Deleted

About to ding, a couple of questions

Hey guys, so recently I've been leveling my warlock, and I have to say, I think i'm going to main it, I really love what blizzard have done with all 3 specs, and on the whole, I'm having such a blast I am seriously thinking about making a big change and playing him exclusively.

Here's my predicament, I'm a semi casual player, I do most aspects of the game, from pvp to raiding to farming, but I like to keep to one spec as much as possible, spec switching is something I have never really liked to do, I like to get to grips with one play style and stay like that.

So my question is, which spec can I roll comfortably without having to change between pvp and pve, basicly I'm looking for a spec which will perform semi decent in PvE and PvP.

Destro and Demo are my favourites, I would prefer to play one of those if possible, but affliction isn't out of the question if it is really that much better.

Any advice welcome, thanks!

Affliction is king for PvE and PvP at the moment.

Deleted
    Affli is not king of pvp atm.

Affliction is the best for PvE and performs well in PvP, Demo is the best for PvP and okay for PvE, Destro can be really good in Battlegrounds but not in arena and they really aren't good for PvE.

But affliction will be nerfed in 5.2 for PvE, so I'd say Demo. It's also very satisfying being literally an army, with you in Meta, six Imps, your two summoned Demons with GoServ and possibly your 10-minute CD Demon as well. Play what you enjoy most and you'll do well no matter what IMO.

All Warlock specs perform good in both pvp and pve atm, if you preffer destro and demon i would suggest destro since your going to do both pvp and pve, since demo can be a bit tough to learn (and is just mediocre) in pvp, in my opinion. Best of luck!

Deleted
    Affliction is the number one PvE spec, in terms of average damage and highest damage. most players use Affliction because of this however, skewing the results by way of representation. competitive Affliction PvP is severely gimped however, any damage potential requires use of Haunt and Malefic Grasp spam, eating shards and all but guaranteeing you a Shadow lockout unless you are incredibly adept at juking.

Demonology is the best all round PvP spec, the trinket/dark soul/metamorphosis = huge Chaos Wave crit playstyle was nerfed, but Demo is still strong with strong pets, Imp Swarm for quick fury generation/mini-burst, nice mobility (5.2 removes double teleport however), a knockback, barely any casted spells (instant dots, pets, cooldowns, fel flame as filler and touch of chaos in meta) and has the best synergy with Grimoire of Service which is a really great utility spell for high-skillcapped players. Demo is decent in PvE, nice for movement, burst, and AoE fights, but ultimately behind Affliction.

Destro is a blast in both PvE and PvP. it sims lower than Affliction and Destro, and ranks probably on a par with Demo on average. its strengths are cleave fights, and fights where you can Havoc/Shadowburn snipe for insane damage and ember generation, but does not perform so well on single target. in PvP, you will have an absolute bomb using this in PuG battlegrounds and low rated arenas, one/two shotting players with Havoc and Chaos Bolt under Dark Soul. however, once you begin to approach competitive arena it requires an extremely skilled player to get any unmitigated Chaos Bolt casts off and it can be an extremely frustrating spec to play, which is why most high ranked players use Demonology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    Affliction is the number one PvE spec, in terms of average damage and highest damage. most players use Affliction because of this however, skewing the results by way of representation. competitive Affliction PvP is severely gimped however, any damage potential requires use of Haunt and Malefic Grasp spam, eating shards and all but guaranteeing you a Shadow lockout unless you are incredibly adept at juking.

Demonology is the best all round PvP spec, the trinket/dark soul/metamorphosis = huge Chaos Wave crit playstyle was nerfed, but Demo is still strong with strong pets, Imp Swarm for quick fury generation/mini-burst, nice mobility (5.2 removes double teleport however), a knockback, barely any casted spells (instant dots, pets, cooldowns, fel flame as filler and touch of chaos in meta) and has the best synergy with Grimoire of Service which is a really great utility spell for high-skillcapped players. Demo is decent in PvE, nice for movement, burst, and AoE fights, but ultimately behind Affliction.

Destro is a blast in both PvE and PvP. it sims lower than Affliction and Destro, and ranks probably on a par with Demo on average. its strengths are cleave fights, and fights where you can Havoc/Shadowburn snipe for insane damage and ember generation, but does not perform so well on single target. in PvP, you will have an absolute bomb using this in PuG battlegrounds and low rated arenas, one/two shotting players with Havoc and Chaos Bolt under Dark Soul. however, once you begin to approach competitive arena it requires an extremely skilled player to get any unmitigated Chaos Bolt casts off and it can be an extremely frustrating spec to play, which is why most high ranked players use Demonology.
    Thanks for this well written informative post, thats about everything I wanted to know, I think I'm leaning towards demo at the moment since it's the most fun IMO and it's nice to hear that it does well in PvP.