Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Since you asked, then I will answer. Your grammar is totally shit, even for an internet forum. An Officer will be expected to write out dozens of reports a day, one fuck up could mean miscommunication and possible lives lost. To be very honest, unless you improve drastically you will not even make it as a senior NCO.

Before any mods decide to infract me, he did ask.
    Successful troll is successful, thank you for letting me know I'm just wasting my time here.

Infracted: Please do not call other trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-30 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaty View Post
    Successful troll is successful, thank you for letting me know I'm just wasting my time here.
    I am a serving Military Officer that is full of advice, instead of taking constructive criticism you insult me and accuse me of trolling, I don't think any branch of the Military wants that attitude to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a serving Military Officer that is full of advice, instead of taking constructive criticism you insult me and accuse me of trolling, I don't think any branch of the Military wants that attitude to be honest.
    This. If you can't take a so called internet troll good luck getting through boot/OCS with some of the meanest trolls in the world who will try to make you drop out while at boot/OCS..
    Tauren are the only race that produce the proper sound effects when you use the '/moo' emote.
    /moo'ing since the beginning of march 2004 in the closed World of Warcraft beta.
    Taurens>Gnomes>Trolls>Orcs>Worgens.
    Druid>Shaman>Rogue>Mage.

Sounds more like TSA material.

Well thank you for the advice you gave me on my grammar. I might not care about my grammar on a online forum and i was seeking real advice on this situation but i do know that i will make a fine and fucking good soldier and I'm not worried about a little problem have on grammar that i can certainly fix.

Edit: I took the pre asvab from my army recruiter, i scored a 57... He said the average person scores a 39-45
    Last edited by mcbeaty; 2013-01-30 at 02:33 AM.

well, so far you have insulted the intelligence of an employed scientist and called an officer a troll for giving you an answer you dont like. from my experience the military might not be a good fit for you
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
    This. If you can't take a so called internet troll good luck getting through boot/OCS with some of the meanest trolls in the world who will try to make you drop out while at boot/OCS..
    He would not last a week with his attitude, twice in two pages he has insulted people, A DI would rip him a new arsehole.

Edit, 3 times he insulted people, in only 2 pages.

Since you asked, then I will answer. Your grammar is totally shit, even for an internet forum. An Officer will be expected to write out dozens of reports a day, one fuck up could mean miscommunication and possible lives lost. To be very honest, unless you improve drastically you will not even make it as a senior NCO.

It should be pretty easy to fix this though. Just take an English class that focuses on grammar and possibly technical writing.

Usually I can tell that someone will not make a good officer because they are lazy, looking for the easiest job instead of one they like or are good at, or want to do it for the money. Combative attitudes arent going to help you either especially when someone is trying to help you.

Another big disqualifier is being inherently irresponsible.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-01-30 at 02:34 AM.

Deleted
    Well thank you for the advice you gave me on my grammar. I might not care about my grammar on a online forum and i was seeking real advice on this situation but i do know that i will make a fine and fucking good soldier and I'm not worried about a little problem have on grammar that i can certainly fix.
    Wrong, a good Soldier admits weakness and addresses it, you just insult people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Successful troll is successful
    What? I don't even... If anything, you are the troll for making such a ridiculous thread.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Honestly the criticism didn't seem very constructive. Also, if you truly were a serving Military Officer you would have learned tact at some point. Unless of course you mean you serve Military Officers as a bartender in the Officer's Club. Frankly having served in the military myself the bar to becoming an Officer is pretty low if you meet the requirements. I have met far more intelligent and competent NCOs than officers. Truly great officers are few and far between and the ones who do succeed are excellent communicators. As far as being a senior NCO goes, anybody would have plenty of time to get the necessary education and go to the proper schools and learn the required skills before reaching that point so the point is pretty moot. Not sure if it is the same as when I was in, but if you are interested in technology then becoming a Warrant Officer is the best of both worlds.

Well you will not make a very good Officer
    He mentioned enlisting not getting a commission. So why would he worry about being a good officer?

Join the Air Force. Become a loadmaster. Use your tuition assistance while in to complete a degree. Use your GI bill when you get out after four years for a masters. Send me a box of Krispy Kreme donuts as thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Honestly the criticism didn't seem very constructive. Also, if you truly were a serving Military Officer you would have learned tact at some point. Unless of course you mean you serve Military Officers as a bartender in the Officer's Club. Frankly having served in the military myself the bar to becoming an Officer is pretty low if you meet the requirements. I have met far more intelligent and competent NCOs than officers. Truly great officers are few and far between and the ones who do succeed are excellent communicators. As far as being a senior NCO goes, anybody would have plenty of time to get the necessary education and go to the proper schools and learn the required skills before reaching that point so the point is pretty moot. Not sure if it is the same as when I was in, but if you are interested in technology then becoming a Warrant Officer is the best of both worlds.
    His actual words are not nearly as bad as what would be said by the guys immediate superior chewing him out for making even a tiny and insignificant mistake. Also its a pretty common vernacular to say something is "shit" instead of using other words for bad. At least in non American English speaking countries.

Love it when I read "I app'ed to the armed forces and I scored XX on the app test, so I am SOOO awesome. I am like the next Steven Seagal". I remember in while I was in basic.

Our first platoon meeting with the Captain, one guy raises his hand "Excuse me sir, I know martial arts".

Captain "And?"

Recruit "Does that mean anything?"

Captain "Yeah, it means while youa re trying to kick people they will be shooting you."

No special snowflakes in this career. If you can't take the advice RICH1471 offered, don't waste the time of the Forces and app, you will be in for a few days tops before you realize that if you even look an instructor funny he will make your life hell for as long as he thinsk you deserve it.

Thank you very much i will look more into Warrant Officers, thanks for the help i really do appreciate it

10+ Year Old Account

You don't need the Tongue and Quill to write on an internet forum.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted

Edit: I took the pre asvab from my army recruiter, i scored a 57... He said the average person scores a 39-45
    Max score 99, your score is not that high before you start boasting.

I apologize rich, the advice you gave me wasn't the advice i was expecting and i wish you would had just sent me a pm.

I took the pre asvab from my army recruiter, i scored a 57... He said the average person scores a 39-45
    :/ ... 57 really isnt good at all, unless they have changed it drastically. not trying to be mean here
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    We British generally have little inclination to sugar coat things. If he isn't prepared for direct and to-the-point attitudes, he shouldn't be enlisting in the military at all.

As for NCO's... Well yes there are most probably a lot more competent NCO's than officers. Arguably NCO's are more deserving of respect as well... They rose through the ranks and they've done it all, not some smarmy mummy's boy who just left university. That's not to say that all commissioned officers are that way, but there are plenty undeserving of the respect their rank demands.