it is far from terrible.

Wrath had 12 million, BC had 8, so you're saying BC was terrible because it had 50% less subs than wrath?

Deleted
    It's your opinion that it is terrible, not fact, it is mine it is far from terrible.

Wrath had 12 million, BC had 8, so you're saying BC was terrible because it had 50% less subs than wrath?
    BC had 11 million subs by the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I suspect well over 20 mill people have played and left Wow at some point, again completely irrelevant, all that is relevant is the nett number of subs over any given period.

okay no problem

Q4 2010 at 12 million players world wide reported by blizzard http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=548900

Q1 2011 - Blizzard reported a 600,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=575495 this would bring subs down to 11.4 million world wide

Q2 2011 - Blizzard reported a 300,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=596540 this would bring subs down to 11.1 million world wide

Q3 2011 - Blizzard reported a 800,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=104674 this would bring subs down to 10.3 million world wide

Q4 2011 - Blizzard reported a 100,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=108428 this would bring subs down to 10.2 million world wide

Q1 2012 - Blizzard reported Subscribers remained flat (no lost reported) http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=112584 this would keep the subs at 10.2 million world wide

Q2 2012 - Blizzard reported 1.1 Million subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=116427 this would bring subs down to 9.1 million world wide

Q3 2012 - Blizzard reported 10 Million Plus players (900k plus player gain) http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=120047 this would bring subs up to 10 million plus world wide

Q1 2013 - Blizzard reported 9.6 Million subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=124455 this would bring subs up to 9.6 million plus world wide

Do I need to break anything else down for you with proof?

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 01:27 PM ----------

Wrath had 12 million is fact
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-09 at 09:28 PM.