Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    So there are only 2 reasons, to be a dick or to compensate for sucking against your own lvl =P
    exactly that, some ppl just want to be dicks and since its allowed (from the rulles of the pvp server and by you since you made a char into one) they do so

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people don't get that there are people that like pvp but don't like taking a year plus to lvl?
    I don't understand why people exaggerate in an attempt to make their opinion seem like it has any weight. It wouldn't take a year.

My friends and I liked the challenge of leveling to Max level on a PVP server, because it seemed like an actual accomplishment.

We fought for everything. Questing, farming mats, whatever. WARcraft. Battlegrounds are a given.

We'd kill each other's Flightpath people, NPCs, etc. We WANTED PVP as much as possible. It was fun. If you get ganked, get some friends. Fun happens.

I remember when I went with some Guildies in our 40's, to go play tricks on 60's in STV back in the day. We'd send one of us out as bait, and then we'd beat the hell out of the 60 that thought he'd get an easy gank.

Leveling on a Carebear server is appropriate for people that can't handle the environment of a PVP server, or don't want to.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-01-22 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    Saw the thread on the front page, but unfortunately the OP was on my ignore list and I managed to avoid another Jaylock thread. Unfortunately due to this I can't see what the blue post was about.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    I've got an easy fix.
    If you kill someone in world pvp that is, lets say 3 or more levels lower than you, you gets a debuff so you can't mount for lets say 3 minutes. Now you can't get away after ganking and are prone to get roflstomped yourself.
    This would discourage all those lowbies that just want to faceroll chars 50 levels lower than them and would actually contribute to world pvp, because if you gank a lowbie now this would be like saying "here i am, bring your main and your friends i'll be waiting" then there might be some actual world pvp and not a lvl 90 going
    "lololololol icelance in your face lvl 34 dude, now i'm gonna mount my swift pink assrocket and fly away so you can't gank me back with your main"

Easy fix. Make a gank have a simple "you no fly away" debuff
    It's not an easy fix though, that would be a terrible "fix" because then players lower level than you would attack you, knowing if they win, you die, and if you win, you get punished, they can't do anything like that

But an even better "fix"

Roll PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you serious? Wow, such cluelessness astounds me.

NO WHERE did it say when you rolled on your PvP server did it say that there would be a fair fight every time you encountered a player of the enemy faction. Please, if you see that somewhere when you CHOOSE / KNOWINGLY Roll a PvP server, please tell me, i would really like you to point that out.

Your QQ fest is nill and void, because you continue to choose to play on a PvP server when you know the consequences of doing so.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:37 PM ----------

I've leveled about 6 characters to 80 now with RaF, and ive been ganked only a handfull of times across all those characters. Your argument is invalid.
    Just because it worked for you does not make the argument invalid.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I don't understand why people exaggerate in an attempt to make their opinion seem like it has any weight. It wouldn't take a year.

My friends and I liked the challenge of leveling to Max level on a PVP server, because it seemed like an actual accomplishment.

We fought for everything. Questing, farming mats, whatever. WARcraft. Battlegrounds are a given.

We'd kill each other's Flightpath people, NPCs, etc. We WANTED PVP as much as possible. It was fun. If you get ganked, get some friends. Fun happens.

I remember when I went with some Guildies in our 40's, to go play tricks on 60's in STV back in the day. We'd send one of us out as bait, and then we'd beat the hell out of the 60 that thought he'd get an easy gank.

Leveling on a Carebear server is appropriate for people that can't handle the environment of a PVP server, or don't want to.
    I 'exaggerate' because I am talking for some people that don't play this game every day...obviously if I leveled an alt...I could do it relatively fast. But my friend that I am trying to get into the game lvls slow for 1 and gets frustrated when getting camped...so those 2 things combined means she is a lvl 60 while having the game for 6 months...so is that exaggeration now?

and the biggest point im trying to make is...I like ganking. Im not for the camping of low lvl bodies. period. I love pvp, what you did back int he day to the lvl 60's when you were 40 is awesome but some of the biggest problems in wpvp today is that so much changed that it is not the same. the health pools and damge grew so out of control that you can't get a bunch of low lvls to gank a 90, people can fly with extremely fast flying everywhere just mindlessly killing any lvler they see (which they will see a lot of them with the travel speed we have now) and CRZ will make it so there are gankers on 24/7, its no longer, ok...he will leave me alone after a while, no now there will be someone on nonstop.
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2013-01-22 at 06:58 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Idiocy. Pure idiocy. PvP isn't a level 90 character one-shotting a lowbie. Where is the VERSUS? Do people actually forget what PvP *means*?

