Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Just sit on the throne stairs and kill the spirits? If enrage is not an issue.
    Well uhm, enrage is not an issue IF I dont go to the throne, otherwise it will be an issue. Have to get around 5 to 10% off him every transition or I will lack dps I am afraid.

edit: like all the people I watched do this fight, stay in middle to continue dps'ing, they dont seem to have the issues with the ice spheres that I have either, so I am just wondering if either they wiped a ton on them but obviously didnt upload their wipes, or I am just being god damn unlucky with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Not quite, most people maximise DpS and just use DS for Death Runes and Heart Strike as much as possible until they get close to GCD caps.

I did my first MoP 25m Marrowgar kill in 5.0 wearing a 465ish mix of DpS/Tank gear and could substitute some of the Death Strikes for Heart Strikes to push some more DpS, so the self healing really shouldn't be an issue.

When most people here talk about soloing, they talk about 500ish item levels (or 520+ in some cases). It doesn't change a lot in terms of survivability (a bit more stam, armor and haste), most of what it changes is the killing speed which is only interesting if you fear enrage timers.
    Huh, thought DS was a higher Damage Per Rune than Heartstrike. I'll keep this in mind the next time I try out heroic 25 LK. Also, can't believe I didn't think about just standing with butt to throne, even survived an orb once and just figured it was good luck on my part.

This pretty much - I am doing LK with like <5k mastery and its still no problem outhealing
    Might try stacking more Mastery as 1800 makes things pretty scary with my gear.

Kind of related: Unless I get lucky from LFR and get LFR GotFH I'm wondering which of these three weapons will be better for Blood soloing; Lionheart Executione, Reborn (Hit+Exp str 2h), stage three Lunar Crescent (Haste+Mastery str 2h) or that 2h sword from Concil with 650ish str and 1k hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Huh, thought DS was a higher Damage Per Rune than Heartstrike. I'll keep this in mind the next time I try out heroic 25 LK.
    If you want to cleave you can use HS for better damage than DS, but if you really want to hammer home a single target then you're probably better off with Necrotic Strike. It deals 150% weapon damage compared to HS's 136.5% for the same number of runes, and since all your FU runes end up as D runes anyways they're pretty much interchangeable in your rotation (when subbing for DS).

DS does 259% weapon damage for 2 runes, so 129.5% per rune, so both HS and NS outclass it slightly in terms of DPR. If you're struggling for GCDs though (AMS is up or something) remember that GCDs are a resource, so occasionally DS will come ahead simply because it's the only way to dump those runes fast enough.

ok this is actually doing my head in. .and im getting rather pissed at it. ilvl 500. 180k 2h frost dps on alyrazor. cant down it. phase 2 ALWAYS occur. what the actual fuck is wrong. how could people do this at 85......................................
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Erm... Faceroll through phase 2 with free Death strikes and kill her in ignition phase (+100% damage to her)?

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    ok this is actually doing my head in. .and im getting rather pissed at it. ilvl 500. 180k 2h frost dps on alyrazor. cant down it. phase 2 ALWAYS occur. what the actual fuck is wrong. how could people do this at 85......................................
    They went Blood and killed the adds at 85, as far as I know only Mione did it. Casters and such just went up the hill on Rhyolith and used defensive cooldowns and the haste buff to spam heal through the damage.

Just go blood and faceroll it when she goes down with a million vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Being blood helps. I'm in half tank/DPS gear and I can kill her before she takes off again. Make sure you pop Army right before she lands as she has the damage debuff. Also make sure you're interrupting the 2 channelers on her...Death Grip one in, Strangulate the other. Once they're in, pop Remorseless Winter while continuing to lay into her.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Well uhm, enrage is not an issue IF I dont go to the throne, otherwise it will be an issue. Have to get around 5 to 10% off him every transition or I will lack dps I am afraid.

edit: like all the people I watched do this fight, stay in middle to continue dps'ing, they dont seem to have the issues with the ice spheres that I have either, so I am just wondering if either they wiped a ton on them but obviously didnt upload their wipes, or I am just being god damn unlucky with them!
    Its likely a gear thing. I know some people advocate dpsing the lich king during the transitions but it can be quite rough at times. I usually stay in and dps until I get silenced by the first raging spirit then go out.

While my gear allows me to just stay on the outside and blood boil/icy touch them down, with lesser gear I can totally see how this could be a problem.

