Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Your kidding right? Cool Story bro. 15-20 million people playing world wide. This is not some start up new to the world. This is fricken Age of Wushu. There is no way they told you to delete your character. No way, there is a button you press to get unstuck.

/sigh
    A button to press to get unstuck? Does that button somehow magically take you out of a dead-end quest instance when a cut-scene that was supposed to teleport you to your starting town failed to do so?

No?

I didn't think so. You might try, you know, learning how to read. It's a helpful skill on a text-based message board.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    What's stopping Joe from harassing players to increase bounty on his head and then collect the bounty with his other character?
    Infamy, as Joe kills more people his infamy rises. He becomes wanted. Once his infamy reaches 2k ( about 4-5 murders) anyone who kills him including city guards can send him to jail. If Joe infamy continues to rise, when caught he will be imprisoned until noon the next day, and beheaded. Fiving him a 24 hour -20% dmg debuff.

Now if Joe feels 150 silver is worth 5 hours (must remain online) in prison. He can talk to a dirty constable, have that person arrest him, and send him the silver, or maybe that person will keep his silver, who knows. Maybe he will be caught before he can make the deal. Every bounty hunter on the server will be looking for him.

Remember the guy who put the bounty on Joe? 2 minutes later , he's back doing his thing, Joe free.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2013-05-18 at 03:13 PM.

All this crap is the usual suspects. The people who get hacked at the start of every mmorpg (remember GW2 10k plus accounts hacked?I was one.) the people who buy 3rd party gold and get caught, the people who put in 3-4 tickets per week.

If you create a new email, and new password, you'll be fine. If you are not a person who buys gold, you will be fine. If you almost never use customer service like most people you'll be fine.

Damn near perfect game, so I guess people who want to complain will complain about customer service
    When they delete and make new rules that issues like that aren't to be discussed on their forums, it's obvious they're trying to sweep it under the rug. If there wasn't issues, paypal wouldn't have pulled their support from them (probably because of disputes because of crap security on their part)

Your kidding right? Cool Story bro. 15-20 million people playing world wide. This is not some start up new to the world. This is fricken Age of Wushu. There is no way they told you to delete your character. No way, there is a button you press to get unstuck.

/sigh
    Yes, playing world wide, but the Asian version is far ahead of ours and has better security. It's also F2P so people playing =/= people paying.

Also, it IS a start up as this is the company's first MMO.

"Age of Wushu: Understanding the Sandbox and Loving It."

Video by the guy who did all those GW2 Videos. See what he thinks

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 04:49 PM ----------

Assassination 1 of 4

Fan movie, pure win!
    Last edited by bcbully; 2013-06-08 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Just downloaded the game out of bordem and it is alot of fun.

Does anyone here still play this?

More people everyday. Here's a Wpvp Video I made. This type of stuff happens everyday. 1080P

Last edited by bcbully; 2013-07-03 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith
    Just downloaded the game out of bordem and it is alot of fun.

That's how I started. I was disappointed with DF:UW being pushed back, and PS2 was losing meaning. I stumbled across Wushu. This game that 20 million people are playing worldwide. I've been in Wushu for the past 8 months.

New PvP Video. Enjoy!

This months Mount Hua Tournament!

This is why Age of Wushu PvP is special. This is why there is a world wide 150k USD, 1 v 1, invitational, winner take all, annual tournament. Wushu.

Mount Hua is a monthly server wide 1 v 1 competition. Hopeful competitors collect invitations all month by being top 100 in various catagories, and killing. Those who do not want to compete simply do not accept their initial invitation. There are 1000 spectator tickets sold with in game currency. Spectators have a chance to receive skills based on the skills of the competitors they watch. All 1000 tickets sold.

Feel free to ask any questions. Part 2 coming soon. I have about 1 hours worth of this months Mount Hua Footage. I hope you enjoyed it!

edit- 4th clip should have been 1st!

Jianghu Law - The Hunt - 35 minutes in Age of Wushu

There are many ways to solve problems that may arise in Wushu. I'm a blacksmith, poison maker, and hunter by trade. There is a method at which I approach these problems.

As many of you know, Wushu is a FFA game with harsh penalties for those who break the law, the law of Wushu, and the law of Jianghu customs. The champion of the Mount Hua Tournament (monthly 1v1), the Western Poison, the Head Master of Wanderers Valley (his formal titles), had broken many laws of each.

