yeah only issue with the scientist is that i can't seem to get the fucker through the gauntlet of insects beforehand, nothing, not death coil spam, nothing seems to work, i'll keep trying to get one thorugh and see what happens.i infuse the thing everytime but then he enrages and i'm a goner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    yeah only issue with the scientist is that i can't seem to get the fucker through the gauntlet of insects beforehand, nothing, not death coil spam, nothing seems to work, i'll keep trying to get one thorugh and see what happens.
    There's a simple trick for that. Just before you enter the gauntlet, dismiss the scientist and go into it. The scientist will not be damaged by the insects. When you're done with the gauntlet, simply re-control his mind

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Any idea if I could solo LK25HC with my gear?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rialtwo/simple
    Not minding the horrible enchants and gems, of course.

Is LK10HC easy? I haven't actually ever killed it, so I fancy that title and such.
    I'd say no, you need better gear. However if you go in fully buffed you could be able to kill him.

Maybe doable if you're very skilled, I for one have a hard time dpsing the boss in the Off-phases due to not being able to manage everything that has to be taken care of at the same time there (dps boss, using survival cds, keeping an eye out for orb spawns and getting them down in time before next one spawns).

LK10HC is real easy, just don't fail on the mechanics and you should be fine.

PS, you can easily 2man LK 20hc, just bring a dpser friend and have him nuke like crazy in P1, unless he is a healer class he will probably die in P1 and then you ress him in the final phase (after the 1st throne room).

Can someone tell me, which bosses are soloable only with engineering?

Deleted
    Thorim used to be, don't know if he still is.
    Engineering is kinda mandatory is you want to skip Valithria and do Sindragosa directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Any idea if I could solo LK25HC with my gear?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rialtwo/simple
    Not minding the horrible enchants and gems, of course.

Is LK10HC easy? I haven't actually ever killed it, so I fancy that title and such.
    It'll be rough with some of the items you have. If you still have a tank item after ToT LFR, Oondasta, Galleon and Sha I would just farm the 476 PVP gear to replace those items. Fortunately you have a nice weapon and that can make up for a low ilvl. I'd wait until you get at least the Shado-Pan Assault Trinket as that's a delicious amount of expertise for getting you to the hard cap. If you're still somewhat low on expertise you may want to wait until you get the SPA bracers as well. All together that's what, 1700 or so?

As for practicing the fight you're better off just getting used to 25 man normal. 10 man Heroic LK has less hp so you're going to be pushing phases way to fast for anything meaningful. There's really not that much different between normal and heroic mechanic wise if you go in solo except Shadow Trap and how Harvest Soul works.

Deleted
    Quite interested in giving Ragnaros a go but alas, I am banished from his realm due to that annoying little...(bad guy i'll say :P) at his front door .
    Any tips for staghelm?
    BB as much as I can for the kitties but there's only so much I can do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It'll be rough with some of the items you have. If you still have a tank item after ToT LFR, Oondasta, Galleon and Sha I would just farm the 476 PVP gear to replace those items. Fortunately you have a nice weapon and that can make up for a low ilvl. I'd wait until you get at least the Shado-Pan Assault Trinket as that's a delicious amount of expertise for getting you to the hard cap. If you're still somewhat low on expertise you may want to wait until you get the SPA bracers as well. All together that's what, 1700 or so?

As for practicing the fight you're better off just getting used to 25 man normal. 10 man Heroic LK has less hp so you're going to be pushing phases way to fast for anything meaningful. There's really not that much different between normal and heroic mechanic wise if you go in solo except Shadow Trap and how Harvest Soul works.
    I hope you're not suggesting going for the hardcap... Rune Strike can only be missed and Death Strike can't be parried, thus expertise only helps with Heart Strike and Soul Reaper - and those points are better off in haste or crit..

EDIT: And if you want to bring along a DPS friend for LK 25 hc, he can do some crazy dps in the first p1 but he has to die latest at the end of the first transition. When the 2nd transition is just about the end, rezz him and wait for LK to pull you into the Frost room. As soon as you are pulled in, your friend should accept the invite and he gets another free 35-40sec dps time on the LK without any mechanics at all (everything freezes in motion outside of the frostmourne room and he can just stnad there and burn him down). That's what I'm doing currently, he just tags along for transmog stuff and doens't want Invincible, and for me it's a bit easier (no reforges needed, I kill him easily in my full tankgear with FC + Str trinkets)
    Last edited by rhapso; 2013-04-09 at 06:06 PM.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting going for the hardcap... Rune Strike can only be missed and Death Strike can't be parried, thus expertise only helps with Heart Strike and Soul Reaper - and those points are better off in haste or crit..
    I was under the impression that auto-attack damage was significant enough to go for the hard cap. If I'm wrong then I'll probably try LK again later this week even without upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I was under the impression that auto-attack damage was significant enough to go for the hard cap. If I'm wrong then I'll probably try LK again later this week even without upgrades.
    As far as I am aware you want 7.5% hit/exp>haste>crit>mastery for solo'ing. That's what I am running with at least!
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