Reading this thread, it seems they have. All PvP servers have going for them now is the chance for people to be bullies. In vanilla, no matter how bad it got, there weren't level gaps like there are now, there weren't flying mounts, there weren't any 200k damaging attacks against players with 5k health. I played on nothing but PvP servers when I began this game, but then PvP died and all that was left was the gankers and the griefers.

What sickens me is seeing blues encouraging the bullying. Encourage real freaking PvP, damn you! But everyone loves to be a bully when they're protected by anonymity.
    Last edited by lostdrewid; 2013-01-22 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    by the way, the best tip if you are being camped is to log out for 5mins, the ganker usually gets bored then and flies off, works most of the time.
    I just stop. Like literally just stop. I dont care if i have to come back 5 times, eventually the ganker will see he/she is not getting a rise out of me and they find someone else to pester. This has been my strategy since Vanilla and has never let me down. Sometimes Ill even stay dead and let the 5 min timer auto send me to the gy while Im taking a piss or something. The less you care, the less repeated ganks you shall receive.

Oh here is another tip, tell someone in world defense for shits sake. Remember that while 90s are ganking you, your allied 90s are ganking others and regardless of what some runglockers think; not everyone is running from a fair fight and some are actually just trying to get more 90s out for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No, they'll be crying when the next season hits and everyone gets epic PvP gear for free and can fight back. A huge part of the "PvP" community is simply people looking for fights they can't possibly lose. MoP is the worst expansion for this, now that they introduced PvP power, it has become quite impossible to stand up against someone in PvE gear. For some anecdotal evidence, during dailies yesterday my Warlock got hit by a 180k devouring plague tick that was NOT a critical strike.

The flood of "professional PvPer" tears always hits forums when seasons are reset and people are fed equal gear from honor. People don't like it when some random can AFK in a BG for two days and actually fight back, all they want to do is win all the time. I don't blame them, though, nobody likes losing, and if you worked hard for that 1400 rating surely you deserve to beat random bads.

Some gankers are good PvPers, I've certainly lost fights in world PvP due to skill and situation instead of just gear. In my experience, these people still tend to complain when other people get the gear they have. It's just like the LFR free epics complaining from PvE, except these people also have the power to ruin your daily experience and they relish in it.
    well, im trying to stay away from the angle of judging skill or motivation. i am merely going off of past history. in the not-very-distant past these forums were rife with complaints of dead servers, primarily from pvp server people, and mostly from the crowd making "carebear" or "then go to a pve server noob" crowd. it seems that the same people cant recognize that it is in fact shitty behavior that causes empty pvp servers. basically there simply not enough people that think getting camped for hours on end is compelling pvp to populate servers, and it appears that history will repeat itself
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Idiocy. Pure idiocy. PvP isn't a level 90 character one-shotting a lowbie. Where is the VERSUS? Do people actually forget what PvP *means*?

Reading this thread, it seems they have. All PvP servers have going for them now is the chance for people to be bullies. In vanilla, no matter how bad it got, there weren't level gaps like there are now, there weren't flying mounts, there weren't any 200k damaging attacks against players with 5k health. I played on nothing but PvP servers when I began this game, but then PvP died and all that was left was the gankers and the griefers.