Mione did it with 506 ilvl in the video so if you have lower it may be a gear issue. If you are having trouble seeing the spheres you can make a macro, just know if you get bad silence rng, you can end up with multiple orbs up at once which gets extremely chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post

One piece of advice is to not use blood runes for anything other than the ice spheres, you should be able to kill them with 2 blood boils as soon as they come out, you can also throw a free dnd down as well, if you're silenced then use heart strike or just run around in circles to kite them if needed.

I did it at 490 and it was pretty difficult to not wipe to enrage, had several 13% wipes and a couple 11% wipes, obviously at 500 something it's no longer an issue.

I finally downed Lich King 25 Heroic. When he was at 15% it said "Enrage in 30 seconds".. I am just glad I did not get pulled into another Frostmourne room. Either way, Invincible farming here I come! <3

Last edited by Gontier; 2013-04-08 at 10:19 AM.

Did LK today aswell, think I had atleast 5 minutes left on enrage, even with running around blood boiling the frost orbs (managed to get hit by one, but goblin glider do I love you!), then again I have decent gear. Damage was a joke, only time my shield droped was when there was magic damage in transition phase. Unfortunetly, Fnx did not share any of his luck, so Invisble, cya next week.

Sorry if it has been discussed, but why haven't death knights killed Yogg-Saron without watchers on 25-man? I would expect it to be down by now :P I've been trying hard for the last few days on my hunter, best try 3% and I know it's possible, but god DAMN there is a lot of RNG and you need absolutely perfect execution to get it down (at least with 519 ilvl, 541 weapon, 2p T14).

So, as expected :P I haven't had much time myself to be honest, but these past days I've gone nuts on Yogg-Saron because I know it's possible with my gear, just very very hard...

As for instant mind control in phase 2... I'm sitting in feign for nearly 10 seconds to make it stop at 28, and sometimes I just get a random psychosis anyway... SOO many wipes to that or just bad rng with corruptor spawn points and casts.

Deleted
    I'll give it a try, in uld already.

Grats I'm at 408 wipes so far, although some are from an earlier patch, and some from doing it with 1 watcher (super easy, but I had such terrible RNG when I did it so it took way more attempts than it should have)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Grats I'm at 408 wipes so far, although some are from an earlier patch, and some from doing it with 1 watcher (super easy, but I had such terrible RNG when I did it so it took way more attempts than it should have)
    That is some insane dedication right there... wow. How much stuff on your desk did you break during all of those wipes? ^^

I finally got around to doing Algalon 10-Man. I did it as 2H frost with an ilvl of 520. He died just as I got a second stack of Fusion Punch, lol. Tomorrow I'll switch it over to 25-Man and have some attempts on Yogg0 and hopefully kill him if RNG is on my side.

As I continue on my quest to down HCLK 25, I've crossed a few other things off my list this week. Lots of Cataclysm content (Never got around to the 'new' ZA bear run as I'd quit around that time, so I knocked that out) has been pretty easy this far, but I am completely lost in Firelands 10reg. Mostly because I'd quit during the ZA patch and didn't come back until DS, so I missed Firelands entirely.

Is there any good place you guys would recommend that had short guides on Firelands from a solo perspective? (Nothing super in-depth, but maybe more detailed than the notes on the spreadsheet) Or can any of you do a quick and dirty rundown on the bosses for someone like me who is inexperienced in there?

EDIT: Also, another quick note - I'm curious what kind of consumables you guys use? I go in with drums of kings, runescroll, str pots, and flasks, but I was wondering if there is anything more obscure that most players wouldn't think about at first glance?
    Last edited by Monteverdi; 2013-04-04 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    I finally got around to doing Algalon 10-Man. I did it as 2H frost with an ilvl of 520. He died just as I got a second stack of Fusion Punch, lol. Tomorrow I'll switch it over to 25-Man and have some attempts on Yogg0 and hopefully kill him if RNG is on my side.
    I can tell you already now that being frost for 25man wont take you very far But go ahead.

Regarding Yogg 0 - Would you be willing to share the details of how you manage the transition to phase 2, and how you deal with the brain room? I never did Yogg live, and I have a pretty hard time not facing skulls while getting to the room fast - especially since unlike 10-man you can't just drop a dnd on a group of illusions and have them die.

For the transition, I kind of slogged through it, but I don't know if there's a better way of getting out of the tentacle than pre-drop dnd and spam blood boil forever, and then, whether we should be worrying about killing other tentacles or just going through the portal right away.