Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The fact people like you teach children makes me scared about the future.
    That's a very personal and unwarranted attack. I see you edited it and still unwarranted and highly offensive.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    That's a very personal and unwarranted attack. I see you edited it and still unwarranted and highly offensive.
    I think what you said about Asians not having suffered enough discrimination to deserve fair treatmen is worse. That's just my personal opinion, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what you said about Asians not having suffered enough discrimination to deserve fair treatmen is worse. That's just my personal opinion, though.
    I think you completely twisting words and ignoring America's history is fine, just don't base personal attacks on it.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

I'm surprised such a thread reached 40 pages without being closed. The title and OP just reeks of baiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Irish history month, Irish people are white...

Black history month is actually BLACK AMERICAN history, not black people everywhere, so to have a white people everywhere month is well.. stupid as we have multiple months for cultures of white people already, yet people don't know or forget this.

People always complain about black history/cultural month, but what about hispanic, irish, italian, and the like?
    They are sadly ignored. Maybe their communities need to push them more? I don't know. I don't know the struggle of Italians but i do now the Irish and Hispanic were also victims of what I call "American hazing".

You can learn a lot of America, the history of the western US in general through the history of Asians in America. Personally I feel like they got it worst behind Native American's and black people with Mexicans and the Irish behind the Asians. Most people are shocked by the number of people of Chinese decent in Mexico and the Caribbean (specifically Jamaica). Why there are so many black people with an Asian ancestor. If you look up the treatment of Chinese immigrants then you would understand why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about either of these things. I'm not American.
    All I needed to know. Thanks!

Deleted
    All I needed to know. Thanks!
    Meaning what exactly?
    Don't discard all of his point cause he's modest enough to point out what is it that he's not an expert on.
    Unlike you saying Asians weren't as present or were better treated cause their culture was a better fit, which shows a worrying lack of objectivity on the matter, without the honesty to say "I don't know". Especially from someone (from what I gather) that teaches kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    They are sadly ignored. Maybe their communities need to push them more? I don't know. I don't know the struggle of Italians but i do now the Irish and Hispanic were also victims of what I call "American hazing".

You can learn a lot of America, the history of the western US in general through the history of Asians in America. Personally I feel like they got it worst behind Native American's and black people with Mexicans and the Irish behind the Asians. Most people are shocked by the number of people of Chinese decent in Mexico and the Caribbean (specifically Jamaica). Why there are so many black people with an Asian ancestor. If you look up the treatment of Chinese immigrants then you would understand why.
    I seem to remember being told that the Irish were often referred to as "white niggers," back when being Irish in the US was a bad thing.

And yeah, we treated Asian immigrants like shit, especially during the development of California. And then the whole thing with Japanese-Americans in World War II...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Meaning what exactly?
    Don't discard all of his point cause he's modest enough to point out what is it that he's not an expert on.
    Unlike you saying Asians weren't as present or were better treated cause their culture was a better fit, which shows a worrying lack of objectivity on the matter, without the honesty to say "I don't know". Especially from someone (from what I gather) that teaches kids.
    Each country has a unique take on this issue. If you don't know America (what I was talking about) then the points are moot.

I like knowing history shows "a lack of objectivity" though. That makes me feel really awesome.
    Last edited by Zhangfei; 2013-01-31 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Each country has a unique take on this issue. If you don't know America (what I was talking about) then the points are moot.
    It seems to me you don know much about it although (I presume) being American, judging by the things you say.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is possible, however people just never talk about it.

A very good example, in France, the major anti-racism association had clear orders to ignore any of this kind of affairs. Since decades there has been nightclubs in Paris where white people could not enter, this has always been ignored by this association.

Now try the opposite, open a club forbidden to black people. This will make the headlines in hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It seems to me you don know much about it although (I presume) being American, judging by the things you say.
    Which goes to show your presumptions are off the mark if you think I am American. Nope, just educated in history and philosophy with some sociology and psychology while studying in America, enough that I attained a Masters degree and I aced all the teaching exams both in theory and methodology.

10+ Year Old Account
    See the problem with that question is that it ignores reality, and it is useally sung by racist white supremicist, who follow the mantra that if its anti racism it is anti white, basically a bunch of idiots who have no real accomplishments in life besides taking pride for something they had nothing to do with.

These type of questions also reveals imo, more about the person asking, than it does to actually seek real information. But for the record we are ALL human and thus capable of being racist. The problem is WHO's gets to define that word or it's expression. The simple fact of the matter is regardless of the fact this is a pretty simple question to answer, unless you are under the impression that we aren't all human or the same species, as some of these lunatics suggest.

It would be clear to me and i think anybody who has actually experienced REAL racism, there is no such thing as reverse racism, any time you seek to act upon knowledge towards someone simply based on their race instead of real criteria that defines them as a person, then anybody can be a racist.

Racism is just racism period.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Imagine if the applications could be judged without pictures or names or places. Crazy thought though, how could that possibly happen.
    They would have to have European names as people with "black" names are much more likely to not be considered.
    If the names are not part of the application that those who decide get to see they can be a group of black girls name myxtlplk for all it matters. European names do not change the person, if you cannot see the name you cannot judge the person based on it.

Deleted
    Yes. Why wouldn't it?

Or are you saying white people aren't considered as a race? That's racist man...

White people can ofc have racism aimed at them, but as a white person i kinda dont care ;P call me what you want i wont cry about it lol

Deleted
    Which goes to show your presumptions are off the mark if you think I am American. Nope, just educated in history and philosophy with some sociology and psychology while studying in America, enough that I attained a Masters degree and I aced all the teaching exams both in theory and methodology.
    And you still manage to come up with such theories as "Asians had it better"?
    What's "better" in racial discrimination? People were "moderately" racist with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    See the problem with that question is that it ignores reality, and it is useally sung by racist white supremicist, who follow the mantra that if its anti racism it is anti white, basically a bunch of idiots who have no real accomplishments in life besides taking pride for something they had nothing to do with.
    The problem here is that "white people aren't allowed to take pride in accomplishments, but HAVE to pay for a past they "had nothing to do with""? This is a double standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that "white people aren't allowed to take pride in accomplishments, but HAVE to pay for a past they "had nothing to do with""? This is a double standard.
    White people are allowed to show pride in their race when appropriate. The problem is since they are the majority demographic in most of western civilization, they look like assholes when they do. Black (most) people love when we see white people excel at something our culture is known for. Look at Eminem for instance, the man is loved by black people who don't even listen to rap because he color lines and damn good at what he does. Even on a more personal level, know cares when a white person says they are representing for white people when its something they aren't known for. I see it all the time. Its when its something they are know for (say "white" history) that people get offended because a) a lot of the history of white people features white people exploiting minorities and b)its seems cocky and like your saying white people are superior since the majority of western history is "white" history with little mention of the history of other minorities. Its hard to understand why white people would want a "white pride" group without them looking like bigots when western society and western culture is literally modeled around white people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    White people are allowed to show pride in their race when appropriate. The problem is since they are the majority demographic in most of western civilization, they look like assholes when they do. Black (most) people love when we see white people excel at something our culture is known for. Look at Eminem for instance, the man is loved by black people who don't even listen to rap because he color lines and damn good at what he does. Even on a more personal level, know cares when a white person says they are representing for white people when its something they aren't known for. I see it all the time. Its when its something they are know for (say "white" history) that people get offended because a) a lot of the history of white people features white people exploiting minorities and b)its seems cocky and like your saying white people are superior since the majority of western history is "white" history with little mention of the history of other minorities. Its hard to understand why white people would want a "white pride" group without them looking like bigots when western society and western culture is literally modeled around white people.
    So everything that went on Europe since the birth of the great civilisations of the past is nothing because it's "mainly based on exploiting minorities"?
    Newsflash!! ALL human history is about one exploiting others. Or you seriously think the subsaharian civilisation were freedom and peace lovers?

I think this to be a VERY racist comment. And also very ignorant as in factually wrong.