The Western Poison, once holder of the Heavenly Blade had grown drunk off power. He's arrogance crossed all bounds. Dirty deals, false imprisonment, and murder are common place. Last night he and his goons falsely imprisoned my sister (a female charter friend of equal stature), he had broke Jianghu law. This while he himself had carried a bounty for days. I'm no saint myself, by Wushu standards, litterly atrocious (my alignment) but I do not break Jianghu law. Let the hunt begin!

I contacted my friend early this afternoon and said let's arrest him. This would be no small task, the Western Poison's technique is strong, plus he has learned a source of awesome inner power, Purple Rosy Clouds. If that alone is not enough, he is seldom with out his goons.

I began to put together a team. I sent a carrier pigeon (not really, I pm'd, but I could have) to a Royal Guard, masters of the chain claw for control, a Wanderer who would gladly betray and silence his Head Master, and another Tangmen from my sister and I's sect, we would deal the damage with poison smeared darts.

The opportunity for the three others came on short notice, they were into their own matters and would join us in Chengdu shortly. In the meantime my sister and I went to the Chengdu Adminstrator and paid the 5 taels to become Constables. We decided to hunt him, and keep an eye on him until the others came., or if the circumstances would arrive, go for the arrest.

The hunt didn't take long. True to form, The Western Poison was in the center of town, near the bank, with his bounty, with two goons. On top of that he was sparing with someone. He arrogance truly had no bounds. My sister and I watched as he spared, me from a roof top over looking the intersection, and her from around a corner near. We watched as he spared taking nearly no damage, not once, not twice but three times. The third time he had let his guard down and was taking damage. Our opportunity was near.

Seeing this my sister said we should go now he will heal soon. Being a hunter and a poison maker, I know when pray is weak. I told her "wait." Our pry still had plenty of fight. "Just a little longer and this will be a clean arrest." She paused, the next thing I know she next to him, street level throwing her darts smeared with one of my nastier slow poisons. He told her "you have 30 secs to leave before I kill you." I jumped down from the roof launching my darts.

As soon as the Western Poison felt my darts then saw me, he turned filled with rage. In an instant he charged using an ancient style. I blocked the blow, but was knocked back. He pounced, broke my block, and unleashed the Ancient Tai Chi Rage. I was stunned as blue ball grew within his swirling hands. Helpless I was tossed forth then back. True to form, he then switched to the Wanderers Valley double blade style, Wind Chasing Blade. I was silenced as he continued his assault. I quickly slid away to regain my footing.

All the while sis was delivering multiples of mean darts that where now taking there toll. As I turned to begin my second assault, The Western Poison ran, knowing the situation was hopeless. We gave chase, but we where too late, he had ran into the pretty girls house (this where you try on different clothing designs) the only safe point in all the cities of Wushu. He had escaped literally, an inch from arrest.

The lesson had been served though, and he now knows things aren't as safe as he thought they were. He stood looking from out the pretty girls house speechless. I told my sis "Let's go, we will get another chance. He's too arrogant not to give us another shot."

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Not being sarcastic in the least, but is the character animation from one move to the next a bit abrupt? It seemed that way in the vid, so I wasn't sure if it ws just a video capture thing, or the game itself.

Combat looks quite interesting, I must say. Certainly not the usual fare.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does this game allow for a chain whip or rope dart as the primary weapon?

There are dart and rope/hook weapons in the game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The UI in this game is.....wow. I don't want to call it bad but its certainly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There are dart and rope/hook weapons in the game.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Anyone care to share the severity of the impact of the cash shop is in this game?

sounds interesting but seems like an amazing pay to win opportunity for a developer.

I actually downloaded this game and have begun messing around in it. Confusing to say the least at first but im genuinely intrigued at the game.

I selected the server marked "new" but i dont really know how new it is.

I only had about an hour or 2 to mess around in the game but it is definitely different.

All the online material I have found is still rather confusing though. It is fun walking around as an extreme noob though.

Deleted
    Hey, Jearle. I'm curious to see how far you've come in the game since your last post. There is definitely a lot of different mechanics to absorb, but there are also lots of online resources (e.g. website guides) to help new players get familiarized. I really like the YouTube guides that players make because it's nice to see the content happen in motion for the best reference possible.

I know you guys may be at different stages, but what are your guys' favorite aspect of the game at the moment?

-PioPico, Age of Wulin community manager

Deleted
    I forgot about this game completely, is it still a game that people actually play?