How do you go about dealing with the plague? Whenever I take a friend in with me to 25H LK the plague bounces to me eventually and pretty much 1 shots me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammonds View Post
    How do you go about dealing with the plague? Whenever I take a friend in with me to 25H LK the plague bounces to me eventually and pretty much 1 shots me. Thanks.
    This is the funny thing about soloing. Many boss mechanics aren't cast on the tank, so they don't go off when there's just one person in the raid. However, when you add another person all these mechanics start showing up. In other words, get rid of your friend, or bring more than one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas for Sinestra? I hit a wall at Phase 2

Ideally your friend is a ranged class of some sort and never stands near adds. They'll just have to live through the single plague stack until it falls off. If they're too close and they die from the plague or if they dispel the plague near and add then the plague jumps to adds, eventually onto you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either ranged player or get some range between the plague-player and the rest. With current health pools and the healing toolkit of all classes, you can easily outheal one plague (3x 50k dmg) - If an Infest is also coming up, use a cooldown (as a DK, glyph of Death Coil might help you with the little absorb shield. You should be able to give your friend a shield in the 30-40k range)
    And as a tank there is a abysmal low chance that you get the plague. Worst case: play with the plague as you want and ChainOfIce the remaining mob with a highstack plague. In p2 (with your dead friend) you can stand still and soak all Defiles to the fullest - gave me about 70k vengeance (with 2 shambling horrors i think, canceled bloodshield from time to time)

and @Mione, ya Hard cap can have it's uses, but generally I wouldn't go for it, especially not for LK HC.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Any ideas for Sinestra? I hit a wall at Phase 2
    I don't think it ever has been soloed, and I think you either need quite insane dps in phase 2, or a healer, to move that channeling beam away from the guy (cant remember his name, been ages since I did that fight)

As for the plague when having 2 people, if you want to be safe, bring a Purification Potion. Between that and AMS, can't die from it really.
    That said you ideally avoid the plague totally by having your friend run away from any adds and letting it run out. As the plague kills off all the Shambers you want alive for vengeance.

Edit: Enlighten me what the use of hard cap expertise is, because I can't see the use of it over more haste/crit.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-04-10 at 02:54 AM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I don't think it ever has been soloed, and I think you either need quite insane dps in phase 2, or a healer, to move that channeling beam away from the guy (cant remember his name, been ages since I did that fight)

As for the plague when having 2 people, if you want to be safe, bring a Purification Potion. Between that and AMS, can't die from it really.
    That said you ideally avoid the plague totally by having your friend run away from any adds and letting it run out. As the plague kills off all the Shambers you want alive for vengeance.

Edit: Enlighten me what the use of hard cap expertise is, because I can't see the use of it over more haste/crit.
    More RP generated from SoB, not missing with Heartstrike, Necrotic Strike, and more white hits I suppose. Next time I try heroic 25 LK I'll see how not going for the hard cap feels. But that won't be until the weekend at the earliest since a friend of mine needs help with his infusions.

My first post ever so forgive any errors. I attempted to solo Arthas on 25 Heroic today. It's long been on my list of things to do, because I want Invincible really bad. I've read this thread regularly to see how my fellow DK's have done it, and for tips and tricks. I have an Ilvl of 503 currently for dps gear. I've read that it's doable with around 500 so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I read that you gotta let the adds stay on you for extra vengeance. That was easy enough. I recall reading you should let him spawn three shambling adds before pushing him to p2. That was no problem as I had several of them when he finally went into that phase. P2 I read it's best to stay on him and continue to dps, and just avoid the orbs. Here's where I ran into problems. I was just taking massive amounts of damage during this part, and just could not stay on him during this part.

P3 again no problems here, just the added nuisance of blanket silences from the new adds. I read that during this part it is best to avoid the defiles. P4 was the same as P2 I just couldn't take the damage. P4 I read you should just stay in the defiles, and can easily live through them and they fuel more vengeance. Again when I tried this, I just started taking way to much damage, and had to pull out or die. The Vile Spirits hurt badly, but I'd either AMS through it, or pop a cd or two and keep on trucking.

My best attempt I got him to 15% before he enraged and murdered my face. I'd link my armory but it wont let me. My characters name is Shiöri on Wyrmrest Accord, any feedback is appreciated. I'm down to three items below ilvl 500, and should shortly have ilvl 522 boots, and hopefully another tier 15 piece so I can get my 2 set bonus on. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ForteGSX View Post
    My best attempt I got him to 15% before he enraged and murdered my face. I'd link my armory but it wont let me. My characters name is Shiöri on Wyrmrest Accord, any feedback is appreciated. I'm down to three items below ilvl 500, and should shortly have ilvl 522 boots, and hopefully another tier 15 piece so I can get my 2 set bonus on. Thanks in advance.
    If you already got him to 15% you do know how it works and just need to get your stuff together, some more vengeance, some additional gear tweaks (e.g. more DpS stats, less mastery), using DRW more effectively and keep on trying until he's down.

Deleted
    Al'akir 25N down, was really simple, a bit of a gear check tho, but really really simple as long as you keep up the stacks. First 25M cata raid boss done as far as I can see?

ps: I did hit berserk at around 3-4% coz I was kind of derp with my dps (Didn't let the stacks drop, just derp)

HC doable??
    I would say yes, but! it'll take some practice, I have a plan how to do it at least.
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2013-04-10 at 02:46 PM.