What sickens me is seeing blues encouraging the bullying. Encourage real freaking PvP, damn you! But everyone loves to be a bully when they're protected by anonymity.
    PVP means player versus player and N O T player versus equal player. fyi a player can vary nowdays from lvl 1 to 90

and noone told that they gank for the thrill of player versus equal player but just for the fuck of it cause they can

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I completely agree with the above. I'm not one of the gankers; I'm someone who's rolled on PvE since 2005, because *I don't want to participate in the above activities.*

I responded to it correctly. I rolled on a PvE server, and let the PvP people have their fun. I didn't roll on a PvP server and ask Blizzard to retroactively change it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:56 PM ----------

Maybe your friend needs to be on a PvE server.
    oh...I 100% agree. but the problem is...she wants to play the game with me. And here is the whole my friend is on a pvp server thing starts up again.People that defend camping don't care about friendships I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post

They only care about what their definition of PVP is...not the definition of the words within lol

Deleted
    oh...I 100% agree. but the problem is...she wants to play the game with me. And here is the whole my friend is on a pvp server thing starts up again.People that defend camping don't care about friendships I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:12 PM ----------

They only care about what their definition of PVP is...not the definition of the words within lol
    no sorry even if ppl say so almost noone will care for you personaly or your friend, but if you did you would explain her the concept of the pvp server she is coming to meet you, the dangers and asked her to make the descision. dont wait from ppl to change cause your friend got frustrated from something you got her into

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one hurting your friendship is you. You aren't limited to a certain number of characters. Start a new toon on her server with her or something. Transfer a character. There's plenty of options available to you.

You mean *the* definition.

The words are "player versus player". Not "player versus player with some measure of fair play". Not "player versus player within a certain level range".

Just "player versus player". A level 1 is a player, and a level 90 is a player. The level 90 ganking the level 1 is, by definition, "PvP". Anything else is something people are trying to fallaciously shoehorn in.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only one hurting your friendship is you. You aren't limited to a certain number of characters. Start a new toon on her server with her or something. Transfer a character. There's plenty of options available to you.

You mean *the* definition.

The words are "player versus player". Not "player versus player with some measure of fair play". Not "player versus player within a certain level range".

Just "player versus player". A level 1 is a player, and a level 90 is a player. The level 90 ganking the level 1 is, by definition, "PvP". Anything else is something people are trying to fallaciously shoehorn in.
    It's the versus word you guys have trouble with <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the trouble? I see no issue here. Player A Verses Player B and if those two players happen to be 89 levels apart, its still Player A Verses Player B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I have a dictionary. It doesn't imply a darn thing about fairness in the matchup, just that one is opposing the other.

If I decided to run a test about whether an egg or a bowling ball was better able to survive a drop onto concrete, and called my test "Egg versus Bowling Ball", that's totally correct and a proper use of the word. The two don't need to be evenly matched. That's the bit you're just outright making up, for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wheres the trouble? I see no issue here. Player A Verses Player B and if those two players happen to be 89 levels apart, its still Player A Verses Player B.
    Its a 1 way....Player A verse nothing (my opinion)
    there is no versus if B doesnt have even a chance to hit back (even if it is a 'miss' lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a 1 way....Player A verse nothing (my opinion)
    there is no versus if B doesnt have even a chance to hit back (even if it is a 'miss' lol)
    Right. You're making up stuff that isn't actually part of the definition.

Nothing you've stated is required or even implied by the use of the word "versus". You're just making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I agree. But I could swear I saw this before. Still, PvP servers are Pvp servers are PvP servers. Sucks to be ganked and attacked but it's what you took on when you signed up. This is really the effect of a server having more people, not specifically CRZ.
    Yeah, CRZ made the frequency of ganking go up imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right. You're making up stuff that isn't actually part of the definition.

Nothing you've stated is required or even implied by the use of the word "versus". You're just making stuff up.
    Whatever...agree to disagree
    When I hear versus...I think fight.
    And again...I'm implying, so I guess I am wrong.

Either way, I think pvp/wpvp is in a sad state and that doesn't mean I am against it. That is all I was trying to say to begin with. It just gets blown out of the water with the so many 'I'm right and your wrong no matter what' personalities in these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's virtually the exact same response that they gave over a month ago in a blue post that resulted in a 74 page thread here that just went in circles the entire time until it was inevitably closed. Are you trying to restart that thread? >.>

Personally, it's the response I expect from them and the response they have to give. It's not going to stop people who don't like it from complaining, so they will just keep repeating themselves.