Poll: Should it be considered a form of child abuse?

Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vegetarians & Child abuse.

So here's the question.. Should vegetarian parents who "force" their children to be vegetarians also, be charged with a form of child abuse?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

As long as they're being fed right, I don't see why it would be a form of child abuse. Its no different from Christians forcing their kids to go to Church.

well , the parent buy the food and make it , aslong as they paid for it they can make them eat whatever they wish.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    As long as they're being fed right, I don't see why it would be a form of child abuse. Its no different from Christians forcing their kids to go to Church.
    But I don't think you can die from not praying enough, or too much. Too much or too little food, and eating habits can be a very serious health hazard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    well , the parent buy the food and make it , aslong as they paid for it they can make them eat whatever they wish.
    Really? Wow.. I'm not even going to address that.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless the children are suffering from malnutrition.

Deleted
    If they are getting all the nourishment their body needs, then no it's not child abuse.

If they are suffering as a result of some weird diet, then maybe.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    So here's the question.. Should vegetarian parents who "force" their children to be vegetarians also, be charged with a form of child abuse?
    Should parents who are religious that "force" their religion on their kids be charged with a form of child abuse?

Should parents who feed their kids McDonalds every day be charged with child abuse?

I made that example just to prove how ridiculous it sounds. Though personally, I think the latter might be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Should parents who are religious that "force" their religion on their kids be charged with a form of child abuse?
    I'm ok with that! But you beat me to it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If the children are healthy than no. I do kinda feel bad for the kids. Never get to have a nice piece of steak!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just like religious parents aren't committing child abuse by bringing up their child in a religion, just like political parents aren't committing child abuse by bringing up their child with a specific political view, just like making your child eat meat isn't child abuse, just like allowing your child to watch too much TV and play too many video games isn't child abuse, just like disallowing your child from watching any TV or playing any video games isn't child abuse, just like allowing your child to get fat isn't child abuse, just like making your kid exercise a lot isn't child abuse, and just like circumcision isn’t child abuse.

They may be being bad and/or foolish parents, but it isn't child abuse.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

This is a joke. How would this be child abuse? What if the main dietary choices were opposite of what they are now, and eating only meat was child abuse? In no way is this child abuse although people may disagree.

As long as the kids are getting everything their bodies need and are at least relatively happy with the food (no more upset with it than any of us were with stuff Mom and Dad made us eat), I see no problem whatsoever.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

I made that example just to prove how ridiculous it sounds.
    I don't follow.. Religion in itself is not something you need to sustain life.. What does forcing a child to goto church, have to do with forcing a lack-of certain food groups?

I don't follow.. Religion in itself is not something you need to sustain life.. What does forcing a child to goto church, have to do with forcing a lack-of certain food groups?
    Lacking certain food groups doesn't matter so long as you have the required nutrients.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as they dont suffer from malnutrition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Lacking certain food groups doesn't matter so long as you have the required nutrients.
    And who's to say they do? Obviously they have a greater chance of not, than a kid who can eat whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Apart from the fact your missing out on so much.
    ? I'm not a vegetarian but the nutrients you get from meat can be replaced by other sources.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    But it definetly decides how you live and how you may grow up. Infact, in many countries it defines who you become and what you are allowed to do. I'd even go so far as to say that some countries do it so harshly, that it -is- child abuse.

There is nothing painful about being vegetarian. There is no suffering involved. Infact, I'm quite sure parents are open to their kids being allowed the choice of what they want to eat, much like how every religious pair of parents feel that it's up to their kids wether they want to share their faith.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Apart from the fact your missing out on so much.
    Millions of Indians are vegetarian. I don't think they anguish over it.

I had a friend who grew up a vegetarian. He was completely unable to eat any form of meat because it made him sick to do so, because he was used to vegetarian food. So it's not really "missing out" when eating meat will make you sick.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-01-17 at 05:36 AM.

And who's to say they do? Obviously they have a greater chance of not, than a kid who can eat whatever.
    Huh? Most intelligent vegetarians have better and healthier diets than kids who can 'eat whatever'.

If your question is actually 'should parents who allow their kids to suffer from malnutrition be charged with child abuse?', then yes. Your guess that all vegetarians are somehow suffering from malnutrition is foolish and I think you should do some research.

Deleted
    Go to the Sport and Fitness Forum, make a thread abot nutrion and loosing weigth, und see what is the healthiest diet (alot od debate). If you ask me, an advanced paleo diet would be the best. So if you want diet x, be it vegan/vegetarian/batarian etc as unhealty or healthy you need a reliable usful source, and the statedepartments (right word?) aren`t, they are lead by the lobbists. But like religion, as look there is no acute health problem, it`s their choice, BUT:

a) children should be able to take parents in responsibility, even after become adult, if they did something wrong, and it could be know
    b) if the child(/teen decide, it wants a different diet (example, parents vegan, and don`t want that their child eats meat), should be enabled and allowed too.