[Music] New Strokes Song

https://soundcloud.com/thestrokes/th...rigger/s-ibI6V

New Strokes song oh yeah. What do you guys think? They're one of my favourite bands and I really like this song so hopefully the rest of the new album will be good.

I am the only person I know who thinks that Angles was their best album yet (there are a few people out there, I'm sure). This seems like a continuation very much in that stream. I really like how they were huge in the garage sound and decided to not just make their career out of doing the same shit over and over, and actually tried to challenge themselves and play music they wanted to.

This song has some bizarre elements, but in typical Strokes fashion, it works (for me).

Yeah I really like Angles too. Admittedly it was my first Strokes album that my ex-girlfriend bought me a while ago but it has some really underrated songs (Gratisfaction, Life is Simple in the Moonlight). However I also feel this really perfects what they were trying to do in Angles. Their first two garage albums were great no doubt -Hard to Explain being my favourite song by them- but Angles was so different. I'm also a sucker for synths and this just sounds so good and different.

Deleted
    It's good but not as good as some of their other songs(imo), but then again it's hard to top those songs cuz they're so awesome.

Deleted
    Agreed, not as good but I'm still into it.

Yeah I know what you mean. Hard to Explain is my favourite song by them and I think it's pretty hard to top it. Honestly every song on Is This It is just fantastic. Kind of sucks that they set them selves up for this by releasing such a perfect début album.