Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Erm... People ..... If I go to a random store which sells computer stuff or w/e and someone who work in the store help me with w/e Im looking for. Should I then tip him for doing his job , aka find the item I want and I end up buying it ? His job is to sell the store's products and he obviously want people to return and buy more, isn't that why they have services and such? If you delivered the 150 pizza or what the actual number was, like à freaking pro, I bet they would consider order from your company/restaurant/shop again? Im not from the tipping culture but if I buy 150 pizza and I they have a set price for how much it will cost, I sure as hell wouldn't tip extra for something I already paid for . To me, it's almost as if the busdriver would charge the passengers for the gas or things similiar to that... Typing from my iPhone and autocorrect is beeing à bitch so excuse me if something got fucked up!
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    You got screwed by a cheap fuck. Next time they order, you'll know well enough to have your friends in the back rub each pizza crust under the rim of the toilet bowl before they ladle the tomato sauce on.
    This is a good way to get the whole place closed, and you and your 'friends in the back' to get fired...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I feel like if someone can buy like 150 pizzas they can at least give a 10$ tip. If it is a school using Government money the person who set it up should tip out their own pocket then.
    thank you. its not like the guy is asking for 15%...but come on a ten spot? a lincoln? hell a hand full of quarters would do. you would be surpised on how much the people who service you with things like food appreciate just a couple extra bucks for wading through the elements to bring you hot (most of the time) food.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    What do the homeless have to do with the system of pizza delivery and the culture of tipping? Add the word's "broken system" to "real job" to the list of things that I'm still waiting for you to explain. And answer the question instead of dodging it. Do you yourself honestly believe that a delivery driver's wage pays for the following; gas, incurance, maintenance?
    That is your problem, not the customers.

Lets not get off topic ladies and gentlemen. This is not a discussion about the systems in country X and country Y, or how things are done in country Q (because that clearly adds to the dicussion /endsarcasm). Many of you make a valid point that tipping is not mandatory. It is fair to assume that you've never had to work a job where tips were a vital source of your income. I never go to a delivery expecting a tip, nor am I the type of person that stands around waiting for one.

Deleted
    Justice was served.

Deleted
    People just straight out expecting a tip don't deserve a tip. But then again I'm guessing it's different in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Erm... People ..... If I go to a random store which sells computer stuff or w/e and someone who work in the store help me with w/e Im looking for. Should I then tip him for doing his job , aka find the item I want and I end up buying it ? His job is to sell the store's products and he obviously want people to return and buy more, isn't that why they have services and such? If you delivered the 150 pizza or what the actual number was, like à freaking pro, I bet they would consider order from your company/restaurant/shop again? Im not from the tipping culture but if I buy 150 pizza and I they have a set price for how much it will cost, I sure as hell wouldn't tip extra for something I already paid for . To me, it's almost as if the busdriver would charge the passengers for the gas or things similiar to that... Typing from my iPhone and autocorrect is beeing à bitch so excuse me if something got fucked up!
    the problem with this argument is the guy at the store is not using his gas in his car to drive 10 miles to bring you computer part in a short specified ammount of time...the busdriver...gas in the bus is paid for the by city/county/state so again not a very valid comparison

Lets not get off topic ladies and gentlemen. This is not a discussion about the systems in country X and country Y, or how things are done in country Q (because that clearly adds to the dicussion /endsarcasm). Many of you make a valid point that tipping is not mandatory. It is fair to assume that you've never had to work a job where tips were a vital source of your income. I never go to a delivery expecting a tip, nor am I the type of person that stands around waiting for one.
    Aye, don't take it personal mate.
    I always tip extra if it's worthy to do so while it isn't mandatory at all in my country.
    It would be great if we could all just get mimimum wage and the expense of tools used to work with.
    My reactions might be slightly harsh but I'm actually standing up and think that you SHOULD be payed minimum wage and the expense of tools.
    Do not like the way your country decided to not help you out financially even tho you have a valid job.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-01-20 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Think you should be grateful they decided to order them at your company.
    Could've went for a different pizza-shack, especially when you whine about tipping.

Was just about to reply somthing very much like this.

if anything the buyers should be pissed that they did not get a discount placing a order that big ....... now if they got a discount there would be room for a tip, so go complain to whoever you work for, and tell them that next time somone order more then 10 pizzas at the same time give them a 10% discount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junir View Post
    I feel OP's pain i delivered pizzas forever, thats fine if they didn't tip, because it was fun dummping thier trash on the front yard, and sometimes going back in the morning to watch them all mad picking it up. so the non-tip people can stay that "cool". Im just saying if its ok to not tip then its ok for me to trash your shit since we have come to the conclusion that you have no morals or sympathy so now i dont either.
    Funny thing, bet you'd find it just as funny if one of those folks caught you and detained you to give you to law enforcement for malicious mischief or did something worse. Might be time to learn what morals are, just cause someone is a dick to you, doesn't give you the right to be a dick back.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post

if anything the buyers should be pissed that they did not get a discount placing a order that big ....... now if they got a discount there would be room for a tip, so go complain to whoever you work for, and tell them that next time somone order more then 10 pizzas at the same time give them a 10% discount.
    maybe you should take a look at the receipt again....800 dollars for 100 pizzas is 8 bucks a pie...which is pretty good steal over here. also you can look and see were its says PRICE EDITED so it looks like they DID get a deal and still chose not to be kind in anyway

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetic.
    Do your job or go be a hippie.[/QUOTE]

pompous
    call me what you will, picking up your filth....and thats the point there buddy I did my job delivered the food, im not seeing the point of the "go do your job". nice job resorting to name calling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that you aren't being truthful because you are here pissing and crying about NOT getting tipped, which means you OBVIOUSLY expected a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post

They got somewhere in the realm of 45% off their order. Total retail value of that order was around 2,664$

Quote Originally Posted by Junir View Post
    Pathetic.
    Do your job or go be a hippie.

pompous
    call me what you will, picking up your filth....and thats the point there buddy I did my job delivered the food, im not seeing the point of the "go do your job". nice job resorting to name calling.
    Enjoy your time in prison , "human".

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-20 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I suspect that you aren't being truthful because you are here pissing and crying about NOT getting tipped, which means you OBVIOUSLY expected a tip.
    Not really pissing or crying (lied, i just went bio). I posted the picture because of how absurd it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    People made me hate tipping. Instead of change, the pizza delivery guys took ALL of my money, even though I planned to give them some attention...just not all of it. Now I don't tip anymore, unless the difference is really really small and I'm too lazy to wait for the change.
    You should consider tipping as an act of goodness, and not tipping as an act of neutrality not as an act of offense, you pretentious pricks.
    You are from the EU, right? There you are right. In the US tipping is part of the income of personel in the service industrie. It's expected to add about 10% as a tipp. Without tipps a waiter or a pizza delivery boy would get less than 4$/hour. The whole tipping system should be removed and bosses should have to pay enough money to make a living. But cultures are different and USA hates to change anything (that's why they are still using miles instead of kilometers).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Wow, not even a month pass and another tip beggar thread again? They're not your employer and owe you nothing. Need money - ask your boss or shut up.

Deleted
    Lol the OP is crying hes ass off because a costumer, WHICH BOUGHT PIZZAS for 1300 dollars, didn't tip him. Seriously, if someone bought something for that amount from my place, I wouldn't even dare to demand a tip.
    Doesn't you employer give you extra benefits if you have larger orders? If not, it's your own damn fault for 1) working like a slave for almost nothing and 2) wasting your time so far just to end up being a pizza delivery boy.