Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I hate attitudes like this. Believe it or not, not everyone sits in front of the auction house pretending to be a stock broker. Some of us just play the game, and for us, these prices are absurd.
    Blizzard also allready said that the majority of players got below 50k gold.

But besides that I see no issue in the price. Its not something you absolutely need (and you would save the money for it if you did for raiding), and its supposed to be "legendary" - though imo its not all that legendary when you can get it from lfr, and everyone can get it for that matter. But can´t put the genie back in the bottle so to speak.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I paid more than that for epic gems in t13, and I used far more than 1 of those

Deleted
    I hate attitudes like this. Believe it or not, not everyone sits in front of the auction house pretending to be a stock broker. Some of us just play the game, and for us, these prices are absurd.
    :

People like you dont deserve legendaries then, you want it ? go do something for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flikgoeswild View Post
    :

People like you dont deserve legendaries then, you want it ? go do something for it
    Implying AH skill should be what warrants a legendary?

How is this even a problem? You shouldn't even be worrying about buying a replacement gem/socket if you're not going to get an upgrade from the LFR sha touched weapon.

If you're in a raiding guild and foresee yourself getting the normal or heroic mode weapon soon then hold off on using your gem/socket until you get it. Or start saving up gold if you're so eager to use them.

Deleted
    Its not 10k its 9 now except if blizz dint hotfix the vendor price
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-01-23 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Implying AH skill should be what warrants a legendary?
    It's not "AH" skill, it's dedication to a goal. Just like 5000g for epic flight is dedication to a goal. If you don't want to work for it, you don't think it's worth the effort, then you can sputter around on your 150% (was 60% and should've remained that way) regular flying speed. Don't demand the bar be lowered for you cause you don't want to put in the effort countless others have to get what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    They are way to common (imo keeping them out of the hands of the LFRaiders would be a step in the right direction) but once you've got them, there shouldn't be a "gold sink" for replacing them.
    Only 20% of the 10 million player base even raids. That's including LFR. Even if every single person who touched a raid had the gem, only 20% of the players would have them, and then, it's foolish to think that EVERYONE in that group has them.

More effort gets you more stuff.

Whowuddathunk?

Deleted
    im a player who doent sit in the AH, i just sell what i find that day and seldom i make stuff with LW and JC too sell. yet i can easily cought up 10k and 2.5k if i need replacements for these items.

so no , for players like us getting those amounts of gold aint an issue. even if you include repairs/pots and flask

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It's not "AH" skill, it's dedication to a goal. Just like 5000g for epic flight is dedication to a goal. If you don't want to work for it, you don't think it's worth the effort, then you can sputter around on your 150% (was 60% and should've remained that way) regular flying speed. Don't demand the bar be lowered for you cause you don't want to put in the effort countless others have to get what they wanted.
    Actually I'm set for replacement gems/sockets, nice try though. My issue is the people in this thread that actually think the replacement fee should be what's difficult about the legendary, instead of having it be attained through, well I don't know... crazy idea, more of a shot in the dark really, but actually being decent at raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Only 20% of the 10 million player base even raids. That's including LFR. Even if every single person who touched a raid had the gem, only 20% of the players would have them, and then, it's foolish to think that EVERYONE in that group has them.
    I'm not saying that every person in that 20% has one, what I am saying, is that they are fairly common for a "Legendary". The Problem is hopping into LFR every week (which, let's be honest, isn't raiding) shouldn't entitle someone to wellfare Legendaries.

I'm too cheap to dish out that much dough for stat enhancements, so guess I'll save my first batch for the last patch and its best-of-expansion gear.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The difference between the gem and improved mount speed is that the flying skill is permanent, whereas this gem will only be relevant (as far as we know) for a single tier of content. The gem seems expensive because it seems as if it is a rip off, since you are likely replacing you sha touched weapon soon. Its great that you have the opportunity to invest in your gear, if the gear would stay relevant for perhaps 2 tiers it would be much better. Perhaps heroic upgraded sha weapons will be good until heroic 5.2 gear, it would be nice if blizzard gave us some idea as to what is going to happen with the sha touched weapons.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I kind of agree with the OP. It's almost punishing you depending on what it is. Like I have a healing spec on my monk who has the Sha touched gem in the raid finder main hand. I'm currently working on getting the fist weapon for my WW set but I'm going to apparently have to spend 10k to put the gem in there (a problem pure DPS wont have to worry about seeing as they can only DPS). So I'm more or less being punished for having an offspec by having to buy a second gem for 10k. And my guild is doing pretty good on progression. When we kill the empress and if I get the main hand off normal mode it seems I'd then have to pay 10k to fill that socket as well. So then I'm being punished for getting an upgrade.
    I like anime and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    If the 10K/2.5K are to much for you, DONT STICK IT IN YOUR LFR WEAPON
    Wait till you get what you want to put it in, and then do it.
    I don't think somebody who considers this steep will see much above LFR... which turns this into a non-issue, since the first one is free anyway.

The 10k seem way too expensive for an additional 340 mainstat for me. Apart from feeling a bit stupid for doing all that shit and having to pay in gold nonetheless. I'd have preferred to deliver a certain amount of mats.

lets put it this way

i got 464k gold, but i have 5 toons that i play regularly (as most people would have but not the amount of gold i have) each teir they create new sha touched weapons that's draining 12.5k per toon from them not to mention duel wielding and off specs, not every1 has that amount of gold also they are drained when upgrading weapons

remember some people do use their off spec fro raiding as well as their ms

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    lets put it this way

i got 464k gold, but i have 5 toons that i play regularly (as most people would have but not the amount of gold i have) each teir they create new sha touched weapons that's draining 12.5k per toon from them not to mention duel wielding and off specs, not every1 has that amount of gold also they are drained when upgrading weapons

remember some people do use their off spec fro raiding as well as their ms
    i haven't seen any blue posts or datamined items that imply new sha touched weapons will be added next patch. dont know where people are getting this impression from.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    i haven't seen any blue posts or datamined items that imply new sha touched weapons will be added next patch. dont know where people are getting this impression from.
    well there's 3 options
    1) they give us new sha touched weapons,
    2)the 5.0 ones are upgradeable somehow,
    3)the sha touched weapon is replaced in 5.2 by some non sha touched weapon from ToT

i doubt the last option will happen so its either option 1 or option 2

also they haven tested the last bosses of throne of thunder yet where the weapons would drop

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I really don't see whats wrong with this, the game absolutely needs gold sinks and as said previously its a very fair price for what you get.

Dailys/professions provide you with alot of gold along with playing the auction house and having your own farm to grow crops in is also very profitable for very little effort.
    dont talk about "playing the auction house" when like 1% of the playerbase does that ... most of us actually PLAY the game not the auction house... people get too obsessed with earning gold ingame, spend that effort irl to make u some moneyz instead!

OT:it doesent seem excessive, you get 12k faster then you did in cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?