Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Queue for it.
    5-man.

First place gets 40 VP and a Scenario completion Chest.
    Second and third get 20 VP.
    Every participant gets 50 JP for finishing the race.

Random Race:
    1K Needles Aquatrack (kalimdor)
    Gilneas City Derby (eastern kingdoms)
    The Netherstorm Superboost (outland)
    Grizzly Hills Offroading (northrend)
    Krasarang Raceway (pandaria)

Finish first + Set a new speed record for yourself = Misty Satchel of Exotic Mysteries

Reputation level similar to Brawler's Guild, levelled up by finishing first and setting server-wide records.

High rep rewards being racing-themed mounts, pets, vanity items, and a checkered-flag 5% extra experience tabard heirloom.
    And to add onto this:
    It'd be simple to enforce a limit on which mounts you can use. Each faction has relativly easily acceasible mechanical mounts (gnome/goblin ones) and less easily accessible (Mekgineer's Chopper / Mechano-Hog), as well as non-faction specific ones like the rideable Rockets.

A "racing" debuff can cancel out things like Paladin mountspeed-buff talents.

Also, a functional riding crop / carrot on a stick for high lvl characters would be a very suitable reward for high level rep with the 'racing cartel' faction, as well.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-31 at 09:26 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Used to play an MMORPG which had these kinds of races about 4 times a day. Instanced place with all passive speed buffs removed to level the playing field. Good fun!

I love this idea. There's so many good thoughts already in the topic and the things blizz could do with this...As others have said, if you haven't done so already, post this on the official forums and use the in game suggestion button. Make this known to blizzard!

Sounds awesome
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is suited for something like a spinoff that would actually make money for Blizzard. Like back in the 90s where every series had to have a racing type game. Even Motal Kombat had a racing game... ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love somethig like this. When I first did the Roll across the wall daily I was amazed at how cool that was. Now if blizzard would make something like that, but a race with better movement (not the stale and simply mount speed where you go 300% movement speed 100% of the time...) that would be something I would consider fun to do.

I've wanted this since like 4ever. I've suggested this back when AQ40 was introduced aswell. Racing in AQ40 would be really neat. And I loved that the mounts dissapeared when you fucked up and jumped a little too high and steered carelessly (damage done made the mount go away).

Something like that could be very nice. I'd probably be found there all day everyday. I don't particularly need a mariokart style race. It would be fun ofc. But I would be happy with a normal one aswell. When I was in college and I came home around 15.30 I played Mariokart like until late in the evening everyday (SNES). And when my friends would be there, we'd have a blast. Cursing and yelling at Yoshi and Donkey (we always played Toad and Koopa).

WoW is already more a themepark than an immersive fantasy world, so why not? Would be a fun addition.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    How about mount races? Like upgrading your mount by buying parts, leveling them up, racing against your friends.
    Sadly, there are some problems.

I used to race friends in Ironforge, around the map and inside I'm sure you get the picture.
    The problem?

It was impossible to know who won.

Now think about BG's... you always go ahead of the rest at the start don't you?... oh wait.. why is a pet ahead of me if it's owner is behind....

Latency is not the same for all. Most of the times we are at the same position/time, but many times there's a lesser delay. Most of the times such delay win't really matter but for racing as you expose it does.

------------

In my opinion, well as you can see I like the idea since I've done it!, but once again, it would be a bit weird. Sure the machine can perfectly read who's the first tho, but maybe you are visualy the leading racer and then find yourself as the third :/