Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    read the last 2 pages, he saw potential in them so he had them killed so they couldn't learn everything destroyed.....what...that is not right in any way, he started the war with the pandaren trying to literally control them. well big mistake now the pandaren's allies the horde and the alliance are going to kill him for his bad choices.
    But still, it's what he thinks was the right way to go about things.

He's doing it all because he thinks he's acting in the same image as the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But still, it's what he thinks was the right way to go about things.

He's doing it all because he thinks he's acting in the same image as the Titans.
    Its still not the right way, thats the same thing Garrosh is doing, thinking hes doing what hes father would be proud of. The methods are what is goin to cause hes demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Well the methods he is useing are not correct, he wants to prosper or better his people but hes doing it the wrong way, much like Garrosh. Exacly the same thing.
    Their methods are similar, indeed, but their similarities end there. Lei Shen respects strength and loyalty as you can see in the story about the spear master mogu and the legendary weaponsmith. He wants what is best for his people and does it by how the mogu were taught by their creators (the titans). I have witnessed none such behavior from Garrosh. He is very hot headed and immature. He is willing to use any dangerous magics to achieve glory, despite the fact that it could hard him and his people. He is a fool unworthy of the title, Warchief.

Its still not the right way, thats the same thing Garrosh is doing, thinking hes doing what hes father would be proud of. The methods are what is goin to cause hes demise.
    The way he presents himself I guess is what's doing it for me, but nice comparison to Garrosh. I see what you're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way he presents himself I guess is what's doing it for me, but nice comparison to Garrosh. I see what you're saying.
    Oh for sure, he atleast apreciate his allies, unlike someone else...heh

10+ Year Old Account
    yes yes he's 'badass', but what do you lot care since he's just going to be a sack of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yes yes he's 'badass', but what do you lot care since he's just going to be a sack of loot.
    I happen to care very much, I like Genghis Khan type figures.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Beeing a sack of loot doesnt invalidate beeing a badass. Thats a bad argument. You just dont like him becuase hes a Tyrant much like your best friend
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-31 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care because I picked up this game for the lore, and Lei Shen is proving to be a phenomenal character. Many other awesome characters were and will be a sack of loot, doesn't mean we can't like and care for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beeing a sack of loot doesnt invalidate beeing a badass. Thats a bad argument. You just dont like him becuase hes a Tyran much like your best friend
    no I just find it funny how people are comparing him to the lich king in some arguments in terms of the kind of ruler he is, but the lich king had years or build up, where as Lei Shan just had.. well.. this.

Its like before you can even say 'he's badas...' *poof*, he's dead.

no I just find it funny how people are comparing him to the lich king in some arguments in terms of the kind of ruler he is, but the lich king had years or build up, where as Lei Shan just had.. well.. this.

Its like before you can even say 'he's badas...' *poof*, he's dead.
    Arthas's years of buildup made him more disappointing.
    Twas brillig

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I happen to care very much, I like Genghis Khan type figures.
    Not very Genghis Khan though, since Genghis never build empires, great monuments or had a large army consting of infantry... Nah Lei Shen is much more Tokugawa if anything.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Arthas's years of buildup made him more disappointing.
    not to me bub. Arthas always dah man <3

Still, you could put lei shan in the context of something like yogg saron, we knew nothing of him before wrath and only little bits prior to ulduar, and once we did, he was dead by the end of it.

Well, as far as "badasses" go he's certainly got a better story than Boba Fett or Darth Maul, imo. Also, much more well crafted lore tidbits than any "there must always be a Lich King" dealings if we take it on a raid-by-raid basis, from the looks of it. Hopefully it doesn't get subverted in any way
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool stuff. I got a zandalari book on the PTR too, about a guy that traveled with Zul when Zandalar was enduring the cataclysm. Hope to read all these in the game when I get the chance. I LOVE the lore that's in them and the story they tell. So much for Mists not having a major villain and no interesting lore to keep people tied to the game.

...I can't even hate Lei Shen now.

He believes what he's doing is RIGHT.

God.

Makes you really think what is right and what is wrong.
    Learn to recognize. Every asshole with a taste for power will use words like unity and strength to get what they want.

Obedience or death.

Three things that come to mind when I read about Lei Shen, Lei Shens edict, and what they really are

Mao Zedong - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_Zedong
    Quotations from Chairman Mao (AKA The little Red Book) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotati...m_Chairman_Mao
    Maoism/Deviationism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviationism

Keep in mind this guy killed all the Panderan scholars and kept the Pandaren illiterate on penalty of death just because he saw them to be a threat.

Maybe you may have a problem discerning right from wrong but those who know their history don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am totally inviting the thunder king to my poker nights..... Tirion always wins

not to me bub. Arthas always dah man <3

Still, you could put lei shan in the context of something like yogg saron, we knew nothing of him before wrath and only little bits prior to ulduar, and once we did, he was dead by the end of it.
    But people still love him to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So zandalar is still.... semi in existence its just sinking

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Very cool stuff. I got a zandalari book on the PTR too, about a guy that traveled with Zul when Zandalar was enduring the cataclysm. Hope to read all these in the game when I get the chance. I LOVE the lore that's in them and the story they tell. So much for Mists not having a major villain and no interesting lore to keep people tied to the game.
    Yea I'm too lazy to try and farm those books on the PTR.