Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you be able to survive in a harsh combat environment?

Some massive global event takes place and it causes uprisings in every country on the planet. All governments are completely dismantled and there is no rule of law left in the world. Militias, warlords, bandits, and other military-esque groups rise up to fight for control. Your family has joined together with a few other families to form a small combat group to protect yourselves.

You are fully equipped with assault weapons, grenades, jeeps etc. However, rival groups are also equally or even more equipped. Would you be able to survive and protect your family in such a situation? Or would you be more likely to rely on your family members and the others to protect you? Or would you rather go off alone and abandon your family?

-Would you be able to survive in an all-out combat environment?

-Would you be able to survive in an all-out combat environment?
    I seriously doubt it.

Being in the army might help me survive

Deleted
    Depends on how long i have time to prepare.

Deleted
    I only have to run faster and hide better than the other members of the group. so yes for a while I could survive.

Don't think I would at all, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I only have to run faster and hide better than the other members of the group. so yes for a while I could survive.
    Maybe i should move to america so everyone is slower than me.

Incoming internet badasses.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

years of call of duty and battlefield gaming has trained me for this precise moment, I will prevail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Incoming internet badasses.
    Pretty much, some answers needs to be taken with a bit of salt probably.

i don't know. i'm in the danish millitary, guarding the Queen of Denmark. However, in a global war, i don't know how long i would survive.

If everything goes that far downhill, the ability to fight wont matter as much as the ability to forage for food, and that will still matter much less then being lucky.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Did you watch Mad Max or Doomsday over night?

Deleted
    I wouldnt group up in the first place, I'd take my chances alone.

I'd bring my girlfriend and the cats with me and just barricade myself at the land my family own out in the countryside, then I'd get my entire extended family and all my friends and their families to come join us. We've got several people in my extended family who are long time hunters and know their way around guns, many have done military service to. I'd get spotters to watch over the small mountain pass one has to go through to get out to where our houses are at, anyone who seemed to have hostile intent and comes close enough would get ambushed and fucked up. We could hunt, fish, forage(for berries, mushrooms) and plant veggies etc for food. We would be better off then 99% of the others.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-25 at 12:38 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    probably not. i have no military training. though i did use to go camping a lot, dont think it will help though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I wouldnt group up in the first place, I'd take my chances alone.
    So you'd abandon the weaker members of your family?

You'd just leave your mom to die???

I would do fine, thanks for asking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I would do fine, thanks for asking.
    There's no respawn irl.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I would be fine.......

.....down here in my basement