Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I don't wanna go through all the trouble only to realize I need to play affliction in 10man in my guild because it has bigger numbers...

What are your thoughts?
    Don't then, green fire is purely cosmetic and optional.

If you both don't want to put in the effort and don't think you can get away with playing destruction, don't do it.

Personally, I'll play affliction regardless - because it's the spec I've always played, I'll still do the green fire quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Don't then, green fire is purely cosmetic and optional.

If you both don't want to put in the effort and don't think you can get away with playing destruction, don't do it.

Personally, I'll play affliction regardless - because it's the spec I've always played, I'll still do the green fire quest.
    I'm currently giving affliction a try and enjoying it, but im also more interested in the actual quest/story than it making my spells green.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    I'm currently giving affliction a try and enjoying it, but im also more interested in the actual quest/story than it making my spells green.
    Yup, getting a nice lore-quest is the major draw, it hopefully signals the return of class-quest style things that blizzard not only stopped making, but also seemed to consider it necessary to remove all of the old ones.

Besides, if you're playing affliction to see fire... really?

Lets draw a line here. Warlock fire spells are meant to be green/purple/black or whatever because the Warlock does something more and beyond mundane elemental magic. Our beloved shadow/void magic has nothing to do with turning green. What is this nonsense?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could care less about affliction numbers.....the spec is incredibly boring (IN MY OPINION) and demo is so much more fun to play(also my opinion). So I'm going to play the spec I want when I want and if it ever becomes a problem I'll go elsewhere. I'm completely done with playing the spec some gm or some officer or raid leader wants me to play.....they don't pay my subscription. People need to remember games are played to have fun don't let someone ruin your fun especially when you are paying for it. #UndeadDemoLock420blazeitYolo

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I could care less about affliction numbers.....the spec is incredibly boring (IN MY OPINION) and demo is so much more fun to play(also my opinion). So I'm going to play the spec I want when I want and if it ever becomes a problem I'll go elsewhere. I'm completely done with playing the spec some gm or some officer or raid leader wants me to play.....they don't pay my subscription. People need to remember games are played to have fun don't let someone ruin your fun especially when you are paying for it. #UndeadDemoLock420blazeitYolo
    Totally with you on this one. It is indeed about playing a game, not being employed and ordered around. Have fun above all else.

Deleted
    If you want to play Destro then play Destro. If your guild can't accept that then find a better guild that puts fun before pointless server firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Totally with you on this one. It is indeed about playing a game, not being employed and ordered around. Have fun above all else.
    Then join guilds that are there purely for fun, not ones who want to push progression as fast as possible and expect you to min-max to do so. No one is forcing anyone to be in that position. Not saying that's the position you two are in but I can't stand the whole "you don't pay my sub I'll play the 'worst' spec if I want to" argument when that person joined a server/world/region first guild who is pushing and min/maxing content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't get this fascination with being top DPS.

Are you doing more damage than the tank? (provided the fight lets you deal more damage than the tank?)
    Are the bosses going down?

I get that some encounters are going to favor Affliction over Destro and Demo. But unless it's something to the degree of Will of the Emperor, or you're racing for World/Server firsts HM's...

Play what you want.
    If your guild wont let you, then it's a problem between you and your guild, not between you and blizzard. All three specs of warlock are extremely competitive compared to other classes. Blizzard does not have to balance every class and spec around a theoretical standard DPS; It's fine if you want to min/max; but if you're going to do so, you don't really get to complain that your favorite spec is 10-15% behind your other two specs.

Also, a ghostcrawler quote from a few hours ago:

Given that a current parse from raidbots puts destro at 19% below affliction (which is over the top) it's actually pretty middle of the pack compared to demo. If nothing else, demo could use a bump, and affli could use a nerf (though it's hard to nerf affliction, because of multi-dotting, You risk hurting their already low-ish single target trying to nerf their multi-target.)
    low-ish single target?! are we talking about the same affliction here?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    low-ish single target?! are we talking about the same affliction here?
    Yeahhh affliction is literally over the top DPS in panda land right now don't know what hes doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't get this fascination with being top DPS.

Are you doing more damage than the tank? (provided the fight lets you deal more damage than the tank?)
    Are the bosses going down?

I get that some encounters are going to favor Affliction over Destro and Demo. But unless it's something to the degree of Will of the Emperor, or you're racing for World/Server firsts HM's...

Play what you want.
    If your guild wont let you, then it's a problem between you and your guild, not between you and blizzard. All three specs of warlock are extremely competitive compared to other classes. Blizzard does not have to balance every class and spec around a theoretical standard DPS; It's fine if you want to min/max; but if you're going to do so, you don't really get to complain that your favorite spec is 10-15% behind your other two specs.

Also, a ghostcrawler quote from a few hours ago:

Given that a current parse from raidbots puts destro at 19% below affliction (which is over the top) it's actually pretty middle of the pack compared to demo. If nothing else, demo could use a bump, and affli could use a nerf (though it's hard to nerf affliction, because of multi-dotting, You risk hurting their already low-ish single target trying to nerf their multi-target.)
    Low-ish single target damage? Really? What have you been smoking? :>

I know this happens in pretty much every MMO community, but it's still weird to continually see people say "I don't play spec X because its damage sucks so bad!" when it's almost never actually true. There are a few dps specs in the game that are lagging way behind everyone else, but Destruction isn't one of them. If you're in a top guild pushing heroic content, then you can complain that you're sort of forced into Affliction because it's the best performing warlock spec. But the vast majority of us are absolutely not in guilds where that makes a difference. People even go so far as saying Destruction isn't viable, but either they have no idea what that word means or they're basing their opinion off of nothing more than where it places in Raidbots compared to Affliction. Affliction is way ahead, yes, but to say Destruction sucks is nothing but a gross exaggeration.

Personally I like the way that the orange fire contrasts with green Chaosbolt. If EVERYTHING is green it may lose it's luster.

Im still going to be hunting that codex however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If you want to play Destro then play Destro. If your guild can't accept that then find a better guild that puts fun before pointless server firsts.
    You guys do realise fun and minmaxing aren't mutually exclusive, right?

Some people actually enjoy pushing progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Some of the words you have put in bold, probably don't need to be.
    Haha, I thought the exact same thing.

Sort of made me think, "You keep using that font style, I don't think it does what you think it does."

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You guys do realise fun and minmaxing aren't mutually exclusive, right?

Some people actually enjoy pushing progression.
    However, when you pick a pure dps class, you are willing to play with every spec in order to go for the full potential of the class. If its about going for a single spec all the time for a whole expansion then why not play a shadowpriest?

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    you probably don't NEED to be affliciton ... are you a top 500 guildmate? Then the delta between destro and affl won't be why your group wipes, it will be execution, and you can play the spec you want. If your guild doesn't allow that, and they are not in the top progression for your server, find one that progresses similarly, and will let you play your favored spec.
    This,

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    You'll still have green fire, just not as much. It's not a DPS increase in anyway and is only cosmetic. If you wanna play destro to see it more that's your choice.
    And this,

If your not top end raiding like the man said in the top 500, then how you play is up to you, My warlocks always been my main raiding character and has 80% of the time been destro, the other 20% Demo for Demonic Pact during part of Wrath, I've never played aff because I don't like it, my guild was on of the servers leaders but still, it didnt meant I was forced to play aff

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Personally I like the way that the orange fire contrasts with green Chaosbolt. If EVERYTHING is green it may lose it's luster.

Im still going to be hunting that codex however.
    eh i like it. if it were up to me it would be fel magic all the time. void magic is for priests and chaos magic is for demon hunters O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are "If you're not pushing heroic mode progression (and in some cases, even if you are) there's no reason for you not to play the spec you enjoy most".

Unlike most people, I don't think destro needs buffs. If you look at sims (which seems to be what most people care about, despite facts telling them otherwise) Destro is in a comfortable middle of the pack position, above specs such as retribution and shadow. By the way, ret is the ONLY dps spec for paladins. Shadow is the ONLY dps spec for priests. And destro is above them both. It's also above balance druids and every hunter spec (except for BM).

Would I like all warlock specs to be the same? Sure, because then people like you would stop complaining about a perfectly fine spec. That being said, there's other classes/specs out there that need buffs way more desperately than destro.

Trust me, destruction being a "bad" spec isn't what's holding you back. And you shouldn't be "OP" as affliction just because of a green fire quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    tbh it's one of the lowest skill cap spec I've ever seen.
    I disagree. Playing destro to it's max potential is not simple at all.
    Last edited by Spektroman; 2013-01-24 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    void magic is for priests and chaos magic is for demon hunters O-O
    Seriously? Can you even elaborate this? Priests are about the mind and spirit and Demon Hunters coincide with Warlocks.

try this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Setesh

Also, check Touch of Chaos, Chaos Bolt, Chaos Wave, Voidwalker, Void Ray and countless Warlock quotes and NPC names about Void.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2013-01-24 at 06:15 PM.