Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    How do people make money in Isreal? I always hear about jewish people moving back to the motherland all the while knowing how unstable it is. Isn't it a desert there. What the heck do they do there for a living?
    What is the meaning of the name 'Israel'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    So you've said before but there's plenty governments could do to stop Israel and put it back in its place.
    Or the Palestinians could stop electing terrorist-sympathetic governments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    You'll never get human rights in a country dominated by extremist religious views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You'll never get human rights in a country dominated by extremist religious views.
    Hardly. The Israeli government has elements of 'religious extremism', but the majority of their actions actually have rational backings. That they ignore moral considerations is a failing, but ultimately irrelevant in the international scheme.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Uh they did just that when they elected Arafat and Mahmoud Abbas. Read a book. The only "terrorist-sympathetic" government is in Gaza, and as I've pointed out in other threads, Hamas has nothing at all to do with the government represented at the UN, and are not residents or even citizens of the newly formed State of Palestine.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or the Israelis could get out of their country and creating the situation that makes them elect "terrorist-sympathetic" governments.

Hardly. The Israeli government has elements of 'religious extremism', but the majority of their actions actually have rational backings.
    Every state genocide and state-led mass murder has had a rational.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Think its more an excuse people make up themself as to avoid making it seem like jews get persecuted again. But forget that its not the case when there is actually a legitimate reason behind being against their actions - also its not something that means the annihilation of jews for that matter.
    Yeah, I can see why it happens. The crushing logic behind Israel's actions brings despair. I believe I read somewhere Israel secretly funded Hamas to try to displace the PLO (the more palatable and internationally popular face of the Palestinians). I'm thinking having Hamas there makes the situation even more volatile and potentially dangerous for Israel itself. I'd much prefer if some sort of peaceful two-state solution or negotiation was worked out rather than seeing a more powerful nation cynically trying to chip away at a native people's culture and identity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Looking over the nations that sit on the United Nations Human Rights Council, I can't see how ANYONE much less Israel would even consider taking anything the council says seriously.
    Agreed, like the league of nations before it, the UN is a load of old crap. Keep NATO in place, but scrap the UN I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Agreed, like the league of nations before it, the UN is a load of old crap. Keep NATO in place, but scrap the UN I say.
    The UN is useful from a nonpolitical standpoint, as well as for the fact it provides a forum in which the great powers can talk. Other than that, I agree.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Or the Israelis could get out of their country and creating the situation that makes them elect "terrorist-sympathetic" governments.
    Exactly how is evicting Israelis any better than evicting Palestinians? Israel's existence is as I said, a fait accompli. There is nothing to be done for it, nor should there be - I prefer having a western democratic republic as a client state in the Middle East.

The UN is useful from a nonpolitical standpoint, as well as for the fact it provides a forum in which the great powers can talk. Other than that, I agree.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:51 PM ----------

Exactly how is evicting Israelis any better than evicting Palestinians? Israel's existence is as I said, a fait accompli. There is nothing to be done for it, nor should there be - I prefer having a western democratic republic as a client state in the Middle East.
    Uh, typically a client PAYS, not gets paid. The US sends $8.2million per DAY to Israel.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Uh, typically a client PAYS, not gets paid. The US sends $8.2million per DAY to Israel.
    A client state doesn't have to pay; all it means is that they are subordinate politically or militarily.

Did you look at the ACTUAL members list or only the members that changed in 2013?
    China, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia raise my eyebrow a bit, just at a quick glance.

Deleted
    Does this surprise me? No. Does it scare me? Yes, because Israel has nukes, and, unlike North Korea, they're close enough to me to hit me if they get annoyed.
    To be honest by rejecting this one too, they show that they, the gouvernment of Israel, are no better then the terrorists they claim to be fighting. Which is sad. I kind of feel bad for the actually level-headed people living in Israel, for their gouvernment is as bad as those terrorist organizations it fights.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I have to say, people keep saying this on this forum, but I haven't seen anyone supply evidence, beyond a few Netanyahu quotations. With some posters it's almost as if the history of the holocaust is treated as some sort covert Israeli indoctrination. I think Israels policies are very cynical and self-serving, but even General Nasser's Pan-Arabism - behind the secular sheen - was unity through hatred of Israel.
    The thing is Netanyahu was a representative of his country when he made those quotations. More exist, I will look for them tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    They immigrated to Palestine over 50 years. 120 years later it should be easier to get them to emigrate back out, especially within their own borders to older times.

I prefer having a peaceful, pro-Western entire Middle East, rather than one small psychopathic abusive malevolent illegal client state.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Israel has been using the holocaust as an excuse for their shit for too long now, it may have washed with previous generations but not this one.
    if it wasn't for antisemitism and the holocaust israel as we know it wouldn't exist in the first place.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2013-02-01 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    if it wasn't for antisemitism and the holocaust israel as we know it wouldn't exist in the first place.
    Anti-Semitism doesn't exist. At least not as you're portraying it. Semitic refers to the people with genetic origins in the Levant, which include but is not limited to Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Not all Semites are Jews. Not all Jews are Semitic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    And they are still using it to get away with shit today.

You mean like Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Turkey, and all the other countries that are a part of the Arab League?!

Deleted
    Anti-Semitism doesn't exist. At least not as you're portraying it. Semitic refers to the people with genetic origins in the Levant, which include but is not limited to Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Not all Semites are Jews. Not all Jews are Semitic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

"While the term's etymology might suggest that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic peoples, the term was coined in the late 19th century in Germany as a more scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"),[1] and that has been its normal use since then.[2] For the purposes of a 2005 U.S. governmental report, antisemitism was considered "hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity."[3]

As much as it makes me seem like im picking a side (which I am not) I will try to be as unbiased as I can. But I am playing devil's advocate here.

I have noticed lately, here and everywhere else, that many people have upped the anti-israel campaign a lot. I know its human nature to side with the underdogs, but still to the extent people are against them is disturbing. Both sides have done bad things, both sides are aggressors, with neither being true defenders. People say that Israel stole palestine from them 50 years ago, without acknowledging that a long time before that the jewish people owned that land and were kicked out. Is there a a time limitation before its ok to take someone else's land? Israel was right in what they said to the UN, just many people assume they are just assholes, if you look here, and other places in the world and on the internet, everyone is against them. How are they going to be assured that the "inspections" will be fair and unbiased? Everything is telling them its not going to be.

How the peace negotiations are going between the 2 countries is god-awful, and has a lot of room for improvement. Israel needs to stop being so defensive and pre-striking everything in their path, and palestine needs to realize that this land isn't theirs. In th 50+ years since its founding, Israel has been invaded a few times, and both times they fought back and pushed their enemies back, they are surrounded on all sides by people that hate them, and you wonder why they are acting the way they do? Then their supposed allies are starting to sympathize and back the people that want the jewish people wiped from the earth. All their friends turned or are turning against them, how the hell do you think they would respond?
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2013-02-01 at 12:16 AM.