Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
American border guards are assholes though; whereas the Canadian ones just look inside my car, make sure my passport is real, and send me off.
I watched the video you linked, and honestly I think the border patrol did a pretty good job. The Canadian dude clearly knew he was recording the exchange, and clearly he was doing so for a reason (the reason being he planned on pushing some buttons to see if he could get a rise from someone) and he got exactly what he was looking for and then some. Was there a reason for the border guards to harass (I used the word loosely) the guy when he only planned on taking his wife to the mall? No, not really, but if the guy hadn't made SUCH a big deal about the admittedly silly question he would have been on his way. As discussed elsewhere in this thread, when people are asked if they're terrorists, or if they plan on harming US citizens, they're not likely to say yes, right? What do they say? Who knows? Probably something like "No, I'm just going to the mall." /shrug