Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The 7th Sha must of fallen down Elegons disapearing floor because he was a noob and he's too embarassed to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    They said he was very very very very dead but they didn't confirm that he was completely eradicated. Big difference. For all we know he might be the final boss of this expansion with Garrosh's help of course but that last part is wishful thinking.
    That could just mean we are going to face the first undead old god! Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That's what was going to happen with Cthun but King Mary Sue and his gang of Do-Gooders trololololol'd Cho'gal's attempt at doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    They're outside the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Lei Shen and Ra Den.

The Mogu and Titans are on good terms, you say?
    I believe Lei Shen "woke up" when he was afflicted by curse of the flesh. He aqcuired free will and without positive emotions he saw a chance to get an unmeasurable power (heart of Ra-Den), and by taking that chance he had the element of surprise over Ra-Den who must have thought the mogu their robot army at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The "lore" behind the Sha of Anger, and the fact he keeps respawning, is that our rage is what gives him form once again.

The Sha of Fear and entities like that are only temporarily put down.

Rage is probably the biggest emotion of them all when it comes to the Alliance And Horde, hence why the Sha of Anger masses so close to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, aka the outpost for both factions.

They're not dead in the slightest, and the source of them is still very much alive.
    Maybe they are not even technically alive. Maybe they are like water or an idea, not killable. The only way to do it is to get rid of the emotion altogether.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Maybe they are not even technically alive. Maybe they are like water or an idea, not killable. The only way to do it is to get rid of the emotion altogether.
    The Sha Energy beneath Pandaria is what drives the Sha.

The Sha are given form from thought and negative emotion.

Let's think of it this way: Emotion is an energy. Its a chemical energy that we give off like hormones, pheromones, etc.

Think of that Sha Energy as a near physical form for it to take life. It's basically a curse that any negative emotion you express from your body is given a vessel to take form.

I think that's the best way to describe the Sha and how it works.

Let's think of it this way: Emotion is an energy. Its a chemical energy that we give off like hormones, pheromones, etc.

Think of that Sha Energy as a near physical form for it to take life. It's basically a curse that any negative emotion you express from your body is given a vessel to take form.

And to rid Pandaria of this curse, we must destroy the origin of the Sha......the corpse of Y'shaarj =D

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So we go there to put it down, obviously. But at the end of the dungeon, like how Jaina powers up her staff in ToT, Garrosh swoops in and uses the Divine Bell to attempt and control this Sha. The Sha in turn corrupts Garrosh, setting up the need to take him down in SoO.
    You mean the Divine Rubble? I doubt Garrosh knows how to put the bell back together, if that is even possible.
    Besides, wasn't there some mention that Garrosh won't be corrupted?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the discussions about what the 'seventh sha' (assuming it ends up coming up) will be, and a lot have mentioned the other six have all been negative emotions. Others have suggested Chaos, or War as possibilities but have been shot down a bit by others saying 'they don't fit the model' ie a negative emotion. But suppose that the seventh sha is the sum of all those negative emotions? What happens when Fear, Anger, Hatred, Despair, Doubt, and Violence run rampant in the world?

Sounds very much like War and Chaos to me.

Pride has been frequently mentioned as well which I understand why people have mentioned it (since it's a 'sin' ie hubris) but it fits even more poorly with the other six to me. Obviously Blizz will do what Blizz wants, but I feel the seventh head being the prime like Diablo would be pretty satisfying to me. I did notice that someone brought up the Orochi story and yes it obviously was part of their inspiration for part of this story. Because if you are going to do an asian themed landscape you need to at least have knowledge of some of the common stories.

On another note I love the idea of delving into an organic underground in pandaria with sha 'taint' rampant. It sounds like something you could really do something interesting with, bosses that are totally deformed sha versions of what they once were, rather than just being controlled by the sha like the protectors in terrace. A truly terrifying saurok like creature perhaps that has melded with the stone elemental giants in Dread waste... Those kinds of things sound cool to me, and the color scheme of the sha is pretty nifty to me.

There's no seventh Sha and Y'Shaarj is confirmed to be very very dead.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&t=17m22s

"The seven heads of Y'Shaarj gave out the seven burdens - it's a very early draft of the story but you only really see six Sha in the game; it's really just a magic story telling number, kind of like how you have three wishes or five - seven, just interesting numbers from a story perspective."

"THEY KNOW ABOUT SEVEN, CANCEL EVERYTHING!!" - /sarcasm David Kosak.

Besides I always imagined that the seventh burden wouldn't necessarily be a seventh Sha. It'd be something more obscure, like the Emperor himself, or some strange Zen-sounding Pandaren stuff.

Not just that but Wrathion's new audio HIGHLY hints the Mogu were left behind to guard Yshaarj's body, and he was an insanely powerful Old God.

Something is under Pandaria like I've been saying from the beginning.
    Idk if it's been said yet, but the Ra-den defeat quotes confirm this as well. All of the fight quotes are listed on wowpedia. Basically he's become another Algalon with the intent of destroying Azeroth because nothing can fix the old god corruption.

When you defeat him he says

"Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was even, perhaps you are right... Perhaps there is still hope. But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming... I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course... But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

His quotes upon discovering him kinda like when you walk into Kael's room is:

For millennia I have waited in darkness, in silence, pierced only by the shrieks of the tormented, my dreams a waking nightmare.
    I see the naive hope in your eyes... You think you are my saviors? Wring that mocking pity from your hearts and focus it inwards, for you shall soon know my agony.
    This twisted world is beyond redemption... beyond the reach of deluded heroes... The only answer to corruption... is destruction. And that begins now.

15+ Year Old Account

I understand this but it still confuses me. Wouldn't trying to kill the sha/destroy the body be a bad/angerful act so wouldn't it just make them stronger? Or maybe like only people that are at peace and are zen and stuff that can truly fight them?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post

"The seven heads of Y'Shaarj gave out the seven burdens - it's a very early draft of the story but you only really see six Sha in the game; it's really just a magic story telling number, kind of like how you have three wishes or five - seven, just interesting numbers from a story perspective."

Besides I always imagined that the seventh burden wouldn't necessarily be a seventh Sha. It'd be something more obscure, like the Emperor himself, or some strange Zen-sounding Pandaren stuff.

And now I am sad and have nothing to look forward to in life... dream wrecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post

Blizzard can always retcon. And that interview is pretty old. I think it was done even before the game was released I think. What's the point in mentioning Shaohao's SEVEN burdens and Y'shaarj's SEVEN HEADS if there are only SIX sha? They should have called it Shahao's six burdens and Y'shaarj's six head. When they mention the six sha in the game I believe they are talking about seeing the six sha in the beginning, and then later find out about the last and 7th one. They can't tell too much in and interview what's going to happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I understand this but it still confuses me. Wouldn't trying to kill the sha/destroy the body be a bad/angerful act so wouldn't it just make them stronger? Or maybe like only people that are at peace and are zen and stuff that can truly fight them?
    No idea man.

We don't know everything about the Sha yet, and they're still kind of a mystery.

We'll have to wait and see I guess!

Deleted
    So, there are many mentions about Y'Shaarj in new Wrathion's audio and also something about him still "being a threath to Vale of Eternal Blossom." It looks like that he may not be forgotten